No announcement yet.

Sanctuary For All (101-102)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just watched the pilot again, and noticed that when Helen and Will talk at the end about the fact that she was there when his mother died, Helen says "We tried Will, believe me we tried". I wonder who's "we"? We only saw Helen with Will, but I guess she had a partner back then too.
    Spoiler:
    Maybe Barney?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      some things mentioned in the premier are things i hope they eventually show. like:

*how helen met bigfoot. (is he still supposed to be bigfoot?)

*how helen met henry.

*who the five are and how helen got involved.

*how helen became immortal.

*how helen froze an embryo. and where did she store it?

*what helen did before ashley came along.

*was helen's blood different right from the start, or was it messed with?

*when helen answered will in saying she used to be like him; i'd like to see that.

*how helen raised ashley the child.

*john said we're all dying, but does that include helen (and the other immortals)? maybe helen 'is' dying, but incredibly slowly.

*does ashley have her parents gifts/curses.

*where did will live after his mother's passing.

*helen's adventures through time.

i swear to gawd, if this series ends with helen being freed of her curse by dying, i'll puke a dog.
      Great list! I'd also love to most of what you've mentioned, though hopefully across oh, 10 seasons?

When Helen told Will on the roof that she used to be like him, I thought she was referencing the time when she was first introduced to her father's sanctuary and all the abnormals inside of it. She was in the same position then that Will is in now, confronted by a massive amount of information that calls into question everything she thought she understood about the 'reality' of her world.

Also, as tragic as it would be, I kinda like the idea of the series ending (hopefully years from now) with Helen's death. (quickly ducks to avoid flying objects )

I think right now Helen's sees her longevity as more of a gift than curse, because it has allowed her to do her work and probably help guide the course of history in subtle ways. But all of that has to take a toll eventually and the costs of long-life may start outweighing the benefits. I would not like to see her following Druitt's approach, doing anything it takes just to survive without considering the quality of that life.

I'd like to see Helen mentoring Will, Ashley and probably others and creating a group that could essentially take over the running of the sanctuary. I think once she's confident that Ashley will be safe and her work will continue through them, I can see her finding/accepting a cure to her longevity and in doing so accepting death, which would be the inevitable result of that cure.

sigpic

Comment

Yes, he's listed as such on the official site.

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post

I don't do character death either but isn't that a tad extreme??????
          extreme and painful!!
          sally

sigpic

Comment

it doesn't need to end with helen's death...just her knowledge that she CAN die. her 'quest' would be complete

although does it strike anyone as odd that we're talking about the show's final episode when we've only seen 2 of the first 12????
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
              John saying, we're all dying, to me is just that everyone and everything eventually dies...it's just a matter of when...so I'm thinking that the immortality is just a stretch of long lived...might as well be immortal if you're gonna live for a very very very long time!! Being immortal...does that mean there is no way to die?? Or is it just a way of saying that barring outside influences, you could live forever...but a bullet or having your head removed etc...wouldn't guarantee your continued life? Kinda morbid, ain't it!!
              john did say to helen that he couldn't threaten her (which is part of the reason he chose ashley), so was he saying that helen couldn't die, even if she were horribly/normally fatally injured?

~worries about potential dog puking~

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                it doesn't need to end with helen's death...just her knowledge that she CAN die. her 'quest' would be complete
                good! *whew and *

although does it strike anyone as odd that we're talking about the show's final episode when we've only seen 2 of the first 12????
                naw, it's just me and my obsession with them not pulling a xena. (i haven't watched an ep of that show since their series finale)

the show's just ripe for that type of emotional sacrifice... oh gawd, i better not give them ideas!!

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

the last scene of the series coudl be an old helen, standing back in the shadows, as two younger people take over her job...and as the 'boss' instructs his/her new employee, helen simply turns on her heel and slowly walks into the shadows, the sound of her heels clicking on the floor fading away as the camera zooms past her to the two new folks in her lab

sigpic

Comment

the last scene of the series coudl be an old helen, standing back in the shadows, as two younger people take over her job...and as the 'boss' instructs his/her new employee, helen simply turns on her heel and slowly walks into the shadows, the sound of her heels clicking on the floor fading away as the camera zooms past her to the two new folks in her lab
                    wow, sky, that was great! sad, but great. but GREAT that helen LIVES!!

back, spawn of death!
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Very nice.

You're right, it doesn't necessarily have to end with Helen's death, but I would like it to end with her being cured of her longevity.

It is a little strange we're talking about the series finale when we've only just seen the premiere, isn't it.

sigpic

Comment

very strange

of course, a few years from now - knock wood - we could revisit this thread and see who predicted it right

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                          I just watched the pilot again, and noticed that when Helen and Will talk at the end about the fact that she was there when his mother died, Helen says "We tried Will, believe me we tried". I wonder who's "we"? We only saw Helen with Will, but I guess she had a partner back then too.
                          Spoiler:
                          Maybe Barney?

I'm not sure we can trust that everything from the webisodes will be reused. I'm sure she had one though.

suse
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

i've watched 'sanctuary for all' three times now, and love it more each time!

i'm sorry to say that i skipped will's intro (first half hour) and the ashley stuff, but that's mainly because i'm into helen/amanda the most.

some things mentioned in the premier are things i hope they eventually show. like:

*how helen met henry.

*who the five are and how helen got involved.

*how helen became immortal.

*how helen froze an embryo. and where did she store it?

*what helen did before ashley came along.

*was helen's blood different right from the start, or was it messed with?

*when helen answered will in saying she used to be like him; i'd like to see that.

*how helen raised ashley the child.

*john said we're all dying, but does that include helen (and the other immortals)? maybe helen 'is' dying, but incredibly slowly.

*does ashley have her parents gifts/curses.

*where did will live after his mother's passing.

*helen's adventures through time.

i swear to gawd, if this series ends with helen being freed of her curse by dying, i'll puke a dog.

Great list Sally . And I agree with you 200% about the bolded part, I couldn't handle it either, I felt a little like that when Sam "died" in TLM, and when she got removed as base commander . HELEN MUST LIVE!!! .

sally
                            extreme and painful!!
                            john did say to helen that he couldn't threaten her (which is part of the reason he chose ashley), so was he saying that helen couldn't die, even if she were horribly/normally fatally injured?

sally
                            *Hands Sally a barf bag*, not that she'll need it .

good! *whew and *

naw, it's just me and my obsession with them not pulling a xena. (i haven't watched an ep of that show since their series finale)

the show's just ripe for that type of emotional sacrifice... oh gawd, i better not give them ideas!!

sally
                            Don't worry hon, it'll be alright .

wow, sky, that was great! sad, but great. but GREAT that helen LIVES!!

back, spawn of death!
                            *Carter comes in to help Helen fight off the bad guy*

Spoiler:

Comment

Hehe...yeah...that is kinda odd!!
                              I do agree that just by acknowledging that she can die, is a great way to end it if they ever need to end it...which I really don't like to think about the end of the series as we've only just begun and I'm hoping for at least 5 seasons...that would be wicked!!
                              sally
                              Oooh...I missed that...bummer...will have to go re re-watch...any excuse of course!!
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

sally
                                Ah yes BUT Helen also told Ashley that Druitt was coming to kill them both. Now, was that true or was it just something Helen said to try and get Ashley to do what she was told???

These are part of the reasons that I'm really curious about the "immortality" thread. Damian and the writing crew are too good to make mistakes like this so I'm thinking they are leaving deliberate hints that won't be resolved until later in the season.

my kinda show
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X