No announcement yet.

Season 4 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting to see that the finale is called ''Sanctuary for None'' and a longer title too.

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
      He's too young! Will can't be thirty yet. There's no way he's ready to run an organization of that size and complexity. Certainly in the real world he'd never be given that responsibility yet because he wouldn't have the experience necessary. Declan is in his early forties, and that's much more realistic.
      He has to be over 30.

Comment

I agree, especially if he's a psychiatrist (and not a psychologist). He just doesn't look like he's over 30 years old because he acts so immature most of the time and dresses like he's still in his twenties (not that there's anything wrong with that in general, but his outfits are just meh).
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
          I agree, especially if he's a psychiatrist (and not a psychologist). He just doesn't look like he's over 30 years old because he acts so immature most of the time and dresses like he's still in his twenties (not that there's anything wrong with that in general, but his outfits are just meh).
          Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought his mother's tombstone said that she died in 1988. And we saw way back in Sanctuary for All that Will was a preschooler when she died. If that's true, he can't have been born before 1983?
          sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

The kid looked to be about 7 to me (can't find the actor's age) in his flashbacks and his mother died in 1985.

Will's mother.JPG

So he'd be from 1978, making him 33 years old. Even if he was only five at the time he's still be 31.
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
              The kid looked to be about 7 to me (can't find the actor's age) in his flashbacks and his mother died in 1985.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32900[/ATTACH]

So he'd be from 1978, making him 33 years old. Even if he was only five at the time he's still be 31.
              Oh cool! I only had a look at the tombstone in the episode, and it looked like 88 to me. Thanks. But even if he's in his early thirties, he's still awfully young for it. People don't generally run multinational nonprofits until they're in their forties or fifties.
              sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Yeah, he has about a tenth of Magnus' life experience... and not even that really, since her life was far more eventful and very different when she was his age.
                On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Will was 8 when his mother died, I think Magnus mentioned that in the pilot. I don`t think Will should be cut out of the running for Sanctuary head just because of his age. He should be out of the running because he`s Will.

Comment

IMO the Tesla/Adam scene was stuck in to explain to the slower fans why Tesla sounded different in the flashbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackandal View Post
                      Will was 8 when his mother died, I think Magnus mentioned that in the pilot. I don`t think Will should be cut out of the running for Sanctuary head just because of his age. He should be out of the running because he`s Will.
                      You're right!

HELEN
                      Since you were eight years old, actually... when you told the world a monster killed your mother.

Unless he told the world after he'd turned eight, but I guess it fits.
                      On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Going to have to rewatch that episode then as I can't remember which flashback you're referring to. Not a problem though since it's one of my favorite episodes.

IMO the Tesla/Adam scene was stuck in to explain to the slower fans why Tesla sounded different in the flashbacks.

Comment

Amen. He just doesn't have enough experience nor control over his emotions to be leading such a big organization. Declan is far better prepared for such a task. Plus he doesn't make me want to reach through the tv and smack him. I don't hate Will by any means but I do find him really, really annoying at times.

Comment

Declan does seem to have the experience and maturity to make him a good 'second in command'
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              I ahve my speculation about Magnus' secret.

First...Druitt is alive. She was in that cave and saved him. Second, her 'secret mission' is to take down whoever or whatever is against them. Someone is pulling the strings at the UN. Someone is behind the sanctions and Villanova. Whether it's a new group of the remnants of the cabal, she's got some very secret enemies. I think, while 'real' magnus was fulfilling her timeline, 'past/future' magnus, the extra one going zen on a mountain, was studying, thinking, investigating and is working on a plan to take down these bad guys once and for all.
                              I do think Druitt is alive, but I'm doubtful it was Helen who saved him. And I do think Helen wasn't just on vacation those 113 years, I bet she has been secretly getting the ready for the Sanctuary to survive going rogue and dealing with the Hollow Earth insurgents and the government. That'd be pretty cool if Cabal remnants had something to do with things, it'd be a nice callback to S1.

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                              I think she does know that John is alive and where he is, but he's still got the energy creature and she doesn't know how to get rid of it. That's the impression I got from the way she looked when Will said, "What's the point of all this anyway if we can't save the people we love?"
                              re the bolded, Ashley anyone? Esp considering Helen essentially chose to save the Sanctuary network over her daughter.

sigpic

Comment

Here's my latest theory on the 'secret'

Will isn't will. During the camp uprising, our Will was replaced by a shape shifter or he was possessed or something. He's infiltrated the sanctuary as an agent for the 'we want to take over the surface' abnormals.

there are four factions in play here

Magnus's group, aiming for coexistence and mutual respect/separation
                                the 'just let us go home and leave us alone' abnormals from hollow earth
                                the 'the surface is ours and we're taking it' abnormals from hollow earth
                                the cabal/ 'anti-abnormal' they're only good as slaves or test subjects movement

Will's attitude about not risking abby, it does kinda fit in line with the 'the surface is ours let us take it' abnormals. What if his actions towards the end were less 'omg, don't risk my girlfriend's life' and more that of a person conflicted between a goal ' realizing the birth of a new species' and his feelings towards the human host?

I guess the point of my ramble, helen knows that her network has been infiltrated. But she also knows that if she stops the infiltration in the beginning she'll just be invaded again. She needs to trace it back to its origin. And to do that she needs to let it play out. which is what she's doing, letting it happen, but keeping an eye on it to keep it from going so far as to wreck things and to also figure out the source.

wouldn't it be a kicker if druitt is at the head of the 'let's take over the world' faction?
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X