Sanctuary Season 4 Ratings Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    I don't think so. I could see maybe like a shorter season order. But I do think there will be a Season 5, if they can maintain between a 0.4 to 0.5, 18 to 19 demo, imo.
    thanks, brian!

i will remain cautiously optimistic. if that's possible.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

So, I'm on twitter today, and I found this very interesting article- Networks Rethink the Ratings Game As DVR Usage Spreads

Spoiler:
      "What a difference seven days makes. Many primetime shows are seeing their ratings skyrocket when a week's worth of DVR usage is included — and network execs are scrambling to figure out how to adjust to a time-shifting world.

Now that DVR penetration has reached around 42% of viewers, it's having a real impact on viewership — and making the initial next-day ratings that everyone reports (which includes live viewing, plus only that night's DVR usage) increasingly irrelevant.

For example, when season four of FX's Sons of Anarchy debuted September 6, it attracted 4.9 million viewers, a good number, but not a network record. By the time seven days of DVR usage was counted, that number had climbed to 6.5 million viewers — making it the most-watched program in FX history."

It's a good article, and makes me wonder-- "Where are them DVR numbers for Sanctuary?"

Comment

Rocky, the dvr numbers have always been 2 weeks after the airing, if you do the math, it ain't quite there yet
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
          "Where are them DVR numbers for Sanctuary?"
          Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
          Rocky, the dvr numbers have always been 2 weeks after the airing, if you do the math, it ain't quite there yet
          I know in the past some of the +7 and other statistics have been made public. Most of the time they are not publicized. The networks pay a fee to receive this data, it is not published for free. Some limited ratings are given out to the media.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            Oh, wow, I read somewhere that it take 7 days to come out. Alright, so then them DVR numbers should be out soon? My mom DVR's everything, so she proves why DVR numbers should be counted.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
              So, I'm on twitter today, and I found this very interesting article- Networks Rethink the Ratings Game As DVR Usage Spreads

Spoiler:
              "What a difference seven days makes. Many primetime shows are seeing their ratings skyrocket when a week's worth of DVR usage is included — and network execs are scrambling to figure out how to adjust to a time-shifting world.

Now that DVR penetration has reached around 42% of viewers, it's having a real impact on viewership — and making the initial next-day ratings that everyone reports (which includes live viewing, plus only that night's DVR usage) increasingly irrelevant.

For example, when season four of FX's Sons of Anarchy debuted September 6, it attracted 4.9 million viewers, a good number, but not a network record. By the time seven days of DVR usage was counted, that number had climbed to 6.5 million viewers — making it the most-watched program in FX history."

It's a good article, and makes me wonder-- "Where are them DVR numbers for Sanctuary?"
              It tells you in the article why we haven't seen them yet:
              Ratings that include seven days of DVR usage aren't available for several weeks, which is why several networks have started touting ratings that include three days of DVR playback (which are available on a timelier basis).
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                It tells you in the article why we haven't seen them yet:
                Ratings that include seven days of DVR usage aren't available for several weeks, which is why several networks have started touting ratings that include three days of DVR playback (which are available on a timelier basis).
                and it says....

Ultimately, it's another rating that actually matters in the TV business. The "C3" rating, which measures viewing during commercial breaks (including three days' worth of DVR usage), is what networks sell to advertisers. "That's what actually matters," Bader says. "You don't monetize anything" on live-plus-seven ratings.

And many advertisers are against adding any DVR numbers. How many people with DVRs know that itty bitty trick of skipping commercials? hm?
                Last edited by Steff; 20 October 2011, 11:45 AM. Reason: Added rest of quote that what left off. oops

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
                  and it says....

Ultimately, it's another rating that actually matters in the TV business. The "C3" rating, which measures viewing during commercial breaks (including three days' worth of DVR usage), is what networks sell to advertisers. "That's what actually matters," Bader says. "You don't monetize anything" on live-plus-seven ratings.

And many advertisers are against adding any DVR numbers. How many people with DVRs know that itty bitty trick of skipping commercials? hm?
                  Why are you quoting me to add this? I was answering Rocky's question.

I hope that when we do eventually see these ratings that they are very good.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                    Why are you quoting me to add this? I was answering Rocky's question.

I hope that when we do eventually see these ratings that they are very good.
                    Oh my, when I quoted you it left out the bit from the article I was responding too. I fixed it.

Comment

My rating prediction for 4x03
                      1.4 million 0.5

Comment

Siles ==> 1.4 million / 0.5%
                        Abnormal ==> 1.4 million / 0.4%
                        Steff ==> 1.2 million / 0.4%

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
                          Siles ==> 1.4 million / 0.5%
                          Abnormal ==> 1.4 million / 0.4%
                          Steff ==> 1.2 million / 0.4%
                          And the winner is...... *drumroll.....*

Siles hit it exactly right.

Congratulations. You should be receiving your prize in the mail in the next few days.

Actual #'s:
                          Viewership (million, Live+SD) 1.466
                          Adults 18-49 rating (Live+SD) .5
                          Last edited by Steff; 24 October 2011, 01:02 PM.

Comment

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...e-more/108154/

Viewership (million, Live+SD) - 1.466

Adults 18-49 rating (Live+SD) - 0.5

Sanctuary Friday is back.

Good job to Siles and Abnormal for your predictions.

Comment

These numbers are very steady, this should get Sanctuary a 5th season if they can keep it up for the next couple of eps, imho.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                                These numbers are very steady, this should get Sanctuary a 5th season if they can keep it up for the next couple of eps, imho.
                                thanks, brian!
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X