Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Opinion/Feeling on S4 Ratings. Will there be S5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you also have more freedom in comics or the such....there is no network exec saying 'must cast.....' etc. It's just the writer and his editor and whether or not the story passes muster with the publisher.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

That's very true Skydiver, different mediums have different levels of control/collaboration. JMS seems to have found his niche where he doesn't have to work with too many constraints.
      Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Waiting.
        Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

http://smileyfacenet.blogspot.com/20...-season-5.html

Discuss!

Comment

It's almost MArch. IMHO Sanctuary won't get another season and if they'll try to do the Firefly/Serenity thing it will be a big giant flop. Serenity barely got its money and Firefly had a much larger fanbase...

Comment

In other words, we still don't know anything.

Comment

Sounds to me like the MAD genius' are looking "outside the box"

Fortunately this is familiar territory for them.

Probability of coming back, LOW

Desire to see more: HIGH
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                  It's almost MArch. IMHO Sanctuary won't get another season and if they'll try to do the Firefly/Serenity thing it will be a big giant flop. Serenity barely got its money and Firefly had a much larger fanbase...
                  Besides, I don't see the point of making a film since season 4's final can very well serve as a series final. In the case of Eureka which was supposed to end on a cliffhanger because it was supposed to be renewed and then cancelled I can see why they would need a few extra episodes, but in the case of Sanctuary I want either a full season or nothing!
                  sigpic

Comment

At this point I'd hazard it's unlikely to come back as a full season. We may get a movie (not like Serenity, Sanctuary has no studio backing to pay for a film in that ilk. More like Stargate SG1, but with Skiffy paying a lot more towards it), or a mini series.

BUT, the show still is not cancelled, it isn't renewed but it isn't cancelled so it means that people are still working to bring it back in some form.
                    Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
                      At this point I'd hazard it's unlikely to come back as a full season. We may get a movie (not like Serenity, Sanctuary has no studio backing to pay for a film in that ilk. More like Stargate SG1, but with Skiffy paying a lot more towards it), or a mini series.
                      After some of the "percieved waffling" of S3, I don't think thats really a "bad thing" for Sanctuary not to have any more than a 10-13 ep season to be honest.
                      As to the rest, thumbs up.

BUT, the show still is not cancelled, it isn't renewed but it isn't cancelled so it means that people are still working to bring it back in some form.
                      I hope they get something, I really do, but the pessimist in me is being, well, being pessimistic.
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

What Oh my goodness I really hope so.
                        I've only got into this series this year and have watched all 4 seasons . They cant leave my hanging like that surely .
                        I'm on the other side of the world from most of you so dont know whats happening with rating and funding.
                        Please let them make another couple of seasons.
                        sigpic

Comment

i personally would be fine with 13 episodes in the season. while i liked season 3 a lot, there were a lot of filler episodes.

i am holding on to the fact that they haven't canceled it yet, they are still talking about it.
                          sigpic

Comment

I wonder if we could do a little good old fashioned letter writing. I mean, from my pov things are just so negative and, honestly, the fandom in general has been so demanding and 'gimme' I wonder if it's time to stir thing up a bit. For example, whether or not we get a season 5 we can thank people for what we did get, 4 great seasons.

I know that Keith Beedie got special credit so I'm sure he was a major financial supporter, we could at least thank him for all he did...and hey if it helps to frame things better for the future, more the better.

Maybe less 'gimme' and 'when will I get more show' and more 'thanks for what you did, we appreciate it'...which you know can only steer things towards some good karma...and the show can use all of that it can get.

Anyone know where we can send stuff now that the production offices are gone?
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              I wonder if we could do a little good old fashioned letter writing. I mean, from my pov things are just so negative and, honestly, the fandom in general has been so demanding and 'gimme' I wonder if it's time to stir thing up a bit. For example, whether or not we get a season 5 we can thank people for what we did get, 4 great seasons.

I know that Keith Beedie got special credit so I'm sure he was a major financial supporter, we could at least thank him for all he did...and hey if it helps to frame things better for the future, more the better.

Maybe less 'gimme' and 'when will I get more show' and more 'thanks for what you did, we appreciate it'...which you know can only steer things towards some good karma...and the show can use all of that it can get.

Anyone know where we can send stuff now that the production offices are gone?
                              I think that is very positive and would be happy to join in. Maybe someone could tweet or post a comment to Sanctuary to ask where we can send letters. I think we could also write to Syfy. Does someone have the address for them?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

At Chevron Amanda said something about sending letters to the financial supporters of the show (not syfy if I got it right)

Comment

Working...
                                X