The Hollow Men (310)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    i think...doesn't the lode stone mess that up?
    Yup, the magnetic field will zing his molecules all over the place apparently.
    -

Comment

so if helen would just retrofit the sanctuary with lodestone, she wouldn't need the EM shield
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

so if helen would just retrofit the sanctuary with lodestone, she wouldn't need the EM shield
        She could do but then Henry wouldn't be a happy chappy because it would interfere with his tech. EM shield is more controllable. Gotta keep the geek happy
        -

Comment

i think...doesn't the lode stone mess that up?
          I guess it would help if I paid closer attention, wouldn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
            She could do but then Henry wouldn't be a happy chappy because it would interfere with his tech. EM shield is more controllable. Gotta keep the geek happy
            not to mention that you can't turn it off with the flip of a switch

that said...if they ever need to imprison john, a lode stone cell would certainly be a good backup to a potential power outage

sigpic

Comment

you know what might be interesting? What if it turned out that helen and that woman who has appeared killed of the team at the end of the episode were related? I mean gregory has most assuredly been to the city before seing as how he provided the hologram of the city and all.

Comment

Totally awesome episode!!

I have to agree with almost all what has been say.

love Kate and Henry together.

Tesla was fantastic and John was so sweet trying to take care of Helen and then how his killer instincts came to the surface by Adam's words.

Helen was as always... AWESOME!

totally hate the end and more the time we have to wait for the new episodes.

Just my thoughts but; the family of farmers look like they where hiding something, every time they were asked something they would look at each other before answering; do any of you had the impression they could communicate thought their minds?

Totally SG-1 moment when Helen tasted the mushrooms food and make the face she did.

LOVE IT!!!
                sigpic

Dare and Dream

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  I kept getting flashbacks to SG1, Beneath the Surface, in various places of this episode.

And while Tesla may be angry at being left behind, it's a good thing actually given Adam's betrayal - like anybody thought that wouldn't happen. I couldn't help but tsk, tsk over John actually going along with Adam's plan.

<snip>
                  Me too. Especially when showing the head lady for the first time standing in front of the big windows looking out at the city.

Also had a flashback to Sam opening the Dakara tomb in the Season 8 finale. Turning the circles on the sliding door with symbols. Makes me want to watch all of SG-1 again

Edit: Several otherse mentioned flashbacks to other SG-1 epidosdes. Quite the crossover show. Loved them all.
                  Last edited by hisg1fans; 20 December 2010, 03:55 AM.

Comment

the mushroom scene reminded me of 'i like the yellow ones'

cept she spit it out in front of thor

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      if, what helen is putting together is true, and that abnormals originated from hollow earth... that would mean helen's idea that ppl might 'evolve' into something more/abnormal... that would be wrong.

not sure which idea i like more
                      So does that mean people evolved from abnormals???

Comment

Originally posted by charles582 View Post
                        you know what might be interesting? What if it turned out that helen and that woman who has appeared killed of the team at the end of the episode were related? I mean gregory has most assuredly been to the city before seing as how he provided the hologram of the city and all.
                        Maybe she is Helen's mother. We've never seen or heard much about her. Maybe Gregory found a way into Hollow Earth, discovered the source of the abnormals, mated, escaped to the surface with Helen, and started the Sanctuary for those abnormals who couldn't go back. Just speculation.

Please don't let this be the case. A little too much "As the Hollow Earth Turns" for my taste.
                        Last edited by hisg1fans; 20 December 2010, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Gosh the show went fast!

Tesla is just so awesome. SofB! Never heard it said quite like that

I'm really starting to hate Kate again. Enough with the "Hank" stuff. I was warming to "neutral" with her, but she just grates on my nerves again.

So is John feeling better if Helen is feeling better? Before he was attacked anyway.

The head chick seemed awful stiff.

Will is a weeny.

Never heard of a basilisk before?

I kind of liked the electrocution scene. They actually looked like they were hanging. Maybe it is like a zat gun. One shot - unconscious. Two shots - dead. Three shots - get sent back to the surface.

All of the Hollow Earth factions seemed to be hiding something.

As for the makeup, I noticed more weird colorings last season than this one. I really haven't noticed anything (except for John in this show) this year.

The music was a little too loud a couple of times in this show, it took me out of the scene and I couldn't hear the actors. Thought it rather odd since the soundtrack is usually pretty well adjusted to the action.

Liked it overall. Can I just add that Tesla is just totatlly awesome. Helen too.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            I'Can I also say what a great trio CH, JT and IT make? Fabulous bad boys club seeing them all together! Hope we get more of that sometime, somewhere.
                            100% agree!

Comment

The main guard was extremely cute and a very nice guy. His dressing room was next to mine so we had the chance to chat a bit. They told us a bit about the guards outfits. Obviously the black t-shirts were an easy costume buy. The pants they found in a store so they are off the rack. The armour the costume department retooled. I believe the original version was skateboarding protection.

Good reuse of the cave set. I have mentioned this before, the ground is not dirt but rubber pellets. Must have been nice for the stunt guys to have something soft to fall on! Good fight sequence with John and Adam's evil minions.

When they were filming the scene we saw, it was very hot in the studio. It was the beginning of August. They had a large tube to pump cold air in between takes, had a number of fans going and the cast had mini fans but everything had to be turned off for filming due to the noise so it never cooled things off much. Felt sorry for the cast, especially AT who was in leather boots, a mock turtleneck and leather jacket. Funny to watch the cast slipping in and out of their handcuffs between takes. They also had lots of fun whenever someone flubbed a line or didn't give the right look when MW was trying to get coverage.

John again seemed mostly under control this ep but it was nice to see him lose it with Adam. Tesla knew exactly how to get him under control by mentioning Helen.

I'm with everyone else who is sorry we have to wait until April to see the conclusion. I'm expecting a fabulous next episode!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I'm rewatching now and am hearing so many lines I missed the first time. Great delivery and writing!

When Adam says he knew he would work well with the five and Tesla says better late than never, did you catch the looks Tesla and Druitt passed each other! SUCH attention to detail!
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.
                                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X