Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode Folder (NO spoiler tags needed unless it's for a future eppy)
    * Season 4 folder
    (each episode gets their own thread - unlocked as episode 1st airs)
    * Season 3 folder
    (each episode gets its own thread - just like it is now)
    so on and so forth.... The Episode Folder stays the same as it is now

Season 4 folder (NO spoiler tags needed)
    * News/Reviews/Articles/tweets/etc thread- ANYTHING pertaining to season 4
    * Discussion thread- Anything pertaining to season 4 discussion

General Folder (YES spoiler tags needed in all folders)
    * General Discussion thread- Post any non spoilers news, tweets (ex. hey saw Chris H
    walking down the sidewalk eating ice cream), general discussion on any sanctuary topic for
    any season, but remember must tag the spoilers.
    * (each individual character/ship/thunk threads)
    * game thread
    * fanfic thread
    * Artwork thread
    so on and so forth ... pretty much like it is now with the exception listed in s4 folder above

Spoiler sections and Non spoiler section are clearly separated. There are only 2 discussion threads (one with spoiler tags and one without). General Discussion thread has general news included. Since most news are spoilers - the Spoiler news thread is grouped with the Spoiler Discussion thread in the season 4 folder.
    Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 25 September 2011, 04:32 PM.

Comment

i'm loving the talk and ideas going round.

my biggest hope is that it's all 'simple' and user-friendly.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

are we going to return to making plans?
        sally

sigpic

Comment

I think Sky had personal stuff. I know I did. Honestly, I don't care anyway. If I find too much chitchat for my taste I'll just go to the spoiler site. Some days the tolerance is higher than others...and some days I want to join in. Eh.
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
            I think Sky had personal stuff. I know I did. Honestly, I don't care anyway. If I find too much chitchat for my taste I'll just go to the spoiler site. Some days the tolerance is higher than others...and some days I want to join in. Eh.
            i find this is all too planning and not enough doing. i'm losing interest and care. all i know is i'm not going to go on a hunt to find a place to talk about a spoiler, so i just won't talk about it.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

How about making a suggestion instead of complaining?

You can easily find a thread by subscribing to it and making a folder for it in your control panel, you could also book mark it. I've also been posting links to the discussion threads when I post news or spoilers.
              -

Comment

sorry guys, I had some personal stuff to deal with this week. Let me compile the suggestions down and put up a poll.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Option one

Episode Folder (NO spoiler tags needed unless it's for a future eppy)
                  * Season 4 folder
                  (each episode gets their own thread - unlocked as episode 1st airs)
                  * Season 3 folder
                  (each episode gets its own thread - just like it is now)
                  so on and so forth.... The Episode Folder stays the same as it is now

Season 4 folder (NO spoiler tags needed)
                  * News/Reviews/Articles/tweets/etc thread- ANYTHING pertaining to season 4
                  * Discussion thread- Anything pertaining to season 4 discussion

General Folder (YES spoiler tags needed in all folders)
                  * General Discussion thread- Post any non spoilers news, tweets (ex. hey saw Chris H
                  walking down the sidewalk eating ice cream), general discussion on any sanctuary topic for
                  any season, but remember must tag the spoilers.
                  * (each individual character/ship/thunk threads)
                  * game thread
                  * fanfic thread
                  * Artwork thread
                  so on and so forth ... pretty much like it is now with the exception listed in s4 folder above

Spoiler sections and Non spoiler section are clearly separated. There are only 2 discussion threads (one with spoiler tags and one without). General Discussion thread has general news included. Since most news are spoilers - the Spoiler news thread is grouped with the Spoiler Discussion thread in the season 4 folder.
                  Option two

OK here's a suggestion based around what seems to be the two underlying problems (people not being able to find threads easily and people wanting sub folders to tidy things up a bit).

If you have a couple of folders for Character threads, games & fan works etc like in the Stargate section, you'll move over a third of the active threads and people will be able to find the other general type threads easily. Also if you move the live discussion episode threads to the Episode Season folders it will tidy things up a little too (I think some were at one stage).

I suggest leaving most of everything else the same as it is now, minimum change for maximum satisfaction. Maybe merge the Sanctuary -Reviews & Articles #Announcements ONLY# thread and the Sanctuary - Actor News & Appearances into one Sanctuary News Announcement thread. Spoilers need to be tagged as it is now and discussion can take place in the Sanctuary Discussion thread.

The main Sanctuary Discussion thread should be easily found if you move the character & games etc threads to sub folders but for those who still find it difficult then there are several methods to make it easier, subscribe to the thread, sticky the thread or put links to the thread in the posts. All are fairly simple remedies and will result in both sides of the split news and spoiler threads issue being satisfied.

As above, leave the spoiler announcement thread and discussion thread separate and use whatever technique for easy access is decided on above.

Do we need a poll or are folks ok just saying yay or nay in the thread?
                  Last edited by Skydiver; 02 October 2011, 04:06 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    Thus far, and maybe i'm seeing this wrong, I see one set of suggestions. And that was Ann's.

So, I think the vote is.....leave things the way they are or rearrange them as per Ann's suggestion.

Do we need a poll or are folks ok just saying yay or nay in the thread?
                    What about my suggestion? http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...1#post12928666
                    Last edited by RealmOfX; 02 October 2011, 03:51 PM.
                    -

Comment

I just didn't see it, sorry. I've amended my post above. thanks for pointing it out.

sigpic

Comment

I see potential problems with Ann's suggestion re the news being split into spoiler or non spoiler. If it has spoilers it goes in the Season 4 folder area and if it doesn't it goes into the General discussion thread.

1) news often has both spoiler parts and non spoiler parts, if you post it in the proposed Season 4 thread based on it has some spoilers in it then those who don't read spoilers won't see the non spoiler news. As it is now news requires spoiler to be tagged or a warning that the linked article contains spoilers.
                        2) the people who have problems deciding where to post something now are still going to have that problem and will probably just end up making duplicate posts
                        -

Comment

Ok, since not many folks were voicing specific ideas, the mods and I tweaked the suggestions. Please bear with us, this isn't set in stone and we'll tweak as we go.

Generally speaking, if it's to do with season four, put it in that folder. Each episode thread will be stickied for a period of time and then it'll be 'survival of the fittest'.

If you feel like making a 'side thread' about some aspect of a season 4 episode, please do so. just please consider 'is this a topic that can stand on its own'....in other words, if it's a topic that'll last 3 posts, try keeping it in the thread about that episode (just something to be aware of, we won't police unless we have to)

If you do make a side thread, use this template for an example: "The Villagers' Spoilers for Normandy (in other words mark the episode you're spoiling and try to keep spoilers out of the title. Something like 'How Afina died' is an example of a bad title.

Spoiler tags are not necessarily needed, as long as the spoilers are clearly marked. For example, in the thread for episode 409, anything up to and including 409 is free game, but tag stuff for 410 - 413.

In the general area however, any and all spoilers must be tagged. The general area is a spoiler free zone.

So....let's give it a try. We'll adjust as needed and tweak as we go.

sigpic

Comment

Sounds good Sky. Thanks for your time and efforts on this.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                              Ditto - sounds good to me too! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                                Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                                Ditto - sounds good to me too! Thanks!
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X