No announcement yet.

The Hollow Men (310)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's pretty obvious that they're going to be brought back to life in the next episode (well, duh). But the question is, by who?

I reckon it will be the same people who executed them. They could bring Adam back to life, and it's quite a catch to the punishment: "To be executed ... but you'll be brought back to life".

Great episode anyway. But the city seems way too hightec. And I also wonder how long this city will be the focus of the series; it's strange for Sanctuary to have such a long arch! But nice. I just wonder if it's going to change the show for the next 10 episodes and the (possible) fourth season.

Comment

I think it may have all have been an illusion. I think that them dying was a hologram and I think druitt's capture was a hologram as well

Comment

I began noticing this sometime back with Declan in a few episodes, and have recently started noticing it with the other guys as well.

Either the make-up people have been getting very heavy handed with the red lip gloss ... or the guys have been getting into Helen's make-up cabinet when she's not around to catch them.

It seemed that Declan had very red lips in several episodes back, and in the last couple of episodes I've been noticing that Druitt, Tesla, and (last night) even Adam had overly red lips. And then I noticed that Will's also were redder than is normal. Henry seems to be the only one with normal colored lips (or, at least, I haven't noticed them being redder than normal).

Yes, this is a very strange observation, and I thought I might just be imagining it, but as I'm watching the episode again, it's there.

And not to keep harping about the music, but I was finding it sort of annoying during this episode. There was just too much of it, and even though I'm assuming it was meant to heighten the idea of danger and tension, I just found it took away from the episode. There could have been a lot less of it, and still had the danger and tension evident.

Unless, of course, they're going for the musical suggestion of danger/excitement/etc. usually found in suspense movies or adventure movies (like Indiana Jones or The Mummy, or others like those).

And, more ...

The military guy who came to report to Polly the detection of intruders said: "Three surface dwellers were detected ... and one that was cloaked." I'm wondering what he meant by this. The three surface dwellers being Will, Henry and Kate, and the one that was cloaked was maybe Helen? But why would Helen be "cloaked". Or was it Tesla's gadget protecting Helen that was detected and therefore she was "cloaked"?

And I finally figured out where I've seen that guy before. He was one of the survivors from the Alpha Site in "Death Knell".

(* It's sort of fun trying to figure out where I've seen many of these actors before - whether from SG1, SGA or somewhere else.*)
        Last edited by hedwig; 18 December 2010, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
          April? That's a bit longer than I expected.

I didn't get The Incredibles reference, what happened? Btw, did anyone else notice the Sanctuary logo on the laptop when Adam was talking to John and Tesla in the "hollow room"?
          have you seen the movie The Incredibles.. The whole underground city, the mode of transport the way they "died" was a non cartoon version of the incredibles lol

Spoiler:

only photo i could find as i'm late for work .. but you can see the similarities.. if you watch the movie you'll pick it up like that *clicks fingers*

as for my 2 cents.. and you guys are gonna hate me for it

i didn't really enjoy this episode that much.. i loved the basalisk scene "what about with one eye?!" but i found myself rather bored, proberly because its builing into the next part of the season. the episode was good, but i didn't think it was a fanstaic cliffhanger as we all know theres 10 episodes left and soemone has to live lol.

*dodges rotten tomatos and runs*
          sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

woah, quite the way to end the mid season!

i know they'll be alright, but still, electrocute them! --> get 'em, sam!

on the con side, i felt this ep could have been shortened with less build up. maybe edit down the amount of henry and kate walking around in circles.

that's all the con.

random:

while will's cowering from the dragon, i loved his 'good kitty'.

and kate's 'were we hit by a hangover weapon?', or whatever exactly she said.

great special effects! this season has definitely upped their end results.

i'm wondering if ALL the ppl that inhabit the underground world are abnormals?

polly's character knew who helen was, so i'm wondering if she's really not the blood hungry biotch she appears to be and just might be working with dad magnus?

i didn't like the execution scene that much. not so much for it's violence, but... i found it a bit cheesy

i wonder if the electrocution would have cured helen?

why the earth quakes?

where's dad magnus?

will's cute when he's scared.

henry and kate make a cute couple.

tesla has a VERY good reason for being mad at john! i'd kick him the next time i saw him.

i really didn't see adam's betrayal coming. i'm naive'.

adam is kind of sexy.

helen being fascinated by everything was geekycute.

that thing she did, of hanging on to the underside of the bridge... uh, i don't think so.

interesting that helen started feeling better, just being in the underground world...

i hope helen brings back a cure for tesla, so he can return to being a vampire. and i hope she gives it to him in front of john mostly, so tesla can gloat and then become a vamp again. (((tesla)))

i like she wanted to go with her new team (will, kate, henry), over her old team, just b/c she's mentoring them.

when helen and will reunite with kate and henry, i like that helen asks kate about any ways out. she trusts and, i believe, respects kate's skills, even if they were honed by being involved in bad stuff.

i'm not sure i agree with helen and will going on without henry and kate... they really weren't sure the two weren't lying there in serious condition.

those things that ganged up on john were creepy! but they seemed to know adam.

k, that's all for now. i'll go read others views.

oh, one more thing, HURRY UP AND PLAY THE SECOND HALF OF THE SEASON.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
              Sadly, I just didn't get the satisfaction out of this episode I was hoping for. Oh well, here's hoping the next half of the season makes up for it.
              Sorry. I know most if you probably just love it but I don't. It's fine, don't get me wrong but it just didn't give me the goosebumps I've come to expect from Sanctuary. Sorry.
              i didn't 'love' this episode either, and i think it's b/c it just spent too much time building things up.

oh, and killing our heroes, and making us wait *months* to see them come out of this!
              sally

sigpic

Comment

i think the gateway they passed through was a life type scanner...were they human or abnormal or vampires? it knew htat henry was an abby and knew to lock his dna. so it knew what was walking in the door, just not who
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  interesting that helen started feeling better, just being in the underground world...
                  She started feeling better after she ate the mushrooms the farmers gave her and Will. Some mushrooms have great healing properties, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was the mushroom that made her feel better.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post

2. I'd be wiling to bet money that
                    Spoiler:
                    the fungus is the cure for Helen's radiation poisoning.
                    maybe it is, b/c i thought the farmers wife looked kind of plague-likey (or cured from the plague).
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

meredithchandler73 said: --Helen speculates that this may be the source of all abnormal life. An interesting thought.

what would make helen come to that conclusion, i'm wondering?

skydiver said: the creepies - seem to be led by Adam...but we don't know enough to know if they are loyal, or some sort of abnormal he's tricked into following him.

i wonder if adam 'created' them, like when he did some questionable stuff in his oxford days (manipulating some animals dna and they ended up with two heads or something)?
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                        have you seen the movie The Incredibles.. The whole underground city, the mode of transport the way they "died" was a non cartoon version of the incredibles lol

only photo i could find as i'm late for work .. but you can see the similarities.. if you watch the movie you'll pick it up like that *clicks fingers*
                        That's hilarious. I saw The Incredibles. Once. I don't remember much about it other than it was cute.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        maybe it is, b/c i thought the farmers wife looked kind of plague-likey (or cured from the plague).
                        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

she did look, well deformed is too strong of a word, but marked on her face.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Still soaking in this great episode, I wish we'd learned a little more of the reasoning behind the death sentance and motives of the city dwellers.
                            sigpic

Comment

I know I have been harsh on Sanctuary this season. But that is only because I have seen potential this season. Potential that was non-existent in S2. The point is I'm trying to make that potential was utilized to the fullest point in this episode. It was action packed and exciting. Sure it was cliche that the city's leader would want to kill Helen and company but still it was exciting to watch the intrigue of them exploring the city, Although if they hate surface dwellers why leave clue to unlock the city?

Even better was the Druitt to the rescue. Sure it was obvious Adam was going to betray them but I'm still curious why and what will develop in April
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                                2. I'd be wiling to bet money that
                                Spoiler:
                                the fungus is the cure for Helen's radiation poisoning.
                                Hey, as long as she's cured, that's the good thing.

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post

Spoiler:

Oh, now I get it. Thanks. Oh, one more thing.
                                Spoiler:
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X