Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
    but still disrespectful though
    Depends how you do it. Some bosses tend to acknowledge their faults. Helen isn't the kind of person to fire someone because Henry and Will acknowledge her shortcomings
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      Jus to show you how NOT up I am on werewolf lore, when I first heard them say Lycan, for a split second I was thinking Lichen. Hey they're both in the forest....
      LOL Great minds think alike. I thought this too

Comment

Originally posted by sanctuary girl View Post
        Dobby is a houseelf in the Harry Potter books.
        Helen answers his question (What am I, your houseelf?) with "Thank you, Dobby." So at least Helen read the books.
        Thanks !!

Comment

Question of the day - What do you think the title "Animus" refers to in the episode? I can come up with 4 possible references and was wondering what other people thought.

Definition of ANIMUS
          1: basic attitude or governing spirit : disposition, intention
          2: a usually prejudiced and often spiteful or malevolent ill will
          3: an inner masculine part of the female personality in the analytic psychology of C. G. Jung

Comment

After reading the posts, I guess I was wrong thinking the Magnus/Tesla story was the "A" story Oh well.

I didn't like the werewolf story so much. I too thought it very odd for Henry and Will to go off by themselves. And they seemed more like frat boys on spring break than they've been in the show before. Hated the CGI werewolves, thought they looked horrible, except for the very first one in the opening scene, he was OK. Did like that Henry found some others like him though. Everything about Will was just odd - being Irish?, walking in the woods in the dark?, admitting Henry to the asylum??????

And do you think Helen knew about the asylum and was watching it when she found/stole Henry away? I wonder if the "Aunt" is his mother and he and his new girlfriend are cousins???? Perish the thought!

Didn't understand why the lady was keeping them locked up, thought she may have been cabal too like somebody else said. There seemed to be something more sinister going on than just trying to "keep them safe".

Liked there was no Kate. Didn't really miss Bigfoot either, the grunting gets on my nerves. Like Tesla, I think he can get to be too much if over used.

Loved the Helen and Nickola scenes. I'm wondering if the "inner world" beings could be other vampires who were enemies of the original source blood vampire. It would be a chance to get Tesla back to vamping if they were vampires. Mind you, I haven't seen any spoilers, so please don't call me a stupid idiot for being wrong and tell me what happens in Breach

I was having some serious Stargate flashbacks with the "ancient Sumerian pictographs", symbols flying in the air, and what looked like gate symbols in a circle once. The city reminded me of some of the industrial worlds shown on various Stargate episodes.

We got to see Helen in her nightclothes !!!!! At AT4, AT answered a question something like "Does Helen wear flannel nightgowns to bed?" with something like "No, no flannel. That's not her. It would be something like a long, black Le Perla (sp?) neglige." .....So, was what she wearing a "long, black Le Perla neglige"?

And Tesla just happened to end up in her bedroom? LOL Too funny. And yes, I believe Helen ALWAYS sleeps with a gun Wouldn't you with everything that she's been through?

All in my humble opinion.

Comment

After reading the posts, I guess I was wrong thinking the Magnus/Tesla story was the "A" story Oh well.

I didn't like the werewolf story so much. I too thought it very odd for Henry and Will to go off by themselves. And they seemed more like frat boys on spring break than they've been in the show before. Hated the CGI werewolves, thought they looked horrible, except for the very first one in the opening scene, he was OK. Did like that Henry found some others like him though. Everything about Will was just odd - being Irish?, walking in the woods in the dark?, admitting Henry to the asylum??????

And do you think Helen knew about the asylum and was watching it when she found/stole Henry away? I wonder if the "Aunt" is his mother and he and his new girlfriend are cousins???? Perish the thought!

Didn't understand why the lady was keeping them locked up, thought she may have been cabal too like somebody else said. There seemed to be something more sinister going on than just trying to "keep them safe".

Liked there was no Kate. Didn't really miss Bigfoot either, the grunting gets on my nerves. Like Tesla, I think he can get to be too much if over used.

Loved the Helen and Nickola scenes. I'm wondering if the "inner world" beings could be other vampires who were enemies of the original source blood vampire. It would be a chance to get Tesla back to vamping if they were vampires. Mind you, I haven't seen any spoilers, so please don't call me a stupid idiot for being wrong and tell me what happens in Breach

I was having some serious Stargate flashbacks with the "ancient Sumerian pictographs", symbols flying in the air, and what looked like gate symbols in a circle once. The city reminded me of some of the industrial worlds shown on various Stargate episodes.

We got to see Helen in her nightclothes !!!!! At AT4, AT answered a question something like "Does Helen wear flannel nightgowns to bed?" with something like "No, no flannel. That's not her. It would be something like a long, black Le Perla (sp?) neglige." .....So, was what she wearing a "long, black Le Perla neglige"?

And Tesla just happened to end up in her bedroom? LOL Too funny. And yes, I believe Helen ALWAYS sleeps with a gun Wouldn't you with everything that she's been through?

All in my humble opinion.
              I think she kept them locked up because like she said they had been hunted almost to extintion (sp). So she was trying to protect them but using the wrong methods (sp).

As for the tittle I thought Animus was latin for animal? Thats what it sounds like to me. Animal or something along those lines.

Comment

Looked like some kind of silky pjs to me.
                I did have the thought that her room was a bit of a fire hazard with the fireplace and all those candles going. And that it wasn't light enough to read by. Maybe she's comforted by the old fashioned feel.

Comment

Originally posted by samcartersg1 View Post
                  I haven't had a change to read throught all the posts here yet but am I the only one that through the werewolf Henry from season 1 looked a way cooler than the one from this episode?

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/x...g1/henry-1.jpg
                  Heh. I wasn't aware the differences were so drastic in appearance. Comparing them now, the S2 werewolf is way cooler than the 'mangy dog' look of S3. Definitely wasn't impressed.

Someone brought up also how they thought if odd that Will and Henry would go off on and adventure on their own. Wasn't Kate and Biggie off on assignment/adventure together themselves? Not sure if it was the same on the same level, but my point is that they do go off alone without Magnus when need be.

Comment

I did have the thought that her room was a bit of a fire hazard with the fireplace and all those candles going. And that it wasn't light enough to read by. Maybe she's comforted by the old fashioned feel.
                    I thought the same.
                    I understand that she had the candles because there was no light, but they were all hugging the wall lol

Comment

I'm curious to know why she seems to wear only Black, brown, gray, and sometimes white clothing. Even her silk pjs were black and white.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        I'm curious to know why she seems to wear only Black, brown, gray, and sometimes white clothing. Even her silk pjs were black and white.
                        She probably spent a chunk of her extended life living in NYC.
                        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

i remember when i first saw the caps of helen in her room, and i thought she was reading by candlelight b/c she liked doing it the old fashioned way. but i think it was b/c the lights were out b/c of tesla's breaking her house oopsies
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            i remember when i first saw the caps of helen in her room, and i thought she was reading by candlelight b/c she liked doing it the old fashioned way. but i think it was b/c the lights were out b/c of tesla's breaking her house oopsies
                            When Tesla enters Helen's bedroom he's carrying a torch because the lights were out.
                            I'm sure Helen likes doing it the old-fashioned way too.
                            sigpic

Comment

i saw silky pj's and i thought they were blue....it looked more like a robe though to me

I think lillian started out with good intentions....keep the Lycans locked up safe from the rest of the world. but then some would leave and they'd change and there would be the police and she'd have to hide and lie, so she started to discourage them from leaving, and eventually she started to manipulate them into staying

I don't think she was evil, just desperate and she lost her perspective and likely saw the death of one every few years as a price to pay to save the rest
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                                She probably spent a chunk of her extended life living in NYC.
                                Pardon my ignorance, but what does that have to do with the dark colors?

Comment

Working...
                                X