Awakening (316)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
    I think part of what I enjoyed with the vampire story in this one is that Magnus wasn't totally dismissed by the vamp queen as a mere mortal. After all, Helen does have a bit of vampire blood in her. Considering that Afina tossed Tesla aside as just a minion & not quite worthy, I'm glad she was able to spar a bit with Helen - even if she was going to use her for feeding at some point. (Ewww!)
    there was a bit of cheesiness about the vampire queen , but also a lot of fun, and i'd LOVE to see this storyline continued!

i wonder if the queen bit helen? i mean, what happened after helen said about choking on it/her blood? we never saw how that scene really ended...
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      there was a bit of cheesiness about the vampire queen , but also a lot of fun, and i'd LOVE to see this storyline continued!

i wonder if the queen bit helen? i mean, what happened after helen said about choking on it/her blood? we never saw how that scene really ended...

oh, someone has to fanfic that. PLEASE..... *hugs and kisses* and *a little nip on the neck*

Comment

question time.

no matter how many times i replayed the scene, i can't understand what helen said. it's when helen first takes tesla aside, to tell him she doesn't trust the queen. just before the queen is suddenly at helen and tesla's side, helen takes tesla's shoulders and says???
        sally

sigpic

Comment

question time.

no matter how many times i replayed the scene, i can't understand what helen said. it's when helen first takes tesla aside, to tell him she doesn't trust the queen. just before the queen is suddenly at helen and tesla's side, helen takes tesla's shoulders and says???
          "That's an excellent scientific method. Really! Really good!"

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
            "That's an excellent scientific method. Really! Really good!"
            thank you!!
            sally

sigpic

Comment

gawd, helen and tesla are so cute together!
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                I find it interesting that Tesla, mister 'recreate my race' didn't blink an eye at Helen blowing them up
                Tesla isnt a bad guy he just goes about it the wrong way. What he wants his knowledge. I think ultimatly he wants peace. Like what he says about learning from the blood.
                But he's so caught up on the inteligence that vamps have that he forgets that for them humans are nothing but food. And they wouldnt just bring the knowledge but also the wars.
                So when the vamp Queen turns into "I'm going to rule" he sees what a bad idea it is.
                I think that even if she hadnt discarted him he wouldnt accept it.

Comment

gawd, helen and tesla are so cute together!
                  Seeing Magnus and Tesla together you really get the sense of not only two long time friends, but equals.

Will may be a promising protege, but he's no equal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchess View Post
                    I loved how Sanctuary returned to what I first loved it for!!! And I got my wish- more Helen and Tesla interactions. When they woke the queen, I was a bit skeptical and worried the show would have turned into a war between humans and vampires, which would have been a little cliched. Oh! I was sooo overjoyed that Tesla returned being a vampire; that was the icing on the cake! I must say, for a come-back episode, this really did bring the show back to its original high standards.
                    Re - the bolded: I completly agree with you. Though, I think, at some, they will have do it. I was only glad it wasn't right now, I'm not in the mood for an all out war just now. But I look forward to it (because I think not all the vamps are dead, of course!). ;D

I find it interesting that Tesla, mister 'recreate my race' didn't blink an eye at Helen blowing them up
                    Originally posted by kes View Post
                    Tesla isnt a bad guy he just goes about it the wrong way. What he wants his knowledge. I think ultimatly he wants peace. Like what he says about learning from the blood.
                    But he's so caught up on the inteligence that vamps have that he forgets that for them humans are nothing but food. And they wouldnt just bring the knowledge but also the wars.
                    So when the vamp Queen turns into "I'm going to rule" he sees what a bad idea it is.
                    I think that even if she hadnt discarted him he wouldnt accept it.
                    I tend to agree with Kes. That and you know, Tesla maybe was used to being at the top of the vampires (he was the only one ;P), and the Queen just tossed him aside. He probably wanted a little revenge and didn't that much about her being blow up since he had his powers back.

Originally posted by Steff View Post
                    oh, someone has to fanfic that. PLEASE..... *hugs and kisses* and *a little nip on the neck*
                    Fanfic? Definitly!
                    sigpic
                    Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                    My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                    Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

I understood it as Nikola wanting to recreate the vampires - if he was in charge of them and could control them at some point. That's why he got upset back in "Sleepers", after his newly vamped kids took over things. It's also why he had created the 'devamper' as a fail safe. The "nobody hijacks Nikola Tesla" line was testament to that.

In this one, I think that if Afina would have let Nikola be by his side as an equal in ruling their newly risen race and having authority over them all, instead of pushing him aside like a mere minion, Helen would have had a very hard time in convincing him that all of it was wrong and they needed to kill them all. Would Helen have been able to outwit two unwilling vampires in that situation?
                      sigpic

Comment

So I liked that one. Finally a good one after 3 terrible ones. Both the main and the side stories were interesting. I like stuff about Kate's past and I like Tesla stories even more.
                        Finally Tesla is a vamp again.
                        I had 2 problems with this episode.
                        1- I expected what would happen since the beginning.
                        2- Where on earth is Henry?????

Spoiler:
                        I'm 100% sure that the queen is not dead. Same goes to the other vampires in stasis and I think she found a way to Praxis. She will be the new enemy and the Praxians will not be able to fight them, but Helen will save the Praxians. Tesla might change sides. Of course that's just what I think. No one really knows.

Comment

I understood it as Nikola wanting to recreate the vampires - if he was in charge of them and could control them at some point. That's why he got upset back in "Sleepers", after his newly vamped kids took over things. It's also why he had created the 'devamper' as a fail safe. The "nobody hijacks Nikola Tesla" line was testament to that.

In this one, I think that if Afina would have let Nikola be by his side as an equal in ruling their newly risen race and having authority over them all, instead of pushing him aside like a mere minion, Helen would have had a very hard time in convincing him that all of it was wrong and they needed to kill them all. Would Helen have been able to outwit two unwilling vampires in that situation?
                          I dont see it. He's not like that.

Comment

Afina may be dead. but i noticed that magnus lowered the large door to the large stasis chamber before the bomb went off, so theoretically, some/most could have survived
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

True but it was quiet a big hole in the ground afterwards, certainly much bigger than the chamber they were standing in.

Comment

Finally got around to watching this episode and I agree with most of you here, it was very enjoyable. Helen and Tesla are always fun together and AT and JY do a great job of portraying these two people who are long-time friends but also have such different personalities and goals. The revamped Tesla is also fun, though it's interesting that it seems he didn't get back his ability to manipulate electricity, he still just has the magnetism.

The vampire queen felt a bit over the top to me at times so I'm glad that she appears to have died at the end of this ep. The rest of court could have survived (Tesla said something about the rock wall being as strong as diamond), so they can revisit the vampire storyline later if they want but it won't dominate the show.

I also liked the Kate B story, though maybe it would have been better served to shore up some of the weaker episodes like Wingman or One Night since it seemed rather unnecessary in this ep. Though I did enjoy the serious Will and his conversation with Kate, which wouldn't have been possible in the other eps. This could also set up a potential bonding moment between Helen and Kate, since Helen definitely knows what it's like to have her past come back to haunt her.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                                Anxiously awaiting this ep.

Who wrote/directed this one?
                                Written by Gillian Horvath and directed by Lee Wilson.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                                ^what she said. I actually was nervous for Helen. favorite line: "...while using me as your personal canteen." Very Magnus.

I'm so glad the vampire queen got dealt with in one episode and not a long continuing story.
                                That was a great line, along with 'I hope you choke on it.' I did find it a bit odd that Afina didn't feed on Helen at least once after threatening her so often.

I agree, I think Tesla's main goal as been to resurrect his race in his image or under his control and bring back the golden age of the vampires. I'm sure to him he's doing the 'right' thing because it would foster all the technological advancements and the 'peace' his race was responsible for. Though it would also mean the enslavement of mankind, something Tesla doesn't seem to have a problem with but Helen objects to, and rightly so IMO.

Tesla seemed quite besotted with Afina until she turned against him, I think as long as she seem to promise him equality he would have gone along with her plan to resurrect her court and bring back the golden age of the vampires. He'd probably try to make sure Helen was treated well because of his history with her, but I doubt he'd extend the same consideration to other humans.

While I enjoyed this ep I simply cannot wait for Normandy next week, even just the preview looks amazing.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X