No announcement yet.

Kush (105)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was watching this episode again and in the opening it was Helen and John getting into the carriage. I never noticed that John was about to give the driver a location when Helen spoke. I loved how he looked at her and she just smiled that 1000 watt smile of hers and settled in next to him!! it was great!!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
      I was watching this episode again and in the opening it was Helen and John getting into the carriage. I never noticed that John was about to give the driver a location when Helen spoke. I loved how he looked at her and she just smiled that 1000 watt smile of hers and settled in next to him!! it was great!!
      I never noticed that before i love that bit it's a pitty they didnt keep the kiss they so should have!!
      sigpic
      (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
        I never noticed that before i love that bit it's a pitty they didnt keep the kiss they so should have!!
        Yes, they should have!!! But that was so funny.
        sigpic

Comment

I saw this episode yesterday, I couldn't fell asleep. I love it, it is Helen / John episode but it is Helen / Will episode too. I love both of them .. They do a really great team
          I liked the idea of this episode even if the abnormal was horrible.
          Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
          / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

that abnormal was phreaky. Making you see a familiar face and then killing your ass while in said day dream..... how cruel is that?

Though, it was nice for it to be John.

And Will seeing his dead mom was sad. Course i loved when he offered Magnus coffee too. Her reaction was just great.
            sigpic

Comment

This was by far one of my favourite episodes in season 1 so far (of all that i have watched so far!!) The dream sequences and the idea behind this particular frightening episode reminds me of a movie I once watched. But it's definetly one of those memorable episodes you won't forget in a hurry!
              sigpic

Comment

This episode rocked my socks. To me, it screamed X-Files, from back when the files were still good . So the plot was awesome, and there were some really great Magnett moments. We get to see how Magnus was so attached to Druitt, and how their love was not just contractual (as so many engagements were in Victorian Era England), but was actually very tender and heartfelt. And we saw the more charming side of Druitt, not just the crazy bloodthirsty guy.

I loved it. There should be more episodes like this one in Season 4!

Comment

so Kush, a murder mystery on a plane in a blizzard.

in some ways it was predictable...in others not so much. We did have a retread of webbie material - to be expected, existing footage is too valuable to waste.

all in all it was just a great old adventure.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Not much to say about this one, it was an ok episode. I was glad to see the webisode material of Helen and John; nice to see John being other than menacing.
                    sigpic

Comment

Okay, next one on the rewatch list!

I don't remember much from this episode. Now I recognize the opening scene from the webisodes and once again, I feel conflicted about it. It's kind of romantic and nice, but at the same time I don't like the 'hero complex' John seems to have for Helen. She was his doctor and they got involved... that's just unethical.

Mysterious cut to the plane where Helen seems to be trapped in less than favorable conditions. Everything seems to have been thrown around. Nice to see Silvio again, I like him (much more than Ernie from the webisodes). Ooh, looks dangerous when we zoom out and see the plane in the snow. This will be the first crash we see Helen involved in.

Funny how there are always an alarmist in a plane crash/shipwreck. Yay for satellite phones! Aw, nice Ashley/Magnus moment there. I've missed that. Liked the mention of making tea if the gods were smiling upon them. Another mention of the famous Magnus.

I like how Silvio's nature comes out again (asking if he's still going to get paid despite the crash), but always felt there was something off about the creature's escape and the flashback we saw from the pilot's attack.

What is confusing is who all these people are? Why didn't Helen and her Sanctuary people use one of their private planes? What's the scaremonger doing there and the others who don't know Magnus? Everyone still seems to refer to Magnus as the boss, so is she the one who chartered the plane and the unknowns are part of its crew or something? I guess they hadn't decided she was going to be qualified to fly certain aircrafts yet at this time...

I recently rewatched a few episodes from season 3, including the ones with the scenes between Kate and Biggie and now, seeing Ashley and Biggie worry about Magnus and co I'm reminded of different their bond is. I also never warmed up to Kate even though Ashley isn't that big of an addition to the cast either, but I definitely prefer the latter over the former.

Love the coffee, British and standards thing, especially as it comes back throughout the show several times.

Oh-oh, first victim... Well, after the pilot. Intriguing to keep seeing John pop up in Magnus' mind. I wonder what Magnus was doing with her (doctor's) gloves on when Will and the New Delhi doctor were carrying the body out? There wasn't any blood on them and the cause of death had already been determined...

I liked seeing another side of Silvio when he was talking to Tashi (sp?) about his fiancee. Mr Braun (sp?) was really annoying, paranoid and sneaky, getting that gun. Leveling the playing field? Sounds like he's thinking someone is out to get him, instead of the Abnormal that killed the pilot.

I remember when first watching this episode I was wondering why it were memories of Will's mother and John that kept coming to them in their dreams. Then when we saw Giselle I knew. Poor Silvio, I really liked him. He was the kind of crazy you'd expect in that line of work and I liked him in the pilot with Ashley. Even though Magnus never seemed to think too highly of him (his weapons deals and faulty info for the crypt with the Morrigan), I like how she said he was a valuable member of their team when they discovered his body.

Braun is really getting on my nerves, just like the first time. I liked how Will was the first one to suspect the copilot had been killed rather than committed suicide but at the time his suggestion sounded unfounded (and Magnus was right in dismissing it), but then suddenly his brilliance is nowhere to be found again and it's Magnus who is the one to bring up the dreams. That's too bad because I would have expected him, the (forensic) psychiatrist, to realize the truth about the dreams as well and make the connection to the Abnormal.

Interesting that Magnus is telling him Abnormals aren't like humans and don't play by the same rules. It seems she will continue to apply this to non-human Abnormals throughout the show, while treating 'human' Abnormals the same way as normal humans. Odd. Especially considering she (and the rest of The Five) are technically Abnormals as well. Biggie is too, yet she'd never say something like that about him.

Another thing that seemed odd to me is that she is confiding about the Abnormal's telepathic powers to Will, while at the same time telling him the creature could be posing as one of them! For all she knows he's not the real Will! Unless she figures he is the real one because they were already together when she saw 'John'.

The creature certainly is powerful if it can fool so many people at the same time, influencing all their thoughts simultaneously and slowly killing them.

I'm glad it was Will who came up with the blood idea, although it seems doomed to fail considering they just said they couldn't trust anything they see or feel. Even if the blood results could be trusted they have no idea if they even took the samples from the persons they thought they had...

I wonder which 'worse scenario' Magnus was talking about that was true and which were fabricated.

I am surprised they locked Braun up, because they really should have known better. Not to mention that if he's not the creature he's an easy prey! I'm also not sure if he could even get enough oxygen locked up like that until the rescue team comes...

It is interesting that everyone except Doctor New Delhi has mentioned seeing things and that no one seemed to think about doing the blood test twice just to be sure. Kind of stupid, really. That cage doesn't look really sturdy enough to hold any Abnormal.

The 'rescue' by Ashley and Biggie had been done really well and I remember believing it the first time around. I must say Allison (New Delhi Doctor) did a good job playing the corpse too! Looked really freaky.

I get that the Abnormal had to blend in to survive the storm, but why did it have to continue killing people? Couldn't it just have killed the pilot to crash the plane, throw the pilot outside and pretend to be him?

Touching moment between Magnus and John. I like how she says he destroyed her heart because I always thought the same thing throughout the show, but had completely forgotten about this scene where she actually says it. If the creature made her dream about John like it did with the others then why did John tell her to wake up? Was it really a normal dream (influenced by the weather, stress, altitude etc) or was it the creature's way of playing with her mind to make her believe it/John had good intentions considering 'Will' is already in place?

Why does Will keep talking to his mother? He knows she's not real and yet he gets distracted by her and walks away from the plane - again.

Nice trick with the coffee! Too bad everyone but Will and Magnus were killed, though.

One thing I never was able to figure out was why they went looking for the creature in the first place. From what Magnus said about the capture and her Sanctuary etc it sounded like they just wanted one to study them or something, which doesn't sound very Sanctuary-like to me. Just like Will's reaction in the end, "first capture". What, did they just want to add one to their Magnus Book of World Records?

Nice episode, though! Wasn't this also the Abnormal we see in Icebreaker? Suddenly they're not that difficult to capture anymore, eh?
                      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

one thing i thought of, when the magoi lured the real will outside....no one else woke up???

all i can guess is that the creature is soooo incredibly anti-social that the only way it felt safe was to kill everyone. Maybe it was the Kush....killer of Hindus since it seems that anyone that sees it and realizes they've seen it, will be killed by it.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I believe in one scene Helen told Will, if the creature was unable to live in the harsh conditions and also had to stay on the plane to survive so that could be why it was killing because it felt threatened by the humans.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            one thing i thought of, when the magoi lured the real will outside....no one else woke up???

all i can guess is that the creature is soooo incredibly anti-social that the only way it felt safe was to kill everyone. Maybe it was the Kush....killer of Hindus since it seems that anyone that sees it and realizes they've seen it, will be killed by it.
                            Unfortunately the anti-social thing flies out the window with what we see in Icebreaker. Unless they only accept their own kind or something like that.
                            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                              I believe in one scene Helen told Will, if the creature was unable to live in the harsh conditions and also had to stay on the plane to survive so that could be why it was killing because it felt threatened by the humans.
                              Yes, but it wouldn't have to kill if it had just pretended to be the pilot from the start (after throwing out the pilot's dead body). No one would have been any wiser, or suspicious. But who knows, maybe the creature can only create an illusion for so long and thus had to take them out or be found out.
                              On FFnet or AO3

Comment

For me this was the episode that changed Sanctuary from a show I'd watch if it was convenient to one I didn't want to miss. It kept me guessing and wondering which one of them wasn't human. I liked Helen's visions with John and how they provided some of their history to us (I hadn't seen the webisodes at the time I first saw this episode), and especially when he got her to wake up even though it was in her mind.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X