No announcement yet.

Season 4 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it's just that it's now season 4 and they want to try new things, stir things up a bit. ??? And see what types of reactions they get?

I too am kind of skeptical about the musical ep, but at the same time I'm curious to see what they do with it and I'm willing to give it a chance.
    sigpic
    Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

i have this kind of sick fascination in seeing them *trying* to sing , but at the same time hoping it reeeally works and rocks the socks.

if any of them can carry a tune, then good for them and having the guts to even try!

(i watched the coming attractions after 'icebreaker' ended, and that's the only tease i'm going to see. i want to be surprised! )
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Abnormal View Post
        That there will be no season 5 maybe? Seems like they test everything for no reason but "if we don't do it now, it may very well be too late".
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dixie_Vampiress View Post
          I shall be going into "Fugue" expecting the worst and hoping for the best.
          In my world, that's know as the Catherine Willows Theory (from CSI) - "expect the worst. That way, you're never disappointed - and sometimes nicely surprised. "

As for "Fugue" - I'm expecting a lot of Will/Abby, so I know I'll be annoyed anyway, so I'm deciding that I'll be happy enough just to hear AT sing. And Helen's dad is supposed to be in this one, right? Maybe it's a flashback of he & Helen singing back in the day. I can only hope. I only wish it would include Helen's mom as well. A Magnus family musical would be so lovely. ... yes, I know - I'm dreaming.
          sigpic

Comment

The Bollywood dancing scene really made me cringe. I was impressed that Robin could do it and keep from cracking up. I wish the writers would give us more on The Five, especially how they met and their time at Oxford, Henry's past, and special abnormals. I'm not crazy about musical episodes on non-musical shows but am keeping an open mind about Fugue.

Comment

I wonder if bringing back the Mogoi in Icebreaker means we get them again later at the end of the season. After all - they did bring the rest back to the Sanctuary. Bad things are bound to happen from that decision.

I must say that I very much miss John so far this season - even though Chris has been around as Biggie (and he also had a great part in Hell on Wheels on AMC). I know we've had a Watson episode, as well as Tesla this season (with more to come) but I'm really missing The Five. I vote for a spin-off of The Five.
              sigpic

Comment

Same here. I feel bad for them. And Rocky, it seems to me that they're just trying something new for the sake of trying something new, which I find useless. But that's my opinion. I love changes and new experiences, but only when it's coherent.
                Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                Seems odd Sanctuary is pulling out all the stops this season. First a lesbian kiss and now a musical ep..what's up? Fans have been asking for years about the first (mainly about Helen's past lovers with AT hinting it could be female as much as male) so why now? Why not leave it alone? Kinda like how fans wanted to see a little more chemistry between Sam and Jack but the writers were forever teasing fans. Are the dream team throwing everything out there for a reason? To draw new fans in to muster ratings? Or perhaps they know something about season 5 that we don't...yet.
                I for one am happy they're trying new things this season, and for me personally, it's great because it's refreshing, and it's new to them, as much it is for the fans. I love how this show continues to take massive leaps of faith, and raise the bar every week with what it brings to the screen, and perhaps that's why other sci-fi shows flop. Because they use the same style every week. Sanctuary, surely doesnt, and that's why sci-fi shows do so well.

The show is boundlessly versatile and has a lot of directions it can go in. The one show where we can in no possible way even begin to anticipate anything from week to week. A complete artistic adventure every episode, It know how to raise the bar every week, and yet knows how to stay unique and unpredictable. And the fact that there are so many unique writers and directors on team, means fresh ideas, and it can re-tool old ideas and make them seem new. Plus, their episodes are never simply made. Always done with quite a few twists and turns.

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
                  I must say that I very much miss John so far this season - even though Chris has been around as Biggie (and he also had a great part in Hell on Wheels on AMC). I know we've had a Watson episode, as well as Tesla this season (with more to come) but I'm really missing The Five. I vote for a spin-off of The Five.
                  Yes, yes, YES!! That would be beyond awesome!

Comment

a spin-off of the five!

but my own spin on it... somehow watson's been returned to the living, and the five, plus henry are thrown into the future, about 50 to 75 years.

~i want to see them be able to go into space
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Unfortunately, you're not...
                      Glad To know lol

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      I'll probably be watching with a margarita at hand
                      I think i might Join you Sky.

Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
                      Another one for your viewing pleasure, Chelle DB

oh.. wow... um.. i have no words..

I wonder if bringing back the Mogoi in Icebreaker means we get them again later at the end of the season. After all - they did bring the rest back to the Sanctuary. Bad things are bound to happen from that decision.

I miss John as well, Brings such a dynamic to the episodes. I love the tension between everyone when hes there you can almost feeling it coming out in waves from he tv lol.

The only think i think can Make this musical episode is if Biggie sings. I may just explode from laughter
                      sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

You have my vote!!
                        sigpic
                        Sign by me

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                          I for one am happy they're trying new things this season, and for me personally, it's great because it's refreshing, and it's new to them, as much it is for the fans. I love how this show continues to take massive leaps of faith, and raise the bar every week with what it brings to the screen, and perhaps that's why other sci-fi shows flop. Because they use the same style every week. Sanctuary, surely doesnt, and that's why sci-fi shows do so well.

The show is boundlessly versatile and has a lot of directions it can go in. The one show where we can in no possible way even begin to anticipate anything from week to week. A complete artistic adventure every episode, It know how to raise the bar every week, and yet knows how to stay unique and unpredictable. And the fact that there are so many unique writers and directors on team, means fresh ideas, and it can re-tool old ideas and make them seem new. Plus, their episodes are never simply made. Always done with quite a few twists and turns.
                          Uh.... I wish I lived in your world Rocky... How can Sanctuary not be a flop? It's Syfy's lowest rated show and it's one of the lowest rated sci-fi shows on TV. I mean don't get me wrong, I love Sanctuary. But... You can't call it a hit just because it's cheap. And you can't ignore it has lost many viewers since season 3 has started, which goes against your theory completely. The fact that you like the path they've decided to take doesn't mean viewers are feeling or have felt the same way.
                          sigpic

Comment

Uh.... I wish I lived in your world Rocky... How can Sanctuary not be a flop? It's Syfy's lowest rated show and it's one of the lowest rated sci-fi shows on TV. I mean don't get me wrong, I love Sanctuary. But... You can't call it a hit just because it's cheap. And you can't ignore it has lost many viewers since season 3 has started, which goes against your theory completely. The fact that you like the path they've decided to take doesn't mean viewers are feeling or have felt the same way.

Comment

I'm not doomin it until I hear. Nor am I losing sleep and wondering how to 'save it' because I can't do that either. I'm just enjoying the rest of this season.

IMHO the show has changed a bit since last year. It's like it's lost some of its spark and life. I'm starting to see cliches and plot holes and plot retreads. I wonderif they just over stretched themselves last year and what we're seeing is a result of that burnout and exhaustion.

Either way, the only thing for me to do is just to watch and enjoy and let the rest take care of itself.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

What's this about a ratings dive?

Comment

Working...
                                X