No announcement yet.

Sanctuary For None (Part 2) (413)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uhm, what happened to the scenes from the promo pics??

Spoiler:

The season finale was quite anticlimactic in my opinion. I think they tried to stuff more things into 40 minutes than they could...
    "Are you like, a crazy person?"
    "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
      Thats really driving me nuts, could anyone please ask Gilian on twitter if one Helen died and another at the end took over? I would do it myself, but I have no twitter account.

Poor Nikola he surely thinks she is dead, I hope she informed him soon.
      There was no other Helen.

Why do you think Henry's invention was included for the last few episodes?
      -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
        There was no other Helen.

Why do you think Henry's invention was included for the last few episodes?
        You made a point, I´m just too excited to think clear.

Comment

What was the point of setting the place to self destruct?
          Helen could detonate it from a safe distance once Caleb was dead.

Comment

I think Helen had to be in the building in order to make SCIU think she was gone in the 'accident'. She was also good bait for Caleb.

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
              I think Helen had to be in the building in order to make SCIU think she was gone in the 'accident'. She was also good bait for Caleb.
              I mean after he was already dead!
              And I don't know of a way for SCIU to know whether she was inside or not. She could detonate from elsewhere as well. In fact, I think it's the first thing coming to mind. She/others would have to prove somehow that Helen was inside. Sounds like more trouble than effect.

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
                I mean after he was already dead!
                And I don't know of a way for SCIU to know whether she was inside or not. She could detonate from elsewhere as well. In fact, I think it's the first thing coming to mind. She/others would have to prove somehow that Helen was inside. Sounds like more trouble than effect.
                Well, Will, Abby and their abnormal friends were all standing outside the Sanctuary when it exploded/burned down and were presumably on their way to her to give the abnormals sanctuary. Therefore they must have known/expected her to be they already knew Will's codes weren't working anymore.
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

It's just that more things point to Helen bein not there during the explosion than otherwise.
                  I also don't quite get why Nikola had to leave her there alone. We saw him creating a really wicked shield around himself in Trail Of Blood. He could have been Helen's failsafe in case the vest doesn't work.

To the grander things - I really missed the public's reaction to the fact that "monsters" live among us. It sort of looked like Helen expected SCIU to cover it up and just wanted to buy some time.

I wish SFN2 was a two-parter. TPTB clearly didn't have enough time to say everything they wanted to say here...

Comment

I never really realized how much I'd come to like Will and Helen in the past few years I've been watching this show. I guess my reluctance towards monster-type media never allowed it to sink in, so I always watched with a sense of distance. It really evolved into a neat, layered story, to where I was wondering about various questions I had all throughout the episode. Before the final reveal I felt tense and teary because I really believed they would end it like that, but I ended up just feeling admiration, and knowing if this is really the end I'll miss it a lot.

If the show continues I'd like to see more storytelling dealing with the fundamental nature and questions of the show, as well as rich character-based material involving Helen, Will, Henry, Druitt, and Tesla. The show works so much better when it takes itself seriously, as opposed to being a monster-of-the-week routine. I'm so glad the writers were able and willing to bring out the potential of the material in this past season. Well done everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
                      The show works so much better when it takes itself seriously, as opposed to being a monster-of-the-week routine. I'm so glad the writers were able and willing to bring out the potential of the material in this past season. Well done everyone.
                      I couldn't have said it better. I really love the quality of this season.
                      (even if the finale feels rushed )

Comment

I have to say this season's premiere and finale were both epic! The rest of the episodes were unfortunately of lesser quality and not as enjoyable, but overall it was a good season.

I didn't want this episode to end! I kept checking how much time was left and I was a bit bummed that the ep was just the regular 42 minutes; it's a finale, why not make it a bit longer?!

Absolutely loved the secret meeting between Helen and Will where she finally put him in his place. I was also wondering if "everything outlives its purpose, Will" was referring to him, her, their working relationship or the Sanctuary in general! I was secretly hoping it meant him and grinned when she said it, but unfortunately he was welcomed back with open arms in the end.

I'm still not sure if Biggie is actually dead or not; it looked like he was still (but barely) alive when Helen found him, so I'm hoping Henry and Nikola have taken him with them when they got out. I liked how they played out Biggie's part - has he truly gone dark side or not - but thought the scene with Bruno in Caleb's office was purely to confuse the viewer and make us think Biggie was evil. Hadn't Magnus told Kate to have Bruno help her out and therefore I assumed he was searching the office for her and not for himself (to steal for profit), like Biggie assumed.

To be honest I thought Biggie couldn't survive the beating he took, even though he's survived poison-tipped bullets in the past; just look at how Caleb crushed that vault-thingy and how people went flying when he and his men used their kinetic energy on someone! Even with Biggie's thick epidermis I doubt his internal organs could take such beatings, especially with the men holding him in place.

I don't know what AD has done in between her leaving for HE and coming back in season four but I find her character much more convincing; not sure if Kate has matured, is better written or if AD has grown as an actress but it's much better in my opinion. Thought the scene with her locked away while Biggie was beaten was very well played.

Still not a fan of Abby, although her performance has gotten better since Fugue. It's just that she still has that same ditsy look about her and the change from cheerleader to capable FBI agent (what happened to Gavin, by the way?) was just too sudden. Would have preferred it if she'd turned out evil so we'd know it had been an act all along, not the transformation just isn't very credible in my opinion.

Was that the same drawer/box where PastHelen kept her guns in in Tempus? Certainly looked familiar! Loved AT's performances throughout the episode (as usual) but there were some moments, like the last look around the office, the girly "Oh!" when Caleb hit her in her office, saying goodbye to Nikola, secret meeting with Will and her standoff with Caleb that were very good.

Speaking of Nikola... I'm curious if Helen Bancroft went to him in the past if they had a fling back then and that's why he's upped the flirting this season (because his memories of the past 113 years have been altered)? I'm not a real shipper but I do like their flirty banter and it just looked like they both expected that kiss, as if it were the most normal thing in the world. Anyway, I liked it. I do wonder though how Nikola is going to react if he finds out that Helen Bancroft wasn't the real Helen Magnus but the 113-year-older version (I assume she told those she knew that Bancroft was her alias since they would have recognized her and she did take younger Magnus' place).

I'm still a bit puzzled over the whole discovery scene with Abby and Will. Why would she name New York among Africa, India and Australia?! And the "Bancroft... Bancroft is Magnus' mother's maiden name" is very confusing too. Helen clearly says in Warrior that Gregory was married to Patricia Heathering. So... was Patricia also her mother or was Helen born out of wedlock (which could explain why she had a sexual relationship with Druitt before they were even married)? Maybe Patricia died and Gregory impregnated his mistress, Helen's mother? Or maybe Helen was adopted as a child? Or... this is my favorite since it doesn't really clash with canon; or maybe the Magnus Will was talking about was actually Gregory and not Helen. Helen Heathering could have been too easy an alias so she took her paternal grandmother's maiden name...

I really enjoyed this finale but I thought it was supposed to end on a cliffhanger? Call me crazy but this isn't a cliffhanger as far as I'm concerned. It almost seems like *knocks wood* they made it an open ending in case of cancellation; if they had gone with Will, Abby, Kate and co standing in the middle of the road or even Addison's last words as the final scene I would have considered it a cliffhanger (and a much better ending too!). Now everything is resolved, they've come full circle and we still don't know the fate of Biggie and Druitt.

I also found myself wondering if this means Kate (and perhaps Garris and other HE Abnormals that weren't allied with Caleb) was actually working on the new Sanctuary and that that was her real assignment and the reason Magnus sent her to HE.

The good thing about this is that Erika can now join them underground and she and Henry can raise their haplet together.

I do hope that if there's another season Abby will either quit the FBI and join the new and improved Sanctuary (and ditches the ditsy attitude) or she'll go away and is out of Will's life because she remains with the bureau and thus can't know the new location of Sanctuary.
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Ok I liked the episode but man did that feel like an END or what?! The new Sanctuary looked AMAZING. I hope we get a S05 and can explore that. But if not that was a good end.

A few thing thou (speacilly if there's a S05), the show seems to go around and around:
                          Abnormal vs humans stories;
                          Abnormals in concetration camps;
                          Virus or liquids that can trigger the abnormal in everyone;

I want something new.

So Magnus interfered BIG time but she didnt save her daughter, her father, Rana or Druitt?
                          Weird.

The scene from the office ended up in the cutting room floor? Disappointed
                          But the kiss was there

Best thing: Tesla and Henry. They are ACE together. SO cool a Vamp and a HAP fighting together

Comment

It's just that more things point to Helen bein not there during the explosion than otherwise.
                            I also don't quite get why Nikola had to leave her there alone. We saw him creating a really wicked shield around himself in Trail Of Blood. He could have been Helen's failsafe in case the vest doesn't work.

To the grander things - I really missed the public's reaction to the fact that "monsters" live among us. It sort of looked like Helen expected SCIU to cover it up and just wanted to buy some time.

I wish SFN2 was a two-parter. TPTB clearly didn't have enough time to say everything they wanted to say here...
                            I'm thinking that Helen knew Will had (finally) discovered what she'd been up to and thus would somehow know how to find the location of the new Sanctuary in case she wouldn't make it. I really think that forcing Henry and Nikola to leave and activating the self-destruct was part of her in-case-I-don't-make-it plan. To me it seemed she was willing to blow up the Sanctuary with her and Caleb in it if she couldn't kill him in time and with the vest being there she saw a way out (because from the start of the scene with Nikola in the lab I got the impression the vest wasn't supposed to still be there).
                            On FFnet or AO3

Comment

The good thing about this is that Erika can now join them underground and she and Henry can raise their haplet together.
                              Haplet! Love it!

I don't believe Helen went on a suicide mission It was not necessary, I am sure she could have thought of a better plan in all that time.

Comment

Uhm, what happened to the scenes from the promo pics??

Spoiler:

I was totally waiting for that Teslen scene to be the ending. Someone on Twitter (@SanctuarySeries, I think ) did mention that there would be many extras on the dvd, and that this could have been a 2-hour special in itself.

The season finale was quite anticlimactic in my opinion. I think they tried to stuff more things into 40 minutes than they could...
                                ITA. I was kinda bored for the first half of this epi - except for the Biggie & Magnus whumpings. I actually liked part 1 better. That's usually NEVER the case for me.

On a different note - the whole 'bringing them to the Sanctuary to trap & kill them' reminded me of a repeat of the 'Super Ashley Gang' & their attack on the Sanctuary - complete with Magnus ending up on the floor.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X