Kali, Part 3 (301)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
    Magnus is just THAT good I thought that was class!

I thought that he was basically okay because Kali had 'sorted it' ? Like how she helped with the tidal wave?

I completely agree she doesn't seem to have much luck does she! I bet that's going to become a recurring thing as well.

So... I really enjoyed this episode. I liked that Edward redeemed himself - I didn't like him at all in the last part, but found him quite amusing in this ep. I like that he totally fancied Magnus too overall enjoyed the humour throughout - not overdone just enough to lighten the mood IMO.

Found it a bit disconcerting when people kept dying / being suspected of dying... although we all knew Magnus was okay and Will would be okay - but I do wonder about any long term affects on his health, and as someone else said, if he can still communicate with Kali?

Really like the new music but find myself missing the old music... if that makes any sense.

Interested to see how they explain the little earthquakes that stopped the last wave. I have my theories and can only hope I'm correct. What does everyone else think about that?

Gosh it's so good to have Sanctuary back
    *squeeeeeee*
    Why would she do that? She never helped out the other hosts
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by SnowWhite View Post
      I have a question.. unless i dreamed it, there was one short moment (on wexford's ship I thought) when you can see a dark red (?) notebook with the Sanctuary logo on its back.. does anybody know when that was? I can't find it
      About 30+ minutes in, after Will takes the leap of faith I think.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Why would she do that? She never helped out the other hosts
      You don't know that. The mini-spider probably had dozens if not hundreds of hosts through the ages. Most of them lived out full lives, over-lived in fact. The last guy was what... 200? There was no reason for Kali's help. But if a situation has called for it, who knows what she's done in the past? Anything's possible.

My general thoughts on the ep.
      MY fav scene was the first one with Henry waking up and seeing the devastation caused by the waves.
      Don't like the new intro song. It's just too... strong, too loud for the opening sequence.
      Over all, it was a pretty awesome ep, one of the best ones yet (falls behind EoN2), I loved the action, great character moments, the effects looked amazing and the remaining mystery will definitely make me keep my current location waiting for the next ep.
      sigpic

Comment

Sorry for the double post, just one more thing.

Was it just me or were those two guys at the end that same type of creatures we saw in Pavor?
        sigpic

Comment

Firstly: Andrew Lockington’s music, just wow. Especially the piece just as Henry gets up and looks out over the wreckage. And I love the new theme! It’ll just take some time getting used to hearing it combined with the tile sequence.

Great ep! Good pacing, good mix of action, (Helen kicking butt) drama (Henry thinking Helen is dead) and humor (Edward Forsythe). Some great character moments. An awesome start to the season!

I really liked the look of Helen in this episode, (sure she’s very nice to look at all dolled up too ) but here she really looked like she’s been through a tidal wave and then some. They had really cut back on the make up and let her hair be in half a mess. And obviously AT have no problem pulling something like that off and still make it look fantastic.

And I’m surprised no one have mentioned it before, but the end scene, love it! It was really nice to get back and land at ‘home’ after being away for a few eps. And just having this nice moment between Helen and Will.

Of course I have to mention the VisEffects, all the water stuff with the wreckage and the tidal wave, just wow wow wow wow. *hats off to Anthem*

And I have to mention CH as the big guy, his reaction to thinking Helen might be dead, it’s quite something to convey such emotion through all that prosthetics.

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
          Sorry for the double post, just one more thing.

Was it just me or were those two guys at the end that same type of creatures we saw in Pavor?
          You mean the ‘sentient mist’ from Pavor? There may be some connection there. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Comment

WOW, I just honestly don't know what to say but WOW!!!! I will say that was t he BEST start to a season show I've ever seen and that includes Stargate for me. The episode was just perfect for what 'had' to happen to wrap it up enough for the season to move on. While we got some concrete finishes to things and some things glossed over a bit I have to say I was screaming at my TV from minute one and was hoarse by the end.

I also have to say one of the things that impressed my most about the episode was something that wasn't really touched on and you saw it more in Helen's dealing with Foresythe's people than with her own. She gets rescued by these guys, they're supposed to be against her and yet in very short order not only does she have them turned against Edward Foresythe but she knows their names better than he does and they're being friendly, respectful and she trusts them enough to turn her back on them. In my humble opinion of course I think that is probably Helen's greatest power, truly, is the passion and love she has for the abnormal world is just 'infectious' in a way...she really is the heart of the Sanctuary in more ways than maybe even Amanda or one of the creators can understand.

The action in the episode was just...well PHENOMENOL!!! I don't think there was more than one second to breathe the entire thing and already I'm anxious waiting for next week...why isn't it Friday yet? I stayed up and watched both airings live which mean I didn't get to bed until 4:30am and that's WHOA late for me folks but for Sanctuary a little sleep deprivation is fun

Why I admit the show was a little fast for me, I could easly have watched another two or three hours of it to have it drawn out, it was just perfect. The dedication and loyalty of everyone to each other and yet to the abnormal community was just unbelievable. Overall it was one of the best episodes of the series in my opinion and I've already re-watched it 6 times; had to kill the time between the first and second airings didn't I? *gives innocent look*

I can't wait for more and I have to say that when Foresythe's plan was revealed it was a bit 'ingenious'. It's been a while since I read the Island Of Dr. Moreau, may have to go borrow that from someone and read it again, but how many of us wouldnt' relish the opportunity to create our own 'Sanctuary' or colony away from everywhere where life would be beautiful? Helen understood his reasons and that he wasn't just power hunger and that speaks to the depth of her character in very real and tangible ways. Why I condemn what he did I do admire his desire to do it if that makes sense.

And Wexford just for the record why I think I now understand he was doing what he believed was right Helen's simple statement at the beginning when in the chopper summed up the episode well and showed how 'out of the loop' he was and how far she was ahead of him in his thinking...she gave him the chance, tried to beg him to think about what he was doing first...but like she said 'Bertha must survive!'

GREAT episode and my kudos to the Sanctuary team...UNBELIEVABLE, YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!
            Sanctuary RULES!!!!
            Melissa

Comment

Being an EMT in training and having a pretty good grasp of the medical, my only problem that had me yelling at the screen was the fact that they had made a few mistakes.

1. You check for a pulse in the cartoid artery on the side of the neck, not the middle.

2. When using the AED on Will, the pads were misplaced and if someone flatlines (aystole) the brain can be without oxygen for 6 to 10 minutes without sustaining permanent brain damage, not 5 like was mentioned. Will was completely fine at the 8 minute mark though they were quite pushing it.

I didn't catch it, but how long was Will finally flat lining for?

I know some don't like the new theme song, but I really had no problem with it. I think they took a creative leap with it and IMO, it has paid off. It was lively and exciting and had me anticipating what adventures Season 3 is going to take us all on. If I'm not mistaken, Damian Kindler plays guitar in the intro as well.

Also, the visual effects was amazing for a tv show. Hats off to Lee Wilson!

Can't wait to watch it all over again today!

Comment

The quote not mentioned yet that I enjoyed was Henry, after Wexford attacked...

"You SPIT on me... that's just gross!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                  The quote not mentioned yet that I enjoyed was Henry, after Wexford attacked...

"You SPIT on me... that's just gross!!"
                  Yeah, that was a good one. Apparently ad-libbed by RyRo

I like the throwing of the ball too and the exchanges between Helen and Edward. I was so sure she was either going to step on the ball to crush is or throw it at him! LOL!

Also love Helen's look when he's about to pour her the tea, how she bites her lower lip. For some reason that cracks me up every-time I see it

Comment

I liked it. I am not a fan of Amanda but I am beginning to think that she finally moved away from Carter in SG1 and I saw her as a different character.
                    I got attached to the show in the end of S2 again, because S1 was kind of...weak.
                    Kate gave it an incredibly fresh look and I am really glad she is there. Will is also getting a stronger character and I am just sorry they solved it so fast. I thought it would be cool to make him "special" without some crazy genetic stuff or some "long lost abnormal mother", which is exactly what I am waiting for to happen...
                    Anyway, I loved Henry´s loyalty, Kate´s refusal to give up on Will and actually, they all worked as a great team.
                    I hope this season will have some story-line because 20 episodes is a lot for stand alone episodes - and I hope they will tell us more about what happened to Will.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post

You don't know that. The mini-spider probably had dozens if not hundreds of hosts through the ages. Most of them lived out full lives, over-lived in fact. The last guy was what... 200? There was no reason for Kali's help. But if a situation has called for it, who knows what she's done in the past? Anything's possible.
                      The spider gave the people long lives. Thier was nothing to suggest that Kali had to ability to resurrect people and void them of an illness. Its a lot different that having a psyhic bond with someone
                      Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                      Being an EMT in training and having a pretty good grasp of the medical, my only problem that had me yelling at the screen was the fact that they had made a few mistakes.

1. You check for a pulse in the cartoid artery on the side of the neck, not the middle.

2. When using the AED on Will, the pads were misplaced and if someone flatlines (aystole) the brain can be without oxygen for 6 to 10 minutes without sustaining permanent brain damage, not 5 like was mentioned. Will was completely fine at the 8 minute mark though they were quite pushing it.

I didn't catch it, but how long was Will finally flat lining for?
                      Working on a degree of a medical degree I can relate the consistencies. I usually just choose to ignore it. TV always messes the medical aspects of the show. Will was flatlined for a little under 9 minutes
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Happy that we have finally arrived at the start of season 3. So looking forward to 20 fabulous episodes.

Thought Helen (and AT's acting) was great in this opener. Love her determination to save Bertha, rescue those in lifeboats and how she dealt with Edward's men (both the butt kicking and then working with them).

Loved Henry's loyalty, his sense of loss when he thought Helen was dead and the look on his face when he found out she was alive. All the gadgets he had in his pocket that he used to send a message to Helen reminded me of season one where he keeps pulling weapons out of his pockets.

Loved that Will was willing to die to contact Bertha and enjoyed Kate's role in this one.

Great action and effects. On our tour they pointed out where the scenes Henry and Helen by the railing of the ship were filmed. All that was there was the railing. Amazing to see it with the ship and the background. Very cool.

I like how this was one story with everyone being involved (although less from the Big Guy) rather than an A and B story.

Some things I question: seems Edward had too much of a turn around. Hard to believe this is the same guy who killed the previous host of the macri and tortured and left Will to die. Also find his goal (to create new land) a little odd. Rich enough to buy his own island(s). Would have preferred a little more explanation there.

I also did not like the new opening theme and question the logic of changing it. Don't you want to retain your theme so it is instantly recognizable?
                        Last edited by EH-T; 17 October 2010, 08:02 AM.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

i love that forsythe was making pangea, which was one thought i had when he was gathering Bertha
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
                            Found it a bit disconcerting when people kept dying / being suspected of dying... although we all knew Magnus was okay and Will would be okay - but I do wonder about any long term affects on his health, and as someone else said, if he can still communicate with Kali?
                            I hope they don't overdo this. I mean, we know they'll survive. They don't need to be believed dead all the time... That's not clear, but anyway. ;P

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                            Favorite parts in no particular order:
                            Will/KAte deathbed moment.
                            Helen taking her helicopter out. Then when she's about to crash she says "oh, dear."
                            Henry wiping away tears when they think Doc is dead.
                            Helen being totally calm when Wexford Abs out at her. "Look what you've become."
                            Totaly agree! Though those were great too.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            I like how this was one story with everyone being involved (although less from the Big Guy) rather than an A and B story.
                            Yep, I find that too. I don't mind eps where there are two stories, but it's really great when everyone is working together towards one goal.
                            sigpic
                            Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                            My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                            Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

I really enjoyed the opening episode, I thought it was a great conclusion to the 3 parter. I can't say enough about how much I love a kick-ass Helen, and she was that and much more; you can see why she is head of the network! Helen having to turn around and align herself with Forsythe against her own network was great, you can see how she gains the repspect of others. Forsythe's men were happy to follow her in doing the right thing. She even slowly gained Edward's respect, and you got to see him slowly redeem himself, which was very touching in the last scene.

Seeing Wexford and how he really was when he had 'power', I do think it went to his head and he lost all reason. Leaving people stranded in the water after the tidal wave when the first thing you are supposed to do when people are overboard is save them, which Helen wanted to do. All Wexford was concerned about was killing Kali above all else, including firing at a civilian ship. I do hope we see the repercussions of his actions in future episodes. I think the way Helen just saying, "look what you've become" was much better than some sort of fight scene between them.

Now the part about Will dying and talking to Kali. I think Kali listened to Will's plea because he was the chosen host and Will showed reverence to her and admitted it that it was just a small group of people that tried to kill her, not all those that would be killed. After Kali was attacked, Will pleaded with the others around her to save Kali, but if you noticed it was Will's hand that was grabbed and then he woke up. So I beleive it was the powerful abnormals (one or more) that saved his life and why he survived being a host to Macri, it wasn't Kali that saved him but some other abnormal.

So all in all it was a very good episode, and I look forward to the rest
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

i think also listened to will because he wasnt' asking for something for 'me', it was 'save these people

he wasnt' selfish, he was selfless, and she took note
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X