Pax Romana (311)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sanctuary girl View Post

One question from my part: Kate's hair ??
    I was wondering what when wrong there too, actually I was wondering why the team looked pretty good for just being killed, and Kate looked like she had just been dead: or coming off a bad case of the flu.
    sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
      Totally agree with you. She looked worse in prior episodes so with the progression of time, she *should* have at least looked in the same condition, not better.

Also, and I don't mean to nitpick, but when Helen and Ranna landed on Kanan to help heal him, shouldnt the heat from the lava been intense? They were just feet above it and they didnt even look like they broke a sweat.
      maybe the mushrooms helen ate helped her 'enough', b/f the actual cure?

yeah, i was thinking that too. wait, didn't henry's little shieldy thinger protect them?
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by badwolfSG View Post
        I was wondering what when wrong there too, actually I was wondering why the team looked pretty good for just being killed, and Kate looked like she had just been dead: or coming off a bad case of the flu.
        Haha! I'm glad I'm not the only one who looked twice. Her hair looked like someone tweezed it or something. Like she stuck her finger in a light socket. Poor Kate.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        maybe the mushrooms helen ate helped her 'enough', b/f the actual cure?

yeah, i was thinking that too. wait, didn't henry's little shieldy thinger protect them?
        I thought the shield was meant for the little capsules they rode in? I'll have to go back and check that scene again where they meet up with Helen's father in the tunnels. That's where their plans changed. Might have missed something.

But, question. If there was a shield up and around Kanan (and a darn good one it was then to protect from that intense heat), wouldn't it protect Ranna when she nearly slipped and fell into the lava? Would she have gone through the shield or perhaps just bounced off it? Like one of those giant blow-up castles. Run into it and you bounce right off the side walls.

Comment

But, question. If there was a shield up and around Kanan (and a darn good one it was then to protect from that intense heat), wouldn't it protect Ranna when she nearly slipped and fell into the lava? Would she have gone through the shield or perhaps just bounced off it? Like one of those giant blow-up castles. Run into it and you bounce right off the side walls.
          i thought the shield was just around helen and ranna?
          sally

sigpic

Comment

<snip>
            I thought the shield was meant for the little capsules they rode in? I'll have to go back and check that scene again where they meet up with Helen's father in the tunnels. That's where their plans changed. Might have missed something. <snip>
            But their plans only changed in what they were going to use to treat Kanan. They were first going to be climbing on him, and inject him with something, then it became that they needed to get the parasite out. So their means of protection wouldn't have changed from the original plan.

And I figured that they each had a personal shield on them, kind of like what Tesla made for Helen to get into the city without being killed - or what he used back in the Sanctuary when he & Helen needed to be shielded so their source blood couldn't be detected by the map.
            sigpic

Comment

i didn't think kanaan needed a shield, swimming in lava was his natural state

of course to do that he'd need tough, insulated hide...that helen cut easily through....and how would the parasite get in side such tough and thick skin?
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Was it me, or was this episode a bit anti-climatic? Or maybe that was the point. I was so hyped up to see this after such a long break and was left feeling a bit unsatisfied. That's it? No more?

I kind of felt that way too. There were so many episodes that led into them going to Hollow Earth and then it just seemed to get resolved a little too easily I thought. But I realize it's only 45 minutes to resolve it all so if they wanted to keep it to one episode it was handled pretty well.

Wondered why with their advanced technology and knowledge that the Hollow Earthlings wouldn't have considered the possibility that Kanaan had the parasite in him. They apparently knew the critters were around.

Fun to watch Henry with the gadgets.

As someone else mentioned: Adam's expression when he sees John ("you and I have unfinished business") = priceless.

Missed Tesla. All that work on the holographic pinata and shield and he gets left behind and has no part in the resolution.
                sigpic
                Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

I thought the exact same thing, that a creature that lies on top of and in lava would have some pretty hefty skin which I wouldn't think would yield to a little laser.

I did enjoy the episode but like others thought that the loss of the Adam/Worth shifting personality took away from it a bit.
                  sigpic

Comment

What I find weird with the episode is the scene when Ranna, Helen and Kate are making their way towards Kanan. More specificaly, the few seconds before they meet Gregory, when they come across the bug.

You see the bug crawling, and then Helen goes "wait! -scans for bug- THERE!" and then someone fires.

They showed us the bug already, why couldn't Helen see it?

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode, my only gripe is a few things seemed a bit too easy.
                      -We rived you
                      -Take this hypospray
                      -You deserve death, oh not anymore, let us allow you and your friends unrestricted access
                      -We have no defense against Adam and his cloaky friends
                      -Dad???
                      -OK, we'll call you and become best friends later on

They just went from being executed to trusting best friends in about 30 minutes, but I got past that pretty quick and really enjoyed the episode! Loved all the technology and the harmony of a society of humans and abnormals.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Julian View Post
                        What I find weird with the episode is the scene when Ranna, Helen and Kate are making their way towards Kanan. More specificaly, the few seconds before they meet Gregory, when they come across the bug.

You see the bug crawling, and then Helen goes "wait! -scans for bug- THERE!" and then someone fires.

They showed us the bug already, why couldn't Helen see it?
                        I was under the distinct impression that Helen could see it, but wanted a judgment on it. Ranna recognized it as a threat, said "weapons" or whatever. They lost it in a shadow, then Helen (in the lead) spotted it again and said so, and then Ranna fired on it.

That actually explains why Helen made the diagnosis so quickly even though Ranna and Gregory had been working on the problem for a while. Sometimes it takes an outside perspective to make a breakthrough - even the brainiacs can get stuck in their thought patterns. Ranna not seeing the spots on Kanaan's flank is an example. She no doubt looked at the image many times trying to figure out the problem. The little beasts being predatory was more or less new information to Helen, and she could easily jump to a conclusion that the Praxis citizens were looking right over.
                        Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
                        Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

one thing that was hampering Ranna....did you catch her list of 'remedies'? she sent probes, nanites, etc. not once did she say 'i examined him'....if henry could cobble together a shield, the praxians could have.

another example of 'if the tech says it's right, it's right'...whether it is or not

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            one thing that was hampering Ranna....did you catch her list of 'remedies'? she sent probes, nanites, etc. not once did she say 'i examined him'....if henry could cobble together a shield, the praxians could have.

another example of 'if the tech says it's right, it's right'...whether it is or not
                            I got the impression that the Praxians weren't into exploring very much. Why leave the high-rises when you have all those cool toys? Those people looked like they could use a good hike to get the stick out of their butts. And you realize, of course, that means that none of the Praxians had ever gone skydiving. I'm thinking they are a little repressed of their own doing.
                            Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
                            Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
                              I thought the exact same thing, that a creature that lies on top of and in lava would have some pretty hefty skin which I wouldn't think would yield to a little laser.
                              Good point. Though maybe it was already sensing they were trying to help him as helen mentioned noticing later.

Comment

Few things I noticed on the rewatch:

you see the little shield envelop helen and ranna, which explains them not bursting into flames with the heat...but there is the plothole of them being able to rouch Kanaan and use the laser to cut into him through said shield

i'd thought that adam got the kellorm device so he could potentially time travel, but he doesn't get it, druitt stops him.

there's definitely more to praxis than meets the eye with adam's comments about outland tribes, etc.

i'm wondering if the 'protect the world from the hyperspecies' line can also be translated into 'we're running a prison'....course helen is too in a way, but i do wonder if the whole 'surface is evil' means that those that want to leave aren't allowed to.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X