Wingman (315)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    to be fair, sg1 had a clip show in its first season (politics)

I do agree that will is getting comfy in his job, too comfy maybe? too at ease? too cocky? it's like he has the knowledge of the abbies but not the respect for them.
    Yeah, there's a immaturity to Will these last few episodes like him and Abby at the end of this ep or his rant at Henry in Hangover, that I don't really think fits the character. Maybe it's a reaction to dying again, or it's just the influence of Abby, but it makes me miss the Will of the first 2 seasons and S3.0. Though to be fair I really liked him in Metamorphosis, esp his scenes with Helen and Kate.

sigpic

Comment

I thought this episode was quite good.

I've either liked or dislike clip shows, depending on how it's done. I always felt that they did it right on SG-1, and like Sky said, SG-1 did a clip show in S1, and so did SGA in S1. I had no idea this would be a clip show, but I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the first clip, and the rest of them. Many of those eps I haven't seen in a really long time, actually not since they aired because-- never mind. Anyway, after not seeing those episodes for so long, for me, personally, I enjoyed the ep because it was a great way to look back at some great Sanctuary moments over the past 3 years, and it really shows how far they've all come.

Maybe they thought about doing a clip show an account this is an extended season, and they wanted to give fans a look back on some good moments?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
        I thought this episode was quite good.

I've either liked or dislike clip shows, depending on how it's done. I always felt that they did it right on SG-1, and like Sky said, SG-1 did a clip show in S1, and so did SGA in S1. I had no idea this would be a clip show, but I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the first clip, and the rest of them. Many of those eps I haven't seen in a really long time, actually not since they aired because-- never mind. Anyway, after not seeing those episodes for so long, for me, personally, I enjoyed the ep because it was a great way to look back at some great Sanctuary moments over the past 3 years, and it really shows how far they've all come.

Maybe they thought about doing a clip show an account this is an extended season, and they wanted to give fans a look back on some good moments?
        Like Rocky, I don't especially like or dislike clip shows - it depends on how well it is done. And I also didn't know it was going to be a clip show until the first set of clips...and was pleasantly surprised. Well, what do you expect when you start with clips of Helen kicking butt?!?!? That made me deliriously happy. And the "Well done, Henry" clips were fun, too. I also enjoyed seeing Peter DeLuise as Ernie. (I loved him so much in his webisode appearance - I think his character was a bit more charming in the webisode, but then he was interacting with Ashley, not Will. So the dynamic would be different.)

I don't know how I feel about Abby. I don't hate the character, but I don't love her either. I love Sanctuary, in fact sci-fi in general, because of the strong female characters. Abby is just kind of...there. There's something about the Will-Abby relationship that feels so adolescent. I absolutely LOVED the last scene between Helen and Henry and wish they hadn't let Will and Abby intrude. I literally watched the episode again and after Helen confirms to Henry that Alfredo's doesn't deliver, he compliments her and they clink glasses, I stop the episode. I would like to erase from my mind that this very lovely moment that feels so maternal gets interrupted by Will and Abby - HALF-DRESSED, NO LESS! - to steal some of the awesome food Magnus procured especially for Henry.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

This was def better then One Night. But it was another weak ep. A clip show *sigh* (I already new that). I'm glad S04 is only 13 eps.

Henry and Erika = Good
          Abby and Will = Bad

Abby was a little softer in this one but still quite annoying.
          Good to see Ernie. Hope PdL comes back.

Didnt like the music in some parts of the ep. It was too loud. Just...blah! Stop with the freaky voices, it wasnt a theme song, it was in the middle of the fraking ep.

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
            Yeah, there's a immaturity to Will these last few episodes like him and Abby at the end of this ep or his rant at Henry in Hangover, that I don't really think fits the character. Maybe it's a reaction to dying again, or it's just the influence of Abby, but it makes me miss the Will of the first 2 seasons and S3.0. Though to be fair I really liked him in Metamorphosis, esp his scenes with Helen and Kate.
            Yes, there's being able to let your hair down and there's immaturity. Also, in the half dressed food raid, there's just a disrespect for Magnus there. How can we take him seriously challenging Magnus when she needs challenging when he acts like a teenager half the time? How can *Magnus* take him seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
              .............. I absolutely LOVED the last scene between Helen and Henry and wish they hadn't let Will and Abby intrude. I literally watched the episode again and after Helen confirms to Henry that Alfredo's doesn't deliver, he compliments her and they clink glasses, I stop the episode. I would like to erase from my mind that this very lovely moment that feels so maternal gets interrupted by Will and Abby - HALF-DRESSED, NO LESS! - to steal some of the awesome food Magnus procured especially for Henry.
              I felt the same way, and forgot to mention in my other post that I really liked how Helen was there for Henry and did something very special for him after things didn't go well with Erica. Shows that although she can be very tough when she needs to be she's also a very caring person.
              sigpic
              Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Well, this episode in on Syfy right now and I'm awake, so...

Question, for someone who has it recorded or something, when they pull in to pick up the lepidoptera, Henry gets Will's attention to say which dock it is. I swear he calls him Gooban. Is that it, or is he saying something else and my processor is just busted?

Also, I LOVE Helen busting the boys' butts over not having the abnomal as first priority. "You do realize that question has ceased to be rhetorical?" Gotta say, Magnus is kinda hot when she's angry... not that I'd risk making her mad just to see...
                Last edited by Feast of the Muse; 13 May 2011, 09:25 PM.
                Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
                Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

I think, with Will...what if after all his near death, he's embraced 'carpe diem', seize the day

to the point that he's getting a bit self centered and 'me, me, me' take what I want and live before I die again?

what if this new immaturity is a response to the heavy stuff he's been through this season?
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yea the last scene with Helen and Henry was touching, you can see how she cares for him. The scene where Will and Abby come in...was just tacky and immature, not funny.
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I think, with Will...what if after all his near death, he's embraced 'carpe diem', seize the day

to the point that he's getting a bit self centered and 'me, me, me' take what I want and live before I die again?

what if this new immaturity is a response to the heavy stuff he's been through this season?
                      You know, I've noticed he's swinging like a pendulum. I hope he finds his balance before someone locks him in the SHU. *whistles innocently*
                      Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
                      Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

to be fair, sg1 had a clip show in its first season (politics)

I do agree that will is getting comfy in his job, too comfy maybe? too at ease? too cocky? it's like he has the knowledge of the abbies but not the respect for them.
                        SG-1 had 22 episodes, and "Politics" introduced Kinsey

Comment

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
                          Well, this episode in on Syfy right now and I'm awake, so...

Question, for someone who has it recorded or something, when they pull in to pick up the lepidoptera, Henry gets Will's attention to say which dock it is. I swear he calls him Gooban. Is that it, or is he saying something else and my processor is just busted?
                          As I understand what my captiion and ears are telling me I believe he actually says hey dude but it mixes together so fast it sounds almost like Gooban so I do understand how you heard that...I had SG1 and Sanctuary moments like that over the years, thank GOD for captioning I gotta say. LOL

Also to your other statement I totally agree, Helen takes care of 'her kids' as it were and she does know what goes on in her house even when they perhaps don't want her to To me it's part of the mystery surrounding the character, a little hint as it was more pointed out on screen in season 1 then came subtley in season 2 and now there are definite moments we see it season 3.

I also agree to what others have said honestly that Will has a little immaturity to him. The scene at the end worked with them walking in only because of how Magnus aka Amanda played it...down but the look on her face said clearly, we will discuss this later. Boy would I love to be a fly on the wall for that conversation.
                          Sanctuary RULES!!!!
                          Melissa

Comment

-I think if they were writing Will to be erratic after the dying to meet kali thing, #1 he would have been deliberately written that way the entire season (he hasn't been) and #2 Helen would have called him out on it far sooner.

- It doesn't matter that SG1 had a clip episode the first season, as Siles pointed out, it introduced an important new character and a key part of the SG story-- that they weren't actually operating in a vacuum. And, as much as I hate to say it, this was a poorly edited clip show. I didn't care for it. I hope we don't get any more of them. I prefer an actual story I can sink my teeth into.

SO looking forward to Monday. Looks like the show I know and love is coming back.
                            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
                              You know, I've noticed he's swinging like a pendulum. I hope he finds his balance before someone locks him in the SHU. *whistles innocently*
                              It this is on purpose by the writers & RD's acting, then I hope they actually address it.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                                -I think if they were writing Will to be erratic after the dying to meet kali thing, #1 he would have been deliberately written that way the entire season (he hasn't been) and #2 Helen would have called him out on it far sooner.

- It doesn't matter that SG1 had a clip episode the first season, as Siles pointed out, it introduced an important new character and a key part of the SG story-- that they weren't actually operating in a vacuum. And, as much as I hate to say it, this was a poorly edited clip show. I didn't care for it. I hope we don't get any more of them. I prefer an actual story I can sink my teeth into.

SO looking forward to Monday. Looks like the show I know and love is coming back.
                                I think this episode did have some story to it though, we saw the progression of Henry and Erika's relationship as well as a progression of Henry's (and Erika's) journey of accepting/dealing with being a HAP. Granted this was mostly character-based stuff and not a significant overall plot or arc point like Kinsey was to SG-1, but it was story nonetheless IMHO.

I do agree with your point about Will, we didn't see this kind of immaturity from him after he died in Kali 3 so that doesn't seem to be a good reason for him to be acting this way now. I think I'll just chalk it up to Abby being a bad influence. Will at least has the excuse of living at the Sanctuary, she's an almost complete stranger and she's fine walking around half-dressed?

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                                It this is on purpose by the writers & RD's acting, then I hope they actually address it.
                                Same here.

I kinda wonder if this episode and maybe One Night were a result of that Father Clark arc from S3.0 getting cut short. I think AM said in an interview that they'd planned it to be a 4 episode arc but the network passed on the last two eps, so they had to wrap it up in Vigilante. Maybe it left them with two slots in S3.5 to fill and the rush to do that resulted in the rather half-baked plots of 'date night gone wrong.'

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X