Kali, Part 3 (301)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    so Forsythe just wanted to rule all the world? but where does this 'island of dr moreau come in?
    Its an old science fiction novel
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
      And he *did* die. For 8 minutes!
      One has to wonder if Will is going to become the Daniel Jackson of Sanctuary
      "The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, & weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can't."
      -Brom in Eragon

Comment

Awesome start to the season for me! It actually resolved a lot more than I expected it to, although a few things were left out that I didn't expect to be. Loved all the little confrontations between Henry and Wexford, as well as the mysticality (not really sure if that's a word, but oh well) of Will's conversation w/ Kali. I'm super excited to see where this season goes!

The new theme song was really jarring the first time i heard it, but i think it will grow on me.
        "The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, & weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can't."
        -Brom in Eragon

Comment

Loved the wolf lizard stand off

It was funny watching it at the same time I had Cel's webcam up... she pulled the same face I did at the same time I did, when they checked the pulse by resting their fingers somewhere over the adam's apple

Did anyone else think that Helen looked like a bedraggled, wet puppy when they pulled her out of the water? Heh.

Are we allowed to post screen caps? If not, delete please Sky This is the laptop with the Sanctuary logo. I want one

Spoiler:
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Its an old science fiction novel
            yeah, i've heard of it (and even saw the '70s movie that came out on it ), but i don't know why Forsythe wanted to go this route. did he want to control all the abnormals?
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kyarra View Post
              One has to wonder if Will is going to become the Daniel Jackson of Sanctuary
              haha, this time I didn't think of Daniel at al, until you mentioned it.. I used to think of him as the Sanctuary Daniel in the first few eps..

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
              Did anyone else think that Helen looked like a bedraggled, wet puppy when they pulled her out of the water? Heh.

Are we allowed to post screen caps? If not, delete please Sky This is the laptop with the Sanctuary logo. I want one

Aww.. yes the description fits very well XD

and I want one, too.. veeeery nice design
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                i think also listened to will because he wasnt' asking for something for 'me', it was 'save these people

he wasnt' selfish, he was selfless, and she took note
                And don't forget that great dance he did for her!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  so Forsythe just wanted to rule all the world? but where does this 'island of dr moreau come in?
                  The Island of Doctor Moreau is a famous classic by H. G. Wells (check the summary on Wikipedia) and deals with issues surrounding Dr Moreau and his experiments in transforming beasts into half men.

Possibly an allusion to abnormals however an ironic one, in my opinion, because a major flaw in Dr Moreau was his lack of compassion which was similarly displayed by Forsythe throughout the Kali episodes. Just how did Forsythe perceive he was going to do it right when he had similar flaws to Dr Moreau?

I really enjoyed this first episode, the pace was fast but we got character moments throughout, a nice blend for me. We got some questions answered and the major danger resolved but we still have lingering questions for later episodes, just my cup of tea!!

I thought the visuals thoughout were well done with just the odd shot or two having that standout out oh it's not real feel which is incredible with the amount of CG in the episode. Better than last year and I'm liking the constant improvement.

However the new theme is just totally jarring for me.
                  -

Comment

Heh. I had so much more to say about this ep, but people have already said it

On a slightly shallow note... Helen's hair! Go the continuity- not one of these shows where the scene after she is pulled out of the water her hair and makeup are perfect again. Each scene her hair was slightly drier, although I'm sure hair and makeup put heaps of work in to make it look like it was drying naturally, with the scenes probably filmed over multiple days

Quick question- does anyone know if Sanctuary airs in India? Don't know how I would feel if some foreign show destroyed my home as part of a storyline Also... did anyone else cringe when Pakistan was mentioned? I know it had to be filmed well before the real life floods.
                    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                      Heh. I had so much more to say about this ep, but people have already said it

On a slightly shallow note... Helen's hair! Go the continuity- not one of these shows where the scene after she is pulled out of the water her hair and makeup are perfect again. Each scene her hair was slightly drier, although I'm sure hair and makeup put heaps of work in to make it look like it was drying naturally, with the scenes probably filmed over multiple days

Quick question- does anyone know if Sanctuary airs in India? Don't know how I would feel if some foreign show destroyed my home as part of a storyline Also... did anyone else cringe when Pakistan was mentioned? I know it had to be filmed well before the real life floods.
                      I believe I saw someone from India post on another thread about the show

*and you know how Damian and Martin like to keep Amanda wet, so I'm sure they kept getting her wet everyday of the shoot*
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Hello!

I enjoyed the season premiere, and only read the MW/AT interview this afternoon, so it was interesting to get their perspective.

MW's honest comments about Kate's introduction and voice were nice, especially since I found myself enjoying Kate more last night. Always liked Agam Darshi; just wasn't a fan of Kate. Now I can say that I like both.

I don't know if others agree, but I think the CGI and SFX were way better. There were a few things that were obvious, but I think it's unavoidable - especially considering everyone's trained eye for that sort of thing these days.

Liked Edward - wish he didn't have to die. Hated Terrance - kinda wish he HAD died. LOL

Overall, I'm glad the wait is over and that I now have something to watch on Friday nights again.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          I also did not like the new opening theme and question the logic of changing it. Don't you want to retain your theme so it is instantly recognizable?
                          I thought about that too, and wondered if it was just going to be for the season premiere, as it had a bit of Indian flair to it. I did like the song though. Theme songs are so rare these days, I'm just glad Sanctuary still has one.

Speaking of changes, it seems they toned down the stylized multiple POV thing they did last season. Maybe, due to the complaints, they're only going to do that once an episode or so.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post

Speaking of changes, it seems they toned down the stylized multiple POV thing they did last season. Maybe, due to the complaints, they're only going to do that once an episode or so.
                            i like the multiple pov's.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Spaz! Just the other day I was thinking we should put out a Spaz bat signal, but it turns out I don't even need to type it. Thinking it is enough.

Hehe... I can just imagine the hair stylist with the water spray bottle being egged on by Martin and Damian. And I wonder who got to use the hose in the earlier, wetter scenes? Poor Amanda. Heh.
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                                Yeah... I only noticed it once maybe?
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X