Revelations, Part 2 (113)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
    You guys have sucked me back in from lurking.
    So, I really like how the cast began to gel towards the end there. I was at first a bit surprised that they made Druitt into a good-bad guy (I liked him as evil without reason or cause), but the combination of Druitt, Tesla and Watson were such incredible characters... I hope they bring Watson back.
    All in all, I like the ensemble. For a while there, I liked that it was like watching a mom and her three kids working together. I don't know why, but AT has a great maternal vibe with her three younger co-stars, even though she's obviously not that much older than them. Either way, I'd like to see more of Helen's protectiveness come out like it did a few times this season.
    Great season, even with a few duds here or there. Here's looking for more mother/daughter drama, more Watson, and more Helen/Druitt/Tesla.
    Wow...it's kinda hard to add to that...glad you delurked for a moment Spaz!
    Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    I agree but would also throw Watson into that mix!
    Oooh...Helen/Druitt/Watson/Tesla...oooh...interesting...hehehe! I'm in for some of that too!
    Seriously...I'm loving Watson and bitterly disappointed they killed him off...wouldn't it be nice if they could figure out a way to bring him back...highly unlikely but not entirely impossible!
    Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
    wow what a great ep!
    the drama was pretty intense, and i loved the interaction between the characters. i wish we could have a scene with magnus, druitt, tesla, and watson all playing poker. it would be fabulous!
    bring on season two i say!
    I'd also like to see Biggie in that poker game as well...and I'd love to see him win...I love his laugh!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
      Oh I liked that Druitt has changed as well, and I'm also looking forward to seeing more conflict between the warring sides of his personality. But I also think his potential journey from 'villain' to 'good guy' should take a long time, with a few setbacks along the way, even if it means turning against Helen and the others.
      I also think it would take a very long time for Helen to really start trusting Druitt again. Helen is probably very afraid of even slightly opening her heart to Druitt again because, except for Ashley, he's probably the one person who can hurt her the most.
      I think it's telling that Helen so quickly believed that it was Druitt who took the Source blood at the end of the episode, even though he had been nothing but helpful in finding the blood and was so worried over Ashley when she collapsed. I do think that their shared concerned over Ashley's apparent betrayal will bring them closer together, but I think it should take something more than that for Druitt to really earn Helen's trust again.
      I think you and I are on the same wave length here...I don't think I can possibly disagree with any of your points! I'm hoping that Ashley's "betrayal" does bring John and Helen a little closer. I'm also hoping to see more vulnerability in Helen. And maybe a few flashbacks to life with Ashley as a child and if there were any signs back then that may have shown that she inherited Johns gift.

Thank you EH-T for the run down of the intro to the webisodes...I hope that they put it on the dvd's or someone has it somewhere to share with us here who have not seen it!

I've only had the chance to watch the ep once but what I do recall about it was that I was totally bummed with Watson's demise but I loved the tests that they each had to undertake. But I really really don't like cliffhangers. Although, this wasn't too bad. Not like with the webisodes!!
      Wasn't overly surprised by Ashley going darkside. Maybe just a little but not totally shocked!
      I'm still having serious issues with the Cabal woman...I just can't warm up to the character...even for a bad one...I cringe.
      Overall, I loved the ep but still can't compare to Requiem...but I'm figuring that will be a hard act to follow!
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post

I'd also like to see Biggie in that poker game as well...and I'd love to see him win...I love his laugh!
        heeheehee i can see that
        "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
        "what?"
        *throat punch*
        My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
        LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

OT Tesla Campaign

Spoiler:

My Favourite Vampire

Name: Nikola Tesla, otherwise known as the Hedgehog, Vampy, *ruffle*, and bearer of The Hair.

Definition: Psychotic evil genius vampire and oh so gutter-worthy and yet so adorable bad boy with a possible (but probably just put on) soft side and a soft spot for the one woman that will never give in to his charms and beautifully ruffled and playable hair, nice teeth and gorgeous hands, supple gorgeous neck, and the added joy in the knowledge that he will be around for as long as we can thunk! HubbaHubba! (compiled by Lili and Nad)

Crossover with SGA:
          Tesla: *snarky smile*
          Queen: *hiss* *grabs Tesla and tries to feed*
          Queen: *quickly removes hand from his chest* "Hm. You taste funny."
          Tesla: *bares teeth and goes all vampire-eyes*
          Queen: "Oooh!" *toothy smile* *purrs*

Style: Sparky, evil, manic, witty vampire bad-boy!

Fashion Tips: "To get that perfect spikey look for your hair, sit on an electric chair and toast lightly for 15 minutes."

Interested? Want to hear more? Pop over to the Tesla Thunk and Discussion Thread for funky, thunky... ahem I mean good wholesome fun!

~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

i just rewatched the season finale. i was going to wait a bit (till i was terribly desperate in my sanctuary suffering), but tv was very bad tonight...

anyhoo, very enjoyable episode. helen and the john-watson-tesla guys were awesome together.

random stuff...

loved helen and ashley hugging after john rescued ash and henry.

tesla is a total crack up! his going through his test and then saying to helen, 'you always hurt the one you love'. too good!

the john-watson relationship was very touching. of course, made all the more by two wonderful actors.

i can see why tesla made fun of helen being a daddy's girl, because her test really was too easy.

on a side note: i don't really consider helen an abnormal. yes, she seems to live forever, but that's the only thing 'different' about her.

i have to say, i can understand dana (the cabal woman) thinking she was doing the right thing. she wants to save her species. and when she said to ashley about once liking/respecting her mom (helen)... i'm wondering about the dana-helen relationship. where did they meet? did they meet? what made dana go the opposite way of helen's thinking?

and speaking of that, would helen be so pro abnormal if she didn't consider herself one too?

i wish watson lived.

i liked the way john reacted when helen accused him at the end. it was hard to not feel sorry for john through this episode.

i loved the line about adolescents! (can't remember the exact line now)

question: did the cabal brainwash ashley to make her do their bidding, or did they just ignite ash's killer instincts (think john's powers) and that made her want to follow them?

i think that's all. for now.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

[...]

i have to say, i can understand dana (the cabal woman) thinking she was doing the right thing. she wants to save her species. and when she said to ashley about once liking/respecting her mom (helen)... i'm wondering about the dana-helen relationship. where did they meet? did they meet? what made dana go the opposite way of helen's thinking?
              [...]
              The most dangerous villains are the one who believes they are doing the right thing

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                The most dangerous villains are the one who believes they are doing the right thing
                Also the most interesting. What beliefs is the villain following that would have him/her do so much morally questionable acts? I'm talking in general not just Sanctuary
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Also the most interesting. What beliefs is the villain following that would have him/her do so much morally questionable acts? I'm talking in general not just Sanctuary
                  Well in this case, she's protecting humans. Its a "war" and one tends to choose their side.
                  Its like Hellboy II where the villain wants to protect and rebuild is world. Or the mutant vs humans from X-men. They are "superior" and some will eventually see themselfs that way and take advantage. Feel and belive they are Gods, like Magneto

The ends justify the means. Or something like that LOL

Comment

anyhoo, very enjoyable episode. helen and the john-watson-tesla guys were awesome together.

random stuff...

loved helen and ashley hugging after john rescued ash and henry.

tesla is a total crack up! his going through his test and then saying to helen, 'you always hurt the one you love'. too good!
                    Agree on all counts, and I loved Tesla both in this episode and in The Five. I hope we get to see him again in season 2.

on a side note: i don't really consider helen an abnormal. yes, she seems to live forever, but that's the only thing 'different' about her.

and speaking of that, would helen be so pro abnormal if she didn't consider herself one too?
                    I think Helen is proud to be an abnormal, most of the time, and that personal identification is important to how she views and treats other abnormals. She can't easily dismiss them all being dangerous or lesser than humans (as Dana does) without turning those views on herself.

question: did the cabal brainwash ashley to make her do their bidding, or did they just ignite ash's killer instincts (think john's powers) and that made her want to follow them?
                    I think it's a combination of both. We know from Warriors that the Cabal has methods of controlling/brainwashing people, and what they did to Henry suggests that they can bring out innate abnormal characteristics in them as well.

I'm thinking they did both to Ashley, brought out the innate teleporting powers she got from Druitt, and brainwashed her to follow their orders.

Originally posted by kes View Post
                    Absolutely. They're also the most interesting to watch because you can sometimes understand their motivations for what they do, even if you usually don't agree with them.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                      I think Helen is proud to be an abnormal, most of the time, and that personal identification is important to how she views and treats other abnormals. She can't easily dismiss them all being dangerous or lesser than humans (as Dana does) without turning those views on herself.
                      i agree.

i'm thinking 'i' wish she wasn't considered an abnormal... maybe so i can identify with her more? hmm, i'm going to have to think on this.

I think it's a combination of both. We know from Warriors that the Cabal has methods of controlling/brainwashing people, and what they did to Henry suggests that they can bring out innate abnormal characteristics in them as well.

I'm thinking they did both to Ashley, brought out the innate teleporting powers she got from Druitt, and brainwashed her to follow their orders.
                      but i wonder, though, if bringing out ash's innate abilities does the same thing to her as it did to john (making him go darkside)? or, is it the habitual teleporting that starts decimating the brain?

we need the entire sanctuary family smileys.
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

i agree.

i'm thinking 'i' wish she wasn't considered an abnormal... maybe so i can identify with her more? hmm, i'm going to have to think on this.
                        But aren't we all a little 'abnormal' in our own quirky ways? I always fold up, never crumple, my scratch paper, and think jumping out of perfectly good planes is a blast.

One of the premises of the show that I really like is how they shine the light on what is generally considered to be strange/unnatural/abnormal and make you think, is that person really so different from me?

Sure it's hard to relate to Helen's long lifespan, but there are so many other aspects of her character to relate to to a greater or lesser degree. For me right now, I can totally relate to Helen's inability to sleep normally.

but i wonder, though, if bringing out ash's innate abilities does the same thing to her as it did to john (making him go darkside)? or, is it the habitual teleporting that starts decimating the brain?
                        In think in the webisodes they implied that Druitt using his powers is what drove him mad, though I'm not sure they've kept that in the series. I'm inclined to think that repeated teleporting does affect his brain, and Helen's blood acts as a temporary fix for the problem. It would be interesting if Ashley develops a similar kind of madness.

sigpic

Comment

Whoa, it's been awhile since I got lost to "Sanctuary" thread.

Before watching the final episode, I re-watched the previous one. I couldn't quite get the dialogues, English being foreign language to me and all, plus the accent.

I had expected the challenges to be more difficult. But, on the other hand, no one else but them could have passed the tests.

What happened to Ashely? Was she brainwashed or what?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post

What happened to Ashely? Was she brainwashed or what?
                            And that is the big question. Some say she was brainwashed while others say her evil side was taken over due to being Druitt's daughter
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

My bet is that she got brainwashed.
                              sigpic

Comment

I hope that they don't keep turned-Ashley. I hate it when they have the parent/child relationships that are loving and normal suddenly switch. The Helen/Ashley dynamic is probably my favourite part of the series and I would hate it if they turned against each other (I think that it is so stupid when TV shows do that) Plus I'm more than a little afraid that they'd replace Ash with the invisible-streaker. Personally I think that Druitt is probably going to be instrumental in bringing her back to the good side, he having gone through something similar.
                                Speaking of Druitt, here's hoping that he comes back again and again with varying degrees of good/badness! I love to see the vunrability that he brings out in Helen.
                                sigpic
                                Yeah... I know

Comment

Working...
                                X