For King & Country (308)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    what do you mean if????? How can you possibly doubt there will be an s4?????

I'm going to state for the record, right here, and right now ... There will definitely be a season 4!!! And since i really don't like being made a fool of, then, of course, there will be a season 4!

:d
    okay!!
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      i think john had the scar on his face, from when helen shot/grazed him.
      Yep, he had. So, every scene where he has a scar on his cheek is post-Helen shot him.

just reading that... just think of all the great flashback we could see, if this series continues on (s4 and beyond)!
      You honnestly think I haven't already thought about that? I'd love to see a flashback of The Five when they find out who is the Ripper.

And I agree with hedwig. No ifs. WHEN.
      sigpic
      Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
      My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
      Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

the PM's conversation was after helen shot john. Helen shot him in 1888? isn't htat the last ripper murder? this was 10ish years later.

now, when adam bursts in to get them to help immogene, it's 10 years after oxford. so let's say that oxford was 1885ish, john went nuts and murdered in 1888, right around 1900 adam went bugnuts, and the PM called the Five in to cure hte problem.

I think, as far as the PM and the sanctuary was concerned....their 'deal with the devil' got them virtually unrestricted permission to continue their work. No more lurking in the shadows, no more slipping in and out, more of how we see things now, with the police actually calling the sanctuary in when they run across odd things.

they kinda went from being alqueda (as in secret group) to the NSA....still secret, but operating with plausibly denied permission
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

What do you mean If????? How can you possibly doubt there will be an S4?????

I'm going to state for the record, right here, and right now ... there will definitely be a Season 4!!! And since I really don't like being made a fool of, then, of course, there will be a Season 4!

I too am very optimistic. don't want to say a certainty cause i don't wanna jinx it, but i'll be very surprised if there isn't one
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

nope the cutting edge was a lobotomy and posibly electro shock.
            ----------------------------
            You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
              Well said to you both, one example I can think of is in Folding Man, when he believed the guy that he was the good guy, and that he needed gold to live or something. Anyway, he believed him, and he ended up being captured and almost lead the team into a trap. I still like Will, but sometimes he needs all the facts.

Damn, you always come up with good ideas.

Yeah, but he went back to Adam and got mad with him for leading him on about what happened. And yeah, I always automatically stick up for Helen.

Well, at some point, I think it was Watson who said something about Adam starting a fire or something, so maybe around that time they thought he was a bit off. Also, maybe he had some weird ideas even they thought was odd.

Amanda is the queen Enough said.

Good list. I believe they're all on Helen's side, and considering what they know about Adam, they don't trust him, but if they're going to save Helen's life, they may need Adam's help.

I want to see Helen in the 1960 and 1970's.
              mm yes a swinging sixties flash back would be great - some of Helens outfits are a bit Emma Peel and Ashly's black leather defiantly was
              ----------------------------
              You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

Originally posted by mjwalshe View Post
                mm yes a swinging sixties flash back would be great - some of Helens outfits are a bit Emma Peel and Ashly's black leather defiantly was
                hippie helen, hanging with the beatles!
                sally

sigpic

Comment

if adam's split personality came out, as will said, b/d of his daughter dying, then what did helen (and prob the others) feel was off about adam?

for some reason, i feel adam was already mr splitty, but the stresses of everything going on then finally put him over the edge. but i could be wrong, but that only happens when i'm not right.
                  There's a review in the "review" thread about "King & Country", and the reviewer has a line that says about Adam:

He’s the crazy engineer that even the mad scientists won’t talk to. Seriously, if people who willingly experiment on themselves with vampire blood won’t hang out with you, how crazy are you? I love Ian Tracey and he did a better job slipping into Jekyll mode this week.
                  Not that the reviewer knows when Adam split into two, but that quote suggests to me that it was quite sometime before the death of his daughter.

Or maybe the death of his daughter was simply the last "straw" in a long line of straws leading up to the split personality.

btw, the rest of that review is great.

Comment

And how she had the knowledge and ability to remove the embryo at that time. As well as the ability to freeze it.
                    I so wondered this myself. Her reaction to when John walked into the room. She had to catch her footing (although there was a bad edit, because you see her hand behind her, amost grasping the table, but then you see her hands folded in front of her) but her reaction, definitely allows the viewer, well me to think, that pregnancy was already a factor, now when she froze it is another story, or should i say episode? God i loved this episode...it was amazing.

http://sanctuary-caps.com/index.php
                    Check out my fanfichttp://www.fanfiction.net/u/1763762/staceydj

Comment

Originally posted by staceyde View Post
                      I so wondered this myself. Her reaction to when John walked into the room. She had to catch her footing (although there was a bad edit, because you see her hand behind her, amost grasping the table, but then you see her hands folded in front of her) but her reaction, definitely allows the viewer, well me to think, that pregnancy was already a factor, now when she froze it is another story, or should i say episode? God i loved this episode...it was amazing.
                      I assume the pregnancy occurred before she found out that John was Jack the Ripper; I totally can't see her being intimate with him after she found out. So the scene in her library with the PM had to be some years later, since she knew when John entered the room about his activities (plus, the PM confirmed it when he was talking to them). I do hope at some point they will explain (at least a little bit) how she managed to do this in the late 1800's.

Comment

http://sanctuaryforall.com/index.php
                        Sanctuary's story takes place in a world that is different from our own, yet feels familiar.
                        She had tech that wasn't available then in our world, just like she has tech that is not available now in our world.
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

What do you mean If????? How can you possibly doubt there will be an S4?????

I'm going to state for the record, right here, and right now ... there will definitely be a Season 4!!! And since I really don't like being made a fool of, then, of course, there will be a Season 4!

okay!!
                          Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                          You honnestly think I haven't already thought about that? I'd love to see a flashback of The Five when they find out who is the Ripper.

And I agree with hedwig. No ifs. WHEN.
                          @ Sally for doubting a renewal.

@ Hedwig and LG for the good posts.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          I too am very optimistic. don't want to say a certainty cause i don't wanna jinx it, but i'll be very surprised if there isn't one
                          Well said, Sky. I was just reading the comments from- http://bit.ly/dX3crN and quite a few of them are hoping for a renewal.

hippie helen, hanging with the beatles!
                          I would like to see Helen in the 60's as a hippie.

Comment

i will say my review in key words

oh my god, amazing, Christopher Heyerdahl and shipper luff! <3

sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

1. Missed the first minute or so of this. First thing I saw was Tesla saying "two people...you're about to meet Jekyll and Hyde".

2. I can cut Will some slack on his atitude with Helen, let's face it, he probably has previous experience of supporting DIDs and I can see friends that have more regular dealings with DIDs than I do acting in similar fashion. Does DID excuse what Adam did though? Not sure.

3. Reckon the PM must have been Lloyd George - looked vaguely like pictures of him I remember from GCSE History.

4. Good to see John back.

5. So, Will runs the Sancturary now - this'll be interesting.
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post

I certainly think that was implied. As I said, the king was willing to give the Sanctuary support as a reward for taking care of Adam - more precisely Adam's alter ego - but there is an implication that it could easily go the other way if she said no.
                                She looked pretty intrigued by the idea of major financial support, so Helen's not totally pure. Though she also seemed to find the whole thing distasteful. But really, as you say, I think the PM/King had the Five over a barrel.

Comment

Working...
                                X