Sanctuary For All (101-102)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
    Oh yeah, I also like how Helen and Ashley's relationship seemed fairly amicable. I hate the tired, overused cliche of the kid having issues with their parent(s) and rebelling. I know she did leave after being asked not to, but I reckon Helen knew she'd do that anyway.

I actualy enjoyed the fact that the relationship between Helen and Ashley seemed less adversarial in the premiere. In the webisodes, Ashley seemed to have a lot of attitude and issues with her mother and the sanctuary. She seemed almost hateful at times towards the so-called 'ghouls'. So the changes they have made in Ashley were very nice in my opinion. However, I'm wondering how much the relationship between mother and daughter will change now that Ashley realizes how long her mother has been lying to her about her father's death.

Comment

once she knows. ashley just thinks druitt is your random ghoul right now, doesn't she? albiet someone that mom has history with since she's bound to put 2 and 2 together adn figure out that the shield is there to keep him out

which means that helen fears him, and i don't think helen fears much

i like the idea that 'daddy' will be a running plot thread for a few eps.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        i think there's lots of stuff that can't cross the placental barrier
        And there's stuff that can, thus the whole not knowing if Ashely's affected.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          I actualy enjoyed the fact that the relationship between Helen and Ashley seemed less adversarial in the premiere. In the webisodes, Ashley seemed to have a lot of attitude and issues with her mother and the sanctuary. She seemed almost hateful at times towards the so-called 'ghouls'. So the changes they have made in Ashley were very nice in my opinion. However, I'm wondering how much the relationship between mother and daughter will change now that Ashley realizes how long her mother has been lying to her about her father's death.
          I've been woundering that also i wounder if she will react in a similer manner as to the way she did in the webisodes .
          sigpic
          (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
            I'm like that Ashley is less "hateful" to the abnormals but I did kinda like a bit of the snarkiness she had in the webisodes.
            Do you think that maybe Helen did believe John to be dead and so in a sense wasn't lying to Ashley??
            once she knows. ashley just thinks druitt is your random ghoul right now, doesn't she? albiet someone that mom has history with since she's bound to put 2 and 2 together adn figure out that the shield is there to keep him out
            which means that helen fears him, and i don't think helen fears much
            i like the idea that 'daddy' will be a running plot thread for a few eps.
            It's going to be very interesting to see Helen's fears played out.
            I hope that the Druitt story arc plays on for a long while...I like Druitt!! And I don't normally like the bad guys...except for Ba'al!!
            Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
            I've been woundering that also i wounder if she will react in a similer manner as to the way she did in the webisodes .
            Recklessly?? Yeah...I wonder that too...one can only hope I guess!!
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

helen may have HOPED that druitt was dead....but if she really did think he was dead, why have a shield protecting the sanctuary that he couldn't breach?

my thing is, druitt said he'd been looking for her...people that are part of an organized group that hunt/protect monsters are that hard to find??? they offer a sanctuary that abbys can come to for protection and they're a secret?

that doesn't make much sense. they shouldnt' have been THAT hard to find. unless....unless helen hasn't LIVED all of her 157 years. she lived some of them, then maybe had a friend jump her and ashley forward a decade or three to get 'lost'

sigpic

Comment

that doesn't make much sense. they shouldnt' have been THAT hard to find. unless....unless helen hasn't LIVED all of her 157 years. she lived some of them, then maybe had a friend jump her and ashley forward a decade or three to get 'lost'
                Oh wow!! That is an interesting twist...that would be cool...but maybe Druitt just wasn't looking in the right century again!! I love the speculation on where the stories might go to next...cool!!!
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Yay for reused props!

In case you didn't know, the chair that Alexie is put in was the chair that Daniel was in for the SG1 episode "The Shroud."

Something I noticed watching "Bounty" yesterday though (first time seeing it). The gun that Henry has (and gets shot with) was also used by the main bounty hunter dude in Bounty (who was also the runner in the recent Atlantis episode "Tracker," fyi).

Comment

ah, so a little 'mind if we borrow this' helping

sigpic

Comment

Watching the scene where Sylvio (weapons guy) is talking to Ashley. He makes a few comments about how much the abnormals like Alexi and John would be worth on the open market. And Ashley says something like no sorry you deal with is you play by our rules. So maybe the sanctuary is also a safe place for abnormals hiding from bounty hunters or people trying to make money by capturing them. And who is paying these people to bring them abnormals? Another foe of Helen's?

Comment

Yeah, which I don't mind at all. I also REALLY want to say the hallway got stolen from SG1, they put in a new door, and put a box on the wall. Just, the texture and color of the wall look all too familiar. Or am I just crazy?

Comment

i've watched 'sanctuary for all' three times now, and love it more each time!

i'm sorry to say that i skipped will's intro (first half hour) and the ashley stuff, but that's mainly because i'm into helen/amanda the most.

some things mentioned in the premier are things i hope they eventually show. like:

*how helen met bigfoot. (is he still supposed to be bigfoot?)

*how helen met henry.

*who the five are and how helen got involved.

*how helen became immortal.

*how helen froze an embryo. and where did she store it?

*what helen did before ashley came along.

*was helen's blood different right from the start, or was it messed with?

*when helen answered will in saying she used to be like him; i'd like to see that.

*how helen raised ashley the child.

*john said we're all dying, but does that include helen (and the other immortals)? maybe helen 'is' dying, but incredibly slowly.

*does ashley have her parents gifts/curses.

*where did will live after his mother's passing.

*helen's adventures through time.

i swear to gawd, if this series ends with helen being freed of her curse by dying, i'll puke a dog.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Great list you have there!

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            <snip, snip, snip>
                            some things mentioned in the premier are things i hope they eventually show. like:

*john said we're all dying, but does that include helen (and the other immortals)? maybe helen 'is' dying, but incredibly slowly.
                            You know that is something I've been wondering about, the immortality aspect because when the webisodes came out Damian (I think it was him) made a point of saying that Helen was not immortal but long lived. I'll be following this part of the story with great interest.

Oh, btw can we really trust anything Druitt says? Brain damaged insanity and all (or that's what it was in the webisodes).

i swear to gawd, if this series ends with helen being freed of her curse by dying, i'll puke a dog.

I don't do character death either but isn't that a tad extreme??????
                            -

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              i've watched 'sanctuary for all' three times now, and love it more each time!
                              i'm sorry to say that i skipped will's intro (first half hour) and the ashley stuff, but that's mainly because i'm into helen/amanda the most.
                              Spoiler:
                              *how helen met bigfoot. (is he still supposed to be bigfoot?)
                              *how helen met henry.
                              *how helen froze an embryo. and where did she store it?
                              *what helen did before ashley came along.
                              *was helen's blood different right from the start, or was it messed with?
                              *when helen answered will in saying she used to be like him; i'd like to see that.
                              *how helen raised ashley the child.
                              *does ashley have her parents gifts/curses.
                              *where did will live after his mother's passing.
                              *helen's adventures through time.

sally
                              Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                              Great list you have there!
                              You know that is something I've been wondering about, the immortality aspect because when the webisodes came out Damian (I think it was him) made a point of saying that Helen was not immortal but long lived. I'll be following this part of the story with great interest.
                              Oh, btw can we really trust anything Druitt says? Brain damaged insanity and all (or that's what it was in the webisodes).

I don't do character death either but isn't that a tad extreme??????
                              I love your list too Sally.
                              John saying, we're all dying, to me is just that everyone and everything eventually dies...it's just a matter of when...so I'm thinking that the immortality is just a stretch of long lived...might as well be immortal if you're gonna live for a very very very long time!! Being immortal...does that mean there is no way to die?? Or is it just a way of saying that barring outside influences, you could live forever...but a bullet or having your head removed etc...wouldn't guarantee your continued life? Kinda morbid, ain't it!!
                              Oh and the puking a dog thing...never extreme...not in that circumstance anyways!!
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Mcfergeson View Post
                                I loved it. I never saw the webcast, but I still enjoyed it a great deal. Tapping was great as Magnus. Very mysterious. This is a great character for her to play now.

I also loved the spunky daughter, and the caveman/bigfoot-type servant that Magnus has working for her. I really liked the dark, gothic tone the series has overall.

Looking forward to seeing more.
                                I never saw the webcasts either and loved the first episode, couldn't get used to Tapping accent though, looking forward to seeing more
                                People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Working...
                                X