No announcement yet.

Metamorphosis (314)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i do think, had they wanted to empathize will's lack of comprehension, in addition to him seeing 'yes' and 'no' as gibberish, he could start hearing their voices saying gibberish as well.

or maybe it was that he could hear english...but just couldn't comprehend it anymore
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
      Not *that* fast.
      Complex code busting software?

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
        Complex code busting software?
        And the initial contact by way of a frequency that I HIGHLY doubt they could even transmit on Seafarer's antenna? I'm going to look into that. BBL *waves*
        Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
        Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
          At the end of Pax Romana, Ranna said that she and the Senate were open to the idea of future interaction with the surface, but that it was going to take some time. Perhaps, the Senate approved the initial reply of 'kill subject immediately' as part of that initial cooperation. Then when Henry told them it was Will who was affected, Ranna/Gregory wanted to help while the Senate didn't, so she embedded the hidden clue allowing her to help the Sanctuary team while seeming to follow the Senate's wishes.

To many perhaps. But hey I really liked the ep and that bit doesnt ruin it for me.

Comment

I did not like it that much. It was a decent episode, but I expect more from the show. There was no real suspense to me and I felt like the solution came out of the blue like two minutes before the end (how convenient!), which I found quite disappointing. I mean don't get me wrong, the whole thing was okay, but I just hope what follows is not going to look like One Night (I found it so boring that I didn't even watch the entire episode, 1st time I can't finish an episode of Sanctuary), and Metamorphosis: I need more action, more real tension and more actual interactions between Hollow Earth and the Surface.
            sigpic

Comment

Have to say it kinda sucks that we in Canada are now several days behind so by the time I join the discussion, it all has been said.

I liked this episode a lot. I was worried about the Will-cam. I like that Sanctuary tries different things and while I liked Instinct, I do find it hard to watch because of the shaky cam. This was not as bad as I had feared.

While it was another Will centered episode this time it was Will interacting with the characters we know and love.

Loved the joking at first followed by genuine concern. Loved Henry geeking out about Will's abilities and aliens. Loved that, even at the end, Will could have some fun with it (wanting to keep some of his powers).

Found it interesting that Kate was so present in caring for Will. Are they laying some groundwork for ship? Just trying to include Kate in the family? Show her softer side? Is it because she is the girl? Would just be interested to know what they had in mind.

Liked seeing more of the relationship between Helen and Biggie. His encouragement and confrontation when needed.

Loved the final scene between Helen and Will. Fabulous emotion showed by AT.

I'm with the majority in being somewhat apprehensive about next week's episode being a repeat of One Night. Here's hoping Abby comes across much better.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Anyway, I enjoyed the Blue Jays mention. It was negative but since they were on the losing end of a no-hitter today, I suppose they deserve it.

*Sigh*

Enjoyed the episode though. The first-person POV worked for this story line.
                Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

I watch the episode last night and I have much love, see the episode from the point of view of Will was great. Then see his descent into hell in his eyes was unbelievable and very sad to see him gradually turn into something horrible ... It was sad.

Basically I dont like Kate but here it was great she took care of Will. The scene where she gives to eat to Will was very beautiful, I really love their chemistry.

Then the scene I love most is the one where Henry and Kate are in the office is talking about the fact that Kate has never lost anyone. Henry's face in that scene was just bursting heart I'm sure he was talking about Ashley. Btw I Miss Her =(

Then the eyes of AT are just beautiful

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                    First off, I loved the POV stuff, reminded me of one of my favorite episodes of MASH.
                    I would *totally* green you for this if I could; but, alas, being a probie, I cannot. So instead, *high five* I know exactly the episode you're talking about! And YES it was definitely one of the best episodes of M*A*S*H ever.
                    "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
                    ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor_S View Post
                      I would *totally* green you for this if I could; but, alas, being a probie, I cannot. So instead, *high five* I know exactly the episode you're talking about! And YES it was definitely one of the best episodes of M*A*S*H ever.
                      Ditto.

Comment

the POV camera reminded me more of peep show, a british sitcom, although they dont go whole episodes with POV shots just occasional scenes

Comment

I found this episode very original and innovative because it was from the point of view of the character enduring the situation. It reminded me of Kafka's Metamorphosis that I studied in High school and which gave me nightmares.
                          I found very moving the progressive descent to hell for Will and the other being helpless whitnesses. at the beginning nobody is really worried and they are all pretty sure that Magnus is going to find a cure immediately, and then the progressive decline of Will's health . I was touched, because for me it was a metaphore of a sickness like a cancer where the beloved one is little by little detriorating and his or her body changing .
                          That was really well done in the episode , I liked the shaky camera , it gave such reality , and we could feel what the character was enduring , his labor breathe and worries untill the scene of the nightmare where we suppose Will knows that is going to dy and then the scene of the panic where all the characters showed so worried faces . I loved the team interaction . Really a great episode with a huge work from the actors .

Comment

1. POV cam was very wierd...did Robin have limited availability for this ep?

2. Didn't think things would go 'quite' as far as it did.

3. Can't blame Will for wanting to keep some of the tricks.

4. Liked Biggie's behind the scenes look.

Decent enough ep.
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                              1. POV cam was very wierd...did Robin have limited availability for this ep?
                              No. Robin actually filmed this ep with the camera stuck on top of his head.
                              -

Comment

about the only thing using the POV cam might have done would be save a few bucks in the makeup budget
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X