No announcement yet.

Untouchable (403)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This episode restored my faith (which was shaken only slightly by Uprising's plot) in the Sanctuary TPTB. I hadn't been spoilered, but the moment Erica had given that little smile, with "we have to talk", I was like-- holy crap. They aren't. Please tell me... Ohp. They did. But Biggie's reaction was THE BEST! That shot of him before the credits rolled made me do a complete 180. No joke. One second I was on the verge of bemoaning shark jumping, the next I'm laughing my ass off. Totally sold.

Of course Addison was an @$$hole. But the whole episode I was like... there's something more going on here. And then I was like "you can't tell me Magnus sat on her butt for 113 years and DIDNT see this coming." so while I wasn't really surprised by the twists and turns, I was totally satisfied.

I'm especially pleased with Will's role this week. The promos totally made it look like he was going to be pansy wussy dude all manipulated by the Addison guy into going against Magnus, because of course she has *secrets*. GASP! But when he used his profiling skills to turn the tables, and played the fawning acolyte beautifully until the punchline was revealed... well, I could think was that our little boy was all growed up. (and of course, with Henry becoming an expecting father, I guess both our boys are growed up ).

The "Come back here, and I'll arrange to have you eaten" was BRILLIANT. I blame the humor on her 113 year long zen going on, because I don't think the old Helen would have said that, but I'm totally not complaining.

I will admit I was a little concerned when I saw that the Crixorum was still at the Sanctuary, sedated and restrained-- it's totally not what the Sanctuary is meant to be. But at the same time, the Crixorum is totally dangerous, and a threat to everyone on the planet, and the fact that he'd refused Magnus' offer made it a little more acceptable. I was afraid that Magnus had gone back on her word, tricked him into trusting her just to get him trapped within the Sanctuary.

So, I'm not sure how I feel about that. Necessary evil? Maybe. Selling their souls? More likely. An interesting plot twist/potential character development point, if nothing else.

BTW, the promo for next week... "She's off getting her Bond on." AWESOME!!!

Last season she took hostages, this season she *is* a hostage = FUN

heheheheh.... Can't wait!

Comment

Was a good episode, though all the twists and lying made the story a bit too complicated!

I'm confused about Henry and Erika though........ I thought they broke up in Wingman? And now she turns up pregnant and he's happy?

Comment

I don't think they really broke up. They just weren't ready to give up their individual lives for each other yet. Erika didn't want to go back to living in a facility for Abnormals, and Henry didn't want to give up the Old City Sanctuary and the family he had there. But they still loved each other.

And even if they did break up, I don't think Henry would ever be *not* happy to be a Dad. Not with RyRo as his actor .

Comment

Steve Jobs mention in the episode rubbed me the wrong way... I mean the guy just died let him RIP
          Otherwise the whole episode was a great exposition for future stories

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
            Steve Jobs mention in the episode rubbed me the wrong way... I mean the guy just died let him RIP
            Otherwise the whole episode was a great exposition for future stories
            The episode was filmed 5 months before he died
            -

Comment

apparently henry and erika were 'long distance friends with benefits', which explains the impending Haplet.

part of what annoyed me, beyond addison being an assison was the tech girl just 'draw us up some patent documens, kay', meaning 'give us how to make this so we can patent it and basically steal your creation from you. (that's how I interpreted it anyway). IMHO, it was very much a takeover where they were going to come in and find an excuse to run it all and expected the sanctuary crew to just lie down and take it.

Helen saw stuff like this as inevitable so laid the groundwork to break away.

I think this means they'll be more discreet, more in the shadows, more sneak in and sneak out. which kinda makes more sense than the whole 'unofficially sanctioned' cause it was a bit unrealistic that they'd get away with it for decades.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                apparently henry and erika were 'long distance friends with benefits', which explains the impending Haplet.

part of what annoyed me, beyond addison being an assison was the tech girl just 'draw us up some patent documens, kay', meaning 'give us how to make this so we can patent it and basically steal your creation from you. (that's how I interpreted it anyway). IMHO, it was very much a takeover where they were going to come in and find an excuse to run it all and expected the sanctuary crew to just lie down and take it.

I think this means they'll be more discreet, more in the shadows, more sneak in and sneak out. which kinda makes more sense than the whole 'unofficially sanctioned' cause it was a bit unrealistic that they'd get away with it for decades.
                Yeah, I interpreted it the same way. I guess they thought since the were giving financial support the had the right to all the creations. Following that train of thought it would seem the government would think the have rights to anyone the give grants to. The UN can't even handle normals, how could they think the can handle abnormals? <<sigh>>
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                  Yeah, I interpreted it the same way. I guess they thought since the were giving financial support the had the right to all the creations. Following that train of thought it would seem the government would think the have rights to anyone the give grants to. The UN can't even handle normals, how could they think the can handle abnormals? <<sigh>>
                  I interpreted it the same as well. I thought it was bull, and it was part of how I saw the end twist coming. I mean, there's no way Magnus would stand for it. And as far as the annoying tech chick went-- sorry, I don't care if you get to beta technology two years before it's on the "grey market". It'd be so much more fun to MAKE the technology rather than BETA it, and to create it with the guy who discovered Alternating Current is just icing on the cake. Can't get much cooler than that. So she can bite me.

Comment

The problem is that nowadays if you piss off the government they can label you a terrorist and goodbye all your civil rights. Heck, nowadays the so called democratic governments order hits on their citizens all in the name of state security

Comment

I liked this ep very much. It reminded me of ST: Voyager's Counterpoint.
                      I think Sanctuary is gaining quality this season!
                      "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                      "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Ok, well this was better than "Uprising". Wasn't the best episode ever, but it was pretty good.

A few random comments:

I missed Kate . I'm sure she would've had a few things to say to Addison...

I didn't expect them to actually go with the whole Erika being pregnant thing. That whole scene was quite funny though.

Nice to know what baseball team bigfoot roots for, lol.

Loved Henry's "Dude, it's not ok to sniff another guy's girlfriend!" line.

Also loved the Tesla mention and the woman's reaction to it.

AWESOME threat from Helen! Amanda's acting was great in that scene, well, it was great in the entire episode, really.

I enjoyed the twists and turns. Hope the rest of the season is this interesting!

Comment

Very confused about Henry and Erika being back in a steady relationship all of a sudden after breaking up. Though I can`t say I blame the writers for wanting to forget WIngman ever happened. Kind of disappointed that we won`t get to see Henry Jr for a while though. I loved how sarcastic Helen`s lines were. "Oh right, because you`ve been doing this for 100 years like us." lol

Comment

part of what annoyed me, beyond addison being an assison was the tech girl just 'draw us up some patent documens, kay', meaning 'give us how to make this so we can patent it and basically steal your creation from you.
                            What made me laugh was that I think she asked him to have TESLA draw up some schematics and patent documents. I can just imagine poor Henry trying to A: find out where in the world he is now and B: convince him to do it for them. The UN realy had NO idea what they were getting into.

Comment

Originally posted by Dixie_Vampiress View Post
                              Nice to know what baseball team bigfoot roots for, lol.
                              It was mentioned in Metamorphosis.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackandal View Post
                                What made me laugh was that I think she asked him to have TESLA draw up some schematics and patent documents. I can just imagine poor Henry trying to A: find out where in the world he is now and B: convince him to do it for them. The UN realy had NO idea what they were getting into.
                                LOL, that's what I was thinking!

Originally posted by Mackandal View Post
                                It was mentioned in Metamorphosis.
                                Really? Hmm, I've only seen that one once.

Comment

Working...
                                X