No announcement yet.

Season 4 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting theory... it would explain the spoilers we've seen of Magnus and Will fighting (each other). And it would make Magnus' compliments about Will's skills and capability of leading the Sanctuary Network more credible; she was just telling FakeWill what he wanted to hear.

I'm not sure about the rest though...

Why do you think Druitt would be at the head of the faction? I think that would (have) suit(ed) Adam or Nikola better, as they both think they're superior to humans/mortals.
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post

re the bolded, Ashley anyone? Esp considering Helen essentially chose to save the Sanctuary network over her daughter.
      I thought Helen was thinking of Ashley in that scene too, even to the point of her expression saying to Will "how can you even say that to me?"
      sigpic
      Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Ashley, Gregory, Druitt (even if he's still alive, he changed after the source blood), Watson and who knows how many more loved ones.
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
          I thought Helen was thinking of Ashley in that scene too, even to the point of her expression saying to Will "how can you even say that to me?"
          Your comment has made me think about something. Here is my question.

After all these years, did not one of the males from the Five not impregnate someone along the way? We know about the invisible man but what about the others. No knock at the door, "Hi, I think you are my father."?

Comment

Possible, but would they be that thoughtless? I imagine them, being from a different century, more responsible-minded, that they would not risk that there is a child which has to grow up without his father. And there are still condoms.

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
              Your comment has made me think about something. Here is my question.

After all these years, did not one of the males from the Five not impregnate someone along the way? We know about the invisible man but what about the others. No knock at the door, "Hi, I think you are my father."?
              I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't other descendants of The Five, but we just haven't seen them. After all, Nigel was eighty something when he met the girl in Normandy. Surely he had a relationship before that! It makes sense to me that there was someone and that she had died naturally before then.

And John. Don't tell me he's never had a one night stand? Or a brief thing at all?

Ok, I'll buy that Nikola's DNA is incompatible with human DNA, but also what about James?
              sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Why should Nikolas DNA be incompatible with human DNA? How was little Nikola conceived? I mean there was some vampire grand pa and vampire grand ma who hooked up with a human.

I don´t like the idea that there are some kids of the five running around, at least no one from Nikola.

And if I were a man, I wouldn´t want that there are kids which I don´t know. Like I said, there are condoms. OK, probably there wasn´t condoms in the 19th century but at this time you never had something with a women without marrying her anyway.
                Last edited by Altariel; 29 November 2011, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
                  Why should Nikolas DNA be incompatible with human DNA? How was little Nikola conceived? I mean there was some grand pa and grand ma vampire who hooked up with a human.
                  I don't know that it is for sure, but when Helen was trying to revamp him I believe she said that he had a triple helix, which probably would mean that their genes wouldn't be cross fertile. Two different species. But maybe not! Maybe there are half a dozen little Nikolas!
                  sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
                    Possible, but would they be that thoughtless? I imagine them, being from a different century, more responsible-minded, that they would not risk that there is a child which has to grow up without his father. And there are still condoms.
                    When where prophylactics invented? And the rhythm method depends on the gal telling the truth. Wasn't unheard of for a woman to try and trap a yummy man like these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
                      When where prophylactics invented? And the rhythm method depends on the gal telling the truth. Wasn't unheard of for a woman to try and trap a yummy man like these guys.
                      The condom dates from the 18th century. But not foolproof, and never were!

And with Nigel, for example, who has plenty of time to have a long relationship and lose her to natural causes, there's no reason it can't have been planned. I mean, if he found someone in the 1890s and they died in the 1930s, they could have been 75!
                      sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Condoms are probably half a century old, they may not have been latex but they certainly would have been around during The Five's time.

Of course we know that John and Helen couldn't be bothered by them so perhaps none of them used them. I can actually imagine John not having been romantically involved with anyone after Helen, just because his feelings for her are so strong (and somewhat desperate ). Perhaps there have been lust-filled encounters but he seems to be a bit old-fashioned (with the exception of engaging in premarital intercourse) and most of his actions and thoughts seem to involve Helen. After losing her and their embryo (which he should've been aware of considering the timeline) I think he'd be more cautious if he did bed other women.

If Nikola is based on the real Nikola Tesla I would imagine he wouldn't have any kids walking around, either because he wasn't involved with many women or because he would have used protection. If he does have offspring he probably wouldn't know about them considering how he always refers to himself as the last vampire. I would imagine his children would have the same (dormant) genes and he would have made sure to vamp them, like he did his other projects and even himself.

Nigel obviously had no one he knew of besides Anna, otherwise he would have told Magnus about it like he did in her case.

As for Watson... I'm not sure. I guess it depends on how strong his feelings for Helen were and if/when they acted upon them. It's quite possible he didn't see other women until they were over (if they actually had a relationship at one time) and I would imagine a man of his intelligence would practice safe sex. If he had settled down at one time to start a family, I would imagine Helen would know about it as they were close friends and he was heading the London Sanctuary. He would have probably asked her to inform his offspring/family when he was dying, or she would have mentioned it afterwards.
                        On FFnet or AO3

Comment

I imagine John probably uses the "slit her throat" method of birth control.

Comment

condoms have been around for hundreds of years. In the 'good old days' they were sheep intestines and one term for them was french letters I think.

it's only in the last century that they were made of non-organic rubber and latex type things

as to druitt leading any anti human crusade, well if he's got the electro still in him he'd be anti human.

I also recall him being rather impatient with helen's 'help people' including some intolerance towards humans, unless i'mmaking it up in my mind.

it would also be one heck of a whammy for helen
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I was rather shocked that Helen chose the Sanctuary network over her only child. She wait over a 100 years to have Ashley. The Network could always be rebuilt or freed from the Cabal.

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post

Comment

Nigel seemed to live the most norm life compared to the others. If Nikola were to have children I'd be annoyed.

Vampires are suppose to be undead and not have children the normal way. And I don't care what Twillight has to say about that. Vampires should not sparkle nor have biological children.

James, because his mind grew to new heights, I always thought could not have children because his body focused all its energy on his mental abilities. All the blood and power sort of rushed north, if you will.

And John... if he did have sex with women other than Helen, he probably killed them afterwards. Yikes. His strong love for Helen seems to be the only thing that helped him prevent the creature from killing her.

Comment

Working...
                                X