Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Opinion/Feeling on S4 Ratings. Will there be S5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I don't really know much and I'm no expert, a few things I thought I may add are -

If MAD really want the show to continue, then I'm sure it will in some form. Hopefully being an independent production will make this more possible for them than other shows which have been cancelled and failed at finishing the story or wrapping it up. (However, that said, I don't know if there is much point for Sanctuary seeing as they've already wrapped up the show with SFN. A 5th season would hopefully involve their new operations and exploration of the new facilities, but a mini-series or a direct-to-DVD movie would have to involve some form of drama, which I'm kind of sick of from Sanctuary now, and just want some easy-going plots)

Secondly, if the show is renewed later than sooner, won't this mean it won't be able to air this year? For an October debut they start filming in April, which is 3 months away. While for most show this leaves plenty of time, don't MAD have to acquire their funding first, which may take extra time? (It'd be interesting to see how Sanctuary faired in a different time of the year, but in the same Friday night timeslot)

Comment

Fringe breaks even, Supernatural stumbles and 14 other genre shows

Sanctuary (Syfy) - DONE FOR SEASON
      "We still don't know if we'll see a fifth year for Sanctuary, but it managed to end its fourth with a nice little numbers spike. For now, we leave it with good news."

Comment

I wish we at least knew whether they were negotiating, but I understand nobody wants to say anything until there's definite news.
        sigpic
        Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
          I wish we at least knew whether they were negotiating, but I understand nobody wants to say anything until there's definite news.
          We know they are negotiating and we'll know when they stop because we'll have an answer. But we rarely, if ever, get confirmation of any talks.
          Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
            We know they are negotiating and we'll know when they stop because we'll have an answer. But we rarely, if ever, get confirmation of any talks.
            But isn´t it a bad sign if the negotiating takes that long?

Comment

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
              A long time would mean we would have context of when talks began. We don't have that information
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
                thats true. the only time you hear about it is if the show was already canceled and they are trying other places. so maybe its good that we aren't hearing that they are talking.
                sigpic

Comment

Plus if SyFy recently hired some new executives maybe the talking got started kind of late, so that they could be involved. ??
                  sigpic

Comment

Plus if SyFy recently hired some new executives maybe the talking got started kind of late, so that they could be involved. ??
                    I doubt reality shows executives take part in the negotiations re Sanctuary.
                    "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                    "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

My hope is for a S5 but my gut is telling me no. SyFy is trying to bring up new content and new shows...

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
                        I doubt reality shows executives take part in the negotiations re Sanctuary.
                        So the new execs were added just to work exclusively with the reality shows?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
                          No, a bad sign would be if a show was canceled in 5 minutes. Negotiations, long negotiations mean that both sides are trying to come to an equitable solution. It means that neither side want to let it go - this is good.
                          Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by kmac45 View Post
                            My hope is for a S5 but my gut is telling me no. SyFy is trying to bring up new content and new shows...
                            It's a normal part of Syfy's business to have a development slate. They also have a very open schedule for new content all through the year, I think the highest number of new primetime content in a week last year was 11 hrs so there's plenty of room for expansion.
                            -

Comment

So the new execs were added just to work exclusively with the reality shows?
                              From the Syfy press release :
                              January 10, 2012
                              SYFY EXPANDS UNSCRIPTED PROGRAMMING DEPARTMENT
                              ROBYN LATTAKER-JOHNSON, WAYNE SAMPSON AND COLIN WHELAN APPOINTED VICE PRESIDENTS, ALTERNATIVE PROGRAMMING

NEW YORK – January 10, 2012 – Syfy has named Robyn Lattaker-Johnson, Wayne Sampson and Colin Whelan as Vice Presidents, Alternative Programming, it was announced today by Tim Krubsack, SVP, Alternative Programming, to whom they will report. Also added to the programming department are Tori Socha and Andrew Whitney, who join as Directors, Alternative Programming.

In making the announcement, Krubsack said: “On the heels of Syfy’s most watched year in history, we will be launching a record number of unscripted series in 2012. With their diverse experiences, creative sensibilities and stellar accomplishments, these five very gifted executives will play a key role in shaping that programming expansion and the continuing growth of the Syfy brand.”

In their new roles, Lattaker-Johnson, Sampson and Whelan will oversee Syfy’s current slate of hit reality series, including Face Off, Ghost Hunters, Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files, Haunted Collector, Paranormal Witness, Hollywood Treasure, and the upcoming Monster Man, Dream Machines and Total Blackout, as well as developing new unscripted projects.

Socha and Whitney will support the programming team, as well as identify new projects for development.

All five executives will be based in Syfy’s Los Angeles office.
                              -

Comment

What does that mean for Sancuary? If they wanna make more reality shows (such a crap) is there no room for Sanctuary?

Comment

Working...
                                X