Sanctuary For None (Part 2) (413)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mackandal View Post
    Helen never said Patricia Heathering was her mother. She said she was Gregory`s wife. That could mean Patricia was his second wife, or that Magnus was an illegitimate child (of course this wouldn`t be highly publicised. Or maybe Bancroft was her name at birth, then she married or somehow changed it to Heathering before marrying Gregory.
    Oh darn it you're right. I just assumed... But really, who can blame me? The way she said it... *d'oh!* But I do like Heathering better than Bancroft. Aesthetically speaking.

Well there we go. Another reason we need a Season 5. So they can explain the difference in name. Huh. Now you have me thinking. Which is so very very dangerous...

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
      What did Addison say as he was looking out across the city at the sanctuary burning?
      Dunno if this has been answered yet, but it was "Hell of an exit..." Totally awed and yet I think a little bummed out that his preconceptions were entirely off the mark...

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
        In re-watching the ending again - I forgot to mention earlier just how appropriate Addison's final comments were

"Hell of an exit"

I like how he ends, showing respect for Magnus like that
        Yeah, me too. I always felt like he respected her and the work she's done even if he didn't agree with it; it's one of the reasons I actually like his character. From what I understand of this episode is that even he disagreed with killing the HE Abnormals and using Tesla's inventions for evil. I also think he could have had her killed from the beginning even before he introduced himself to her if he wanted her out of his way, but it seemed like he really wanted to work with her or have her work for him. He never quite seemed to understand her rejection until perhaps this episode.

I like how they added this comment at the end; it makes him less of a bastard.
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
          Yeah, me too. I always felt like he respected her and the work she's done even if he didn't agree with it; it's one of the reasons I actually like his character. From what I understand of this episode is that even he disagreed with killing the HE Abnormals and using Tesla's inventions for evil. I also think he could have had her killed from the beginning even before he introduced himself to her if he wanted her out of his way, but it seemed like he really wanted to work with her or have her work for him. He never quite seemed to understand her rejection until perhaps this episode.
          Yeah, I can't believe I had some respect for him in this one. It makes me wonder who the a-hole of a president would be that he was talking to, since even Addison didn't agree with the guy. I wish they would have shown the guy.

Maybe it was John Druitt!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
            I agree that the kiss looked a bit like that but that's the weird thing about it; why the kiss if there wasn't a real threat? It's not like they were in a (committed) relationship or anything!
            I am a Teslen shipper but even I agree that that kiss looked fishy
            I hate near-death confessions so it better not be it!
            It really looked like Nikola was expecting the kiss - he wasn't surprised at least - so maybe they hooked up after Chimera?

Either way, I really liked sober (in all the meanings of this word ) Nikola in this episode!
            "Are you like, a crazy person?"
            "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

I was just re-watching the kiss once again. From how Helen brings her arms up to him, it seems that she was going to give him a hug instead of a kiss, and then he (or maybe she) at the last minute switched things up. It's not the first time he's tricked her like that.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
                Either way, I really liked sober (in all the meanings of this word ) Nikola in this episode!
                What I like about Nikola is that for all his world domination plans he always seems to want a 'peaceful' solution; or at least he seems reluctant to build weapons of mass destruction (he doesn't mind some casualties along the way but not entire races).

So I really love his indignation about his device not being meant to kill! At first he's calm and reluctantly admits what Henry suggests is possible and then when it sinks in he's furious! "It's not what it was meant for!"
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

^ Yep, I too enjoyed him shouting
                  "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                  "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Wow, Magnus actually did put Will in his place. I didnt really catch it the first time around.

Will: "I just wish I could have been a part of it, after everything we have been through together"
                    Magnus: "Everything outlives its purpose Will."

Though I am very sure that was a reference to Magnus asking him to be her Moral compass at the beginning of Season 2. She kept repeating that she wants Will to speak his mind, finally she tells him to shut up. Hopefully.

Also my heart dropped when Tesla called Henry by Name, I thought that this was it now and that Tesla is dead meat. At least that didnt happen. Biggie is enough of a loss.
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

A very intense episode with lots of touching moments. The Biggie part is one of them, and the other is the scene when Will & Abby watching the Sanctuary being burnt down. I went all misty-eyed at that scene. I love the house, so many memories and it's now down to ashes.

For the 'missing' Teslen scenes I felt cheated as well! All the time I was waiting for the moment and then "POOOFF", time's up! I think there are still much to be told in the story and yet has to be deleted to fit the stupid time slot.

I believe Tesla knows the location of the new Sanctuary because he was carrying the tablet when leaving Helen. She might have already stored the location map information for Tesla and Henry to find her. And for the kiss I feel a little bit OOC for Helen to kiss Tesla under such a circumstances. I feel like it's there just to make the Teslen shippers happy but anyway I enjoy that.

I have to watch the episode again to clear some of my doubts but it looks like a series rather than a season finale for me. Of course that are still questions waiting to be answered but isn't a tad cliffhanging according to past seasons' standards. I'm afraid this would be the end of the series . Hope we have a definite answer after the holidays.

Friday nights won't be the same again without The Sanctuary.
                      sigpic
                      Sign by me

Comment

I'm thinking, from seeing the promo screens, that the kiss would have made more sense if we'd seen that deleted scene because it looked like they were being serious and perhaps a tad emotional, not just bantering like they've done lately.
                        On FFnet or AO3

Comment

I still don't feel comfortable with Will. I still think he's not ready for the responsibilties that Helen seems to bestow on him.
                          The political aspects in the show did not surprise me. I've never liked politically based stories and this is no exception but I wasn't surprised by any of it. Actually, I'm surprised politics hadn't come into play sooner. Addison is a tool...in more ways than one. He's bad but he's being played. I don't like him, I don't trust him but I think he's working blind.
                          Caleb is a creep...please tell me that others saw what was coming...loved his demise...very fitting...Helen totally screwed him over!!
                          Tesla..OMG...that man is delicious! I love how he said "Well done Henry" He really does love & respect Henry.
                          Bruno...yep, still love him. A bit of a weasel but still loveable! "I wanted to test the absorbancy of paper towels"
                          Here's a thought - why can't the abnormals from Hollow Earth visit the surface without bringing attention to themsleves? I mean except for obvious things like their physical appearance but abby's like Caleb could walk the surface without needing to take it over...just thinking.
                          Ok, the maiden name thing - I reckon it's just TPTB forgetting the name they used in Warriors...I don't think Helen was adopted, or a secret love child or anything like that.
                          Love the reveal about the Wall Street shut down.
                          Source blood in Praxis?? What?? How, what, where did I miss this?
                          Coober Pedy - Opals!!! that was the Australian connection? That and a sanctuary in Brisbane? Well ok I can see why Helen needed a Sanctuary In BrisVegas.
                          Love the line Helen delivered to Will...who by the way, I still don't like his need to know everything...seems a little too pushy but that's just my feeling on the matter. - "Now do you see why your ego was the least of my worries"...talk about hitting the nail on the head. Thank you Helen. Humbled Will a little though.
                          Oh my dear Biggie - saw this coming...knew he was gonna be good. And I would put my money on him being alive...he certainly appeared to be when Helen found him...even if only just.
                          Helen definitely cleared some of her most precious items out of the Sanctuary before she blew it...Ashley's pics are not in her office. I wonder how many other things she kept or had acquired duplicates of during her 113 years away?
                          Henry & Tesla working together & going abby...totally cool!
                          Abbey was pretty good...much better writing of her character in this ep.
                          Helen getting whumped...ouch! She almost appeared to have this look of fear on her face...like she thought maybe she wasn't going to make it.
                          Lets hope Addisons words aren't prophetic - "Hell of an exit" - would hate for this to be the end of the series but hell of a way to end it if it was.
                          Kate seems so much more calmer in these last few eps...Garis must have tamed her a little.
                          What did Will mean when Abbey said "I'm sure Magnus..." and then Will says "no, no she's not"...does he believe she's dead or is he saying it to convince others she's dead??
                          When he went into the tunnels at the ned, I got the impression it was some time after the Sanctuary was destroyed.
                          Which is why I think Helen looks much much more rested and relaxed and happy.

Ok so normally I would be positive but I really don't feel so great about the chances of Sanctuary returning for a 5th season but I really really really hope I am wrong.
                          This finale didn't end with a cliff hanger - questions yes but not a cliffhanger. It felt like MAD & co wrapped it up neatly in the evnt they not get the renewal. I think this is what bought me down while watching the end of this episode.
                          But if I had to give it a rating out of 10 I would give it a 9...it lost the 1 point with not showing us the rest of the team happy in the new Sanctuary...which btw, is a pretty Sanctuary as I admit I really didn't think much of the old one.
                          And with Brisbane Sanctuary now being sold off, my Melbourne one is up and running!
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Oh yeah...the Tesla/Helen kiss....FABULOUS!!! Still a John/Helen shipper but also love shipping Tesla & Helen...so that was magic for me. It has to return for a season 5 if only to visit that relationship more.
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Just where is this new Sanctuary? At least it looks like they screwed up the Dimensions somewhat. Will enterd the Sewers, through a Door and the path didnt seem to go further underground either. So how the heck did they end up at the bottom of a huge underground Dome?
                              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                              There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                                Caleb is a creep...please tell me that others saw what was coming...loved his demise...very fitting...Helen totally screwed him over!!
                                He was scary but also kinda hot. I liked his ending, it was much darker than we'd previously seen. I know they said this season would be darker but overall I think it was just more violent (Biggie's beating and Caleb's ending as examples in this season). I'd expected more than just that when hearing it was much darker, but I still like it; I realize there are limitations to what they can do in the show with it being on Skyfy.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                                Source blood in Praxis?? What?? How, what, where did I miss this?
                                Oh yeah, totally forgot to mention that! I was going 'wtf?' when they said that... I mean, how did they get it inside HE with those vampire detectors? It must have been right after the vampires chased them into hiding and they started building their cities in HE. Thought it was a bit far-fetched that Caleb could have gotten his hands on it, especially with the destruction of Praxis which seemed to be the most important city and would probably be where this blood was being kept...
                                On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X