Will Ashley ever return?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Ashley ever return?

I get why the character was killed off, but the mother-daughter dynamic was the main draw for me. When she was killed off, it was never the same. I still like the show, but... it took something away from the overall experience. I would love to see Ashley return in at some point for at least one episode. Do you think the writers would ever go for that? I mean, look how Kes left Star Trek: Voyager. She evolved into an energy blob and hurled the ship ten years closer to Earth. After a three-year absence, the writers still managed to bring her back for a special guest appearance. So, I say... bring Ashley back! I can think of many ways in which she could return for a stand-alone episode or perhaps in a recurring role. Surely the writers can cook something up.

They had cooked up a story. whether or not it still fits into the show's mythos I don't know. I'd even come up with a way she could come back for one episode, but I dont' know if they really want to revisit it now that a year has gone by.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

With all the flashbacks they could easily do an episode with a younger Ashley. I would love it if we got to see her again. After "wingman" I was beginning to think they wanted to avoid talking about her (with that so being a clips show) but I was glad in "into the blue"
      Spoiler:
      her memory memory played a part.

I would love it if they brought her back for flashbacks or whatnot, but I'd leave it to the writers' best judgment on if it even fits...

Comment

I'm a firm believer that dead is dead. But with Ash I could make an exception. I also think the show lost a lot. S02 for me was a mess. S03 was more solid. They could easelly (sp) do a backstory ep and have her back. Or they could use the time traveling story and bring her back permenantly.
        But I don't think they'll do it.

Comment

Boy, I should not have opened this thread.. just started watching the series.

Comment

I actually like it when shows like this change the cast around a bit, and as of season 3 I am starting to like Kate, it would be good to see Ash again, but not permanently.

Comment

Originally posted by Kab View Post
              Boy, I should not have opened this thread.. just started watching the series.
              Wasn't the title spoilerish enough?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                They had cooked up a story. whether or not it still fits into the show's mythos I don't know. I'd even come up with a way she could come back for one episode, but I dont' know if they really want to revisit it now that a year has gone by.
                What if that was just lip service from TPTB? IMHO they've never intended to bring her back, they just tried to appease the fans

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                  What if that was just lip service from TPTB? IMHO they've never intended to bring her back, they just tried to appease the fans
                  AT made it sound like the story they had evolved to not having her and it also sounded like they wanted her for Out of the Blue but EU was busy.

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                    AT made it sound like the story they had evolved to not having her and it also sounded like they wanted her for Out of the Blue but EU was busy.
                    Yeah, she also said in a recent interview that we fans will never be privy to all the reasons that go into why an actor joins or leaves a production, so let me be suspicious about AT's statements regarding EU (she can't tell us everything that went on with changing EU, and how much Syfy input mattered)

Comment

I'm a firm believer that dead is dead. But with Ash I could make an exception. I also think the show lost a lot. S02 for me was a mess. S03 was more solid. They could easelly (sp) do a backstory ep and have her back. Or they could use the time traveling story and bring her back permenantly.
                      But I don't think they'll do it.
                      Umm yeah how weird would that be if charaters died and then came back... Will has done it twice, Magnus prolly five times. Kali Praxis that weird one in S1 where Magnus goes bonkers under water...
                      LOL

There have been rumours Of Ashley coming back since she left. Its hard to say what the yll do, especially now with Magnus back in 1898. I would like to see her gain closure about losing her. Even when theres no real consulation over loosing a child.
                      sigpic
                      Wonderful Signature made by the increadible Nikola

Comment

Yeah, she also said in a recent interview that we fans will never be privy to all the reasons that go into why an actor joins or leaves a production, so let me be suspicious about AT's statements regarding EU (she can't tell us everything that went on with changing EU, and how much Syfy input mattered)
                        Seems like Tapping is trying to tell the audience that EU's departure was not handled well. If she were simply written out or the actress wanted to leave, then they'd just come out and say that.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                          Seems like Tapping is trying to tell the audience that EU's departure was not handled well. If she were simply written out or the actress wanted to leave, then they'd just come out and say that.
                          Going around and around: EU said it was the network and AT said it was the network. They didnt say it was Syfy (but who else has more input?).
                          That's all we are going to get. IMO we didnt get an Ashley ep because there was so much hatred towards Kate. That's my opinion of course.

Comment

Going around and around: EU said it was the network and AT said it was the network. They didnt say it was Syfy (but who else has more input?).
                            Of coarse they said it was Syfy. Who else are they talking about when they reference the network? Syfy.

That's all we are going to get. IMO we didnt get an Ashley ep because there was so much hatred towards Kate. That's my opinion of course.
                            What does viewer disdain of Kate Freelander have to do with whether Ashkey Ullerip returns as a guest star?

Comment

The context of that answer is 'what question do you wish fans would never ask you' in reference to being at comicon. And her answer was 'asking us about why someone is here or gone, it's personal and even if we know all the details, it's inappropriate and often against the law for us to reveal them' (the meaning of her answer, not an exact quote)

Say Jane Doe actress is a boozer and a problem on the set. and gets fired because of it. her former co-workers won't say that they got tired of her showing up hungover so she can fired. they'll come up with a non-discriminatory and non-insulting reason.

On the other hand, say actor Ed was hired and a character created because he's the show creator's brother. they won't ever say 'ed joined the cast because his brother always makes room for his slacker sibling in his productions'. they'll say 'ed always has a role in his brother's work.

The one thing fans forget, actors coming and going is a personnel decision. and, quite often, legally they can't say why this person joined or left. but fans keep asking them these questions and they have to say something that obeys the law and respects the person (and doesn't harm their own career)

asking about actors is the same as going into McDonalds and asking hte manager, 'how come this employee is gone?'. the manager can't tell you. because the why is none of your business.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X