Revelations, Part 1 (112)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
    As for Emilie in other shows, I know season 1 was filmed very rapidly but maybe they have a bit more time now, also as it's only 13 episodes they don't spend as long filming as full season shows which would allow time to do other stuff if they can work the schedules out.

She's also not in every scene which would give her more time free - she wasn't in Requiem at all.
    Yeh, but she is a regular in the show so... Even if they schedual around her, it wont leave time to do another show full time. Even if it is a 13 ep show aswell. Guest star ok. Half a season maybe. I mean doesnt the women rest?

Comment

The daughter of Helen Magnus doesn't need rest!
      sigpic

Comment

Regarding Jpod, I've just looked at it on IMDB and it looked like they filmed 13 episodes and according to the user commentary it's been cancelled. That seems a shame as it looks like it won a couple awards - Best Guest Performance by a Male in a Dramatic Series (Ryan Robbins!) and Best Lead Performance by a Female in a Dramatic Series (Emilie Ullerup)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1024701/
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
          I concur...thank you Bagpuss...I only have til late Saturday/early Sunday to wait but this should keep me sane til then!!
          You're v welcome,Chelle .Waiting's never fun,but Rev p1 is worth it ,imo.

I'm a bit surprised none of the Australian tv channels have picked up Sanctuary yet.Hopefully that will be redressed soon.

I found it interesting that the pan down into the central hub of the complex (Where Sally and 2 face have their rooms) showed that the building above was ruined and falling down. Perhaps all of the buildings we see above ground are not in use.
          Well spotted !

Originally posted by kes View Post
          Ok, finally saw this ep:
          Spoiler:

Someone said, not sure if it was here, that Helen must have more then longevity (sp) because aside form Griffin they were all alive. But it was obvious that Watson is some sort of cyborg (used is inteligence to build something to keep him alive), Druitt is alive because of Helens blood (she gave him a bit of longevity (sp)) and Tesla is a vamp LOL
          Spoiler:
          Glad you've seen the ep at last ! I think Watson's possibly only alive because of cyborg tech as well.

Originally posted by kes
          Spoiler:

I also read an interview or news that Emilie (Ashley) was staring in a tv show called Jpod or something like that. Is that old news. Cos if it isnt how can she do both shows?
          Think they'll kill Emilie and make Helen go dark side?

It feels kinda obvious that they'll use Ash agaisnt Helen. it feels like that is the plan they have for her. Of course I could be wrong LOL
          Spoiler:
          Yes.I think Ashley is definitely going to be used//programmed against Helen,but I'm hoping they don't kill her off.I think EU will fit her Sanctuary role around jpod's schedule .

ETA :
          Regarding Jpod, I've just looked at it on IMDB and it looked like they filmed 13 episodes and according to the user commentary it's been cancelled. That seems a shame as it looks like it won a couple awards - Best Guest Performance by a Male in a Dramatic Series (Ryan Robbins!) and Best Lead Performance by a Female in a Dramatic Series (Emilie Ullerup)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1024701/
          *Sigh* On second thought ...scrap the double scheduling headache for EU.
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I thought that Druitt teleported into the future from victorian time's arriving at the time of the 1st episode (which was lucky other wise he could have missed all 13 episodes if he had overshot).
            Which because Helen belived he was no longer alive that she could give birth to Ashley.

Comment

Originally posted by djsava View Post
              I thought that Druitt teleported into the future from victorian time's arriving at the time of the 1st episode (which was lucky other wise he could have missed all 13 episodes if he had overshot).
              Which because Helen belived he was no longer alive that she could give birth to Ashley.

Hmm not buying it. I dont think his ability works that way. To much. Plus how would he know where to "port"?
              And from Enlgand to somewhere USA??
              I think she thought he was dead because he didnt show up for so long. And maybe that her blood couldnt keep him alive that long.

*Sigh* On second thought ...scrap the double scheduling headache for EU.
              LOL

Comment

OK, I just saw Revelations, Part 1 and WOW things are getting serious . I thought this was a cool episode, it told some good stories and it was good to see more Druitt with . The episode starts with a "Previously on Sanctuary" with Helen saying the words again, and we see clips from The Five and Warriors, after that we find a plane flying over a mountain in a forest, it drops a bomb and it blows and all this gas is released into the air. Then we find an abnormal chopping wood, then he gets infected with the gas, he then finds a camper and his wife (I think she was his wife) and they acted like they all knew each other. But then the abnormal came at they guy with an axe and killed him while the lady screamed .

After the opening credits we find the team investing what's happening with the abnormals, I can't remember a little bit , so I skip a bit , we later find Bigfoot opening the front door, when he does, he finds Druitt outside, after he tells Bigfoot he has info that can help Helen, he lets him in. In the lab, Ashely isn't too happy to see John (No surprise there ) and he shows them them something he recovered from ground zero, Henry goes to work on finding out what it is, and Helen warns John that he'll be in a cell with a shield to prevent him from teleporting away. Later Helen gets a letter from an old friend.

Later in the Cabal building, we find the boss lady from Warriors talking with a scientist about their plan with the drug against abnormals, then back at the Sanctuary Helen opens the door (in a very nice dress btw ) and she finds he friend James (played by Peter Wingfield). They discuss what's happening and I like how when he met Will they started probing/profiling each other . Helen tells Will that James is the actual Sherlock Homes. Afterwards she explains to him what she meant and how she's worried about what will happen if they become affected as well. And I liked the little reference to Requiem, Will says Helen and Will say they don't want to go through that again but I do . I really liked the scene with John and James, because according to history they were big enemies at some point in time, and yet they were able to sit there together like gentleman .

I'm not going to bore with one of my big reviews, so I'll give you the short version starting now .I thought this episode was very well act, and I liked how it had to do a lot with The Five and how they cure could be in their blood (according to Helen ) It was good seeing everyone working together to find the solution, and I liked the scene where Will and John find the invisible girl (But not for the reason you think ). After Bigfoot got infected, I thought the scenes with him and Helen were really wicked, I love Helen's looks on her face, you could tell she was scared . And later when she went in there with him, I was scared for her . I liked the Helen and Ashley moment before Ashley and Henry went on their mission, and now I'm worried for them too after seeing them being caught. Helen's "Suck it up" line was so funny, and I thought the ending was so wicked, seeing that place in India destroyed.

I still want to see how they can get the five keys without Tesla, and I can't wait to see next week-- the season finale , but thankfully not the series finale . I'm also looking forward to seeing the webisodes on TV, I've never seen them, so it should be cool seeing them on TV .

Comment

i enjoyed the writing in this one. very snappy comebacks and snarks. i literally laughed out loud.

now, ash and henry getting caught....saw that coming a mile away. If watson is really working for the kabal and is evil....dude, that'll be another cliche too. please don't do it.

i know someone has to be and given druitt and the new girl, well watson's kinda the only one left by elimination, but i really hope he isn't or that he's not working with them to get his hands on that blood.

i noticed the ruined edifice over the sanctuary....so, are they keeping that low of a profile? or what's the story behind the ruins?

and i think helen loves to name drop, i thikn she gets a bang out of shocking with who's who and all that.

and yes, India did look a lot like BC didn't it? then again, so does ecuador (evolution stargate eps)

a chunk of exposition, yes, but sometimes it's fun to get the info dump just to find out what's going on in the universe
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Between this ep, and SGA, I'm depressed out of my skull.

I didn't like the preview for next week - I wonder if
                    Spoiler:
                    Bigfoot dies - which I will HATE - and Henry takes his place as resident furry. I will also hate it if Henry dies, and that new chick joins the team. Basically...I'm tired of losing my favorite characters, and I am seriously thinking of dropping tv all together after next week.

I really need to start watching the Wiggles, or something...

das
                    sigpic

Comment

Great episode! I enjoyed it the whole way through and can't wait for part 2.

I have this feeling that they will leave us with a whopper of a cliffhanger next week!!!

The show for me continues to get better and better (with a not so good episode every so often). I like it more and more, as well as all the characters.

Too tired to say more, but thanks Sanctuary Team for a great episode.

Comment

Excellent episode. A big turnaround from last week's below par ep. I find the story behind the five very interesting. It looks like in the previews the other five member returns from the dead, wait isn't he undead? I am curious how they will solve the problem and find the source. Part 2 looks very promising. Cannot wait!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          If watson is really working for the kabal and is evil....dude, that'll be another cliche too. please don't do it.
                          Heh. I think a lot of the 'Watson is really evil' ideas are coming about because Watson is made of awesomeness, and us poor TV viewers are so accustomed to heartache that we're steeling ourselves for the worst.

In Favor of Watson Being Evil:
                          1) He's against searching for the Source blood. If the Cabal wants its plan to go forward, it won't want the Five to get the Source blood.
                          2) He clearly has issues with his declining health; maybe the Cabal offered him a way to 'heal' himself?
                          3) He had Arthur Conan Doyle make Watson Holmes's sidekick; similarly Watson, as head of Helen's satellite Sanctuary in the UK, would presumably be answerable to her (though we know she hasn't enforced any such right). Why would the brilliant Watson be so fond of playing second fiddle if he had nothing to hide?

Against Watson Being Evil:
                          1) He's against searching for the Source blood; we know the Cabal is interested in the Source blood (the doctor bemoaned Gregory Magnus's unhelpfulness in that regard), and if he was working with the Cabal, you'd think Watson would have been a bit more gung-ho vis a vis the mission (so he could steal the blood).
                          2) Although he has issues with his declining health, you'd think he'd be too smart to trust the Cabal--I mean, the 5 together managed to gain near-immorality (or at least extremely extended life) along with superhuman abilities; has the Cabal managed anything similar, to make him trust their aid over Helen's?
                          3) He had severe issues with Druitt's reign as the Ripper; why would someone so dedicated to justice choose to align himself with a group like the Cabal?
                          4) The brief discussion between Dana Whitcomb and her acolytes seemed to indicate that the 5 were operating as a unit against the Cabal. Granted, info about a traitor might be on a need-to-know basis; however, her word choice, coupled with the one doctor's fear of the combined power of the 5, gives no indication of a traitor.
                          5) He's a snarky steampunk version of the Bionic Man. Such awesomeness cannot be evil.

On another note: everyone always refers to 'The Five'. Griffin is dead and Tesla is, if not dead, then at least off doing his own thing. At best they're dealing with 'The Three'. Odd that the Cabal, with their sources of info, wouldn't acknowledge this. (The scene w/Dana Whitcomb and acolytes sounded like they were expecting the entire Five to be constituted.)

Although, as Tesla fell asleep in Edison's electric chair at full current (I want this flashback and I want it now), I doubt Druitt really managed to kill him. And I wonder if Griffin is really dead? In The Five, we definitely hear Peter Wingfield's voice offscreen so Watson had already been cast, and we definitely heard Griffin. I wonder if Griffin will eventually be shown to be alive somewhere (amnesiac, faked his death, etc.)?

Comment

Good episode, a lot of exposition but it seems like a necessary info dump to set up the second part. And it was spread out among some great character moments that were fun to watch, my favorites being Watson and Druitt's chat and Henry and Ashley convincing Helen to let them to go the cabal facility, especially the looks between Ashley and Helen.

The previews for part 2 look good, and it looks Sanctuary is going to end on a high note. I've thoroughly enjoyed this season and I can't wait until season 2. At least I'll have BSG to tide me over until then.

sigpic

Comment

Have to watch again. So much stuff. Plus, I'm going to have to go back and watch WilliHulk again to see if I can see what Helen's Dad is up to. More later.

Comment

Oh wow...I just woke up about 50 minutes ago and of course my priority was to watch Sanctuary...and it was soo worth the early morning rise...it's 1am here!
                                I think I almost love this ep more than Requiem...the only thing I didn't like was that I now have to wait for part 2!!! I don't do too well with 2 parters or cliffhangers!
                                But anyhoo, I just adored this ep for so many reasons...I love Watson...oh please please please don't let him be the spy in the Sanctuary!
                                I love Druitt...no news there...but I do!!
                                I still do not like the Cabal leader...Dana Whitecome(sp?)...she just rubs me the wrong way.
                                Love Henry yet again...how could one not love this man!!...Gumby indeed!!
                                Poor Biggie...we still have no name for him...but poor big fella. I loved how he went nuts then gained some composure long enough to look into Helen's eyes to tell her to not release him...that was just sad and beautiful! And then when he threw her into the glass/perspex wall....I'm assuming Helen didn't get his blood after all!!
                                I think one of my favourite scenes is when Watson and Druitt had their little chat over a brandy...and Will's fascination in them both...it was just a great scene!!
                                I can't elaborate much right now as I'm kinda a little tired and in serious need of coffee so I'll have to pop back another time to add my few cents!!
                                But overall...I loved this ep. Has to be up there with Requiem for sure.
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X