Adelaide Armageddon (Chris & RyRo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adelaide Armageddon (Chris & RyRo)

Hey I'm Andy (waves) and I went to the Adelaide Armageddon Expo and well I met Chris and RyRo (EEEPPP) and well they were really nice and well I squealed then was called "the squealer" by RyRo and that was just day one, day two was AWESOME oh @ the Sanctuary panel (day one) I raised my hand to ask a question and Ryan went "hey it's the squealer" and I was so embarrassed though after we talked and he was really nice and said he didn't mean to embarrass me but he had to tease me about oh and I was dressed as Kate so he said if I dressed as her the next day he'd take a pic for Agam so obviously I dressed as Kate the next day, so right Sunday was AWESOME I didn't squeal at all (not out loud anyway) so yeah, Ryan walked past me and remembered me (and not as just the squealer) and said he had to get a pic of me later so yeah oh and we were just hanging around and I saw Chris so I waved and he like squealed and I went *facepalm* so he was just like "your wonderful" and hugged me and he gives AMAZING hugs so yay oh and then later I went to talk to Ryan he took the pics and said he'll post them on twitter (keep an eye out) and him and his girlfriend (who is Agam's double) liked my spongebob bag it was an awesome day so yeah
    Even With Your Face In The Gutter You Still Had The Hero In Your Heart

Always Hold On To Smallville

Originally posted by rockstarsister View Post
    Hey I'm Andy (waves) and I went to the Adelaide Armageddon Expo and well I met Chris and RyRo (EEEPPP) and well they were really nice and well I squealed then was called "the squealer" by RyRo and that was just day one, day two was AWESOME oh @ the Sanctuary panel (day one) I raised my hand to ask a question and Ryan went "hey it's the squealer" and I was so embarrassed though after we talked and he was really nice and said he didn't mean to embarrass me but he had to tease me about oh and I was dressed as Kate so he said if I dressed as her the next day he'd take a pic for Agam so obviously I dressed as Kate the next day, so right Sunday was AWESOME I didn't squeal at all (not out loud anyway) so yeah, Ryan walked past me and remembered me (and not as just the squealer) and said he had to get a pic of me later so yeah oh and we were just hanging around and I saw Chris so I waved and he like squealed and I went *facepalm* so he was just like "your wonderful" and hugged me and he gives AMAZING hugs so yay oh and then later I went to talk to Ryan he took the pics and said he'll post them on twitter (keep an eye out) and him and his girlfriend (who is Agam's double) liked my spongebob bag it was an awesome day so yeah
    Haha! That sounds awesome.. I hope they come to the Auckland Armageddon later this year....
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rockstarsister View Post

that is so awesome!! I hope the Gods are good to me and Chris comes to DragonCon the same time Amanda does and I can get a Chris Hug!! That sounds so kewl!!

Awesome about RyRo too! that sounds so funny and Awesome that he remembered you the whole weekend.
      sigpic

Comment

it was the best weekend of my life

Comment

Hopefully someone Youtubes the VIP panel with these too it was brilliant-he sang too with no music nothing and the angst at the end!

Comment

soooo jealous, though the panel I saw was pretty awesome (though embarrassing for me)

Comment

If I can put a link in here's my write up and there are pics from teh VIP Panel at the end (though when the lights dimmed for that 'romantic' mood as they put it I couldnt take more as it was way too dark - the lights actually went to power saver mode or something)
              http://www.barnesphotography.com.au/...on11/index.htm

Comment

well I have writen a report on my whole weekend at the con (it's not that good) it will be on Wormhole Riders soon and I will post a link for ya

Comment

That would be great (and just read through it as soon as you reckon it reads well post it-its a personal expereience from the weekend you are writing so its gotta be good from what you first posted) - have seen a lot of stuff onlne about the cosplay but so little about the panels (and I missed the Sat afternoon panels incl Ryan Robbins & Chris Heyerdahl as I had to be elsewhere for a few hours).
                  But now Im wondering what Ryan was actually singing in the VIP panel as he ended on a really played up with Chris version of Hallelujah but Im sure he morphed into that after starting with something else.

Comment

hey guys, this is the link to the official arma thread where you will find links to more pictures and so far my con report there is also a link to a page keeping a list of the currently found youtube videos...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...rch-Wellington

andy that is a great story! agam's standin's name is karyn and she is super lovely

auries star thanks for the link! and welcome to gateworld
                    "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Thank you for the welcome katjoy - weekend was first time I'd gone to a convention and it was fantastic.

Great to find somewhere to talk about the actors that were there & their shows (I have no interest in the cosplay and thats all Ive seen discussed elsewhere). They were all so entertaining in the panels and one (I think David Anders but it was quite dark and Id just rushed in from a bright sunny day outside) nodded hi when I staggered in and sat at the back of the Lance Henriksen VIP Panel gasping for breath after bolting from the horse races to my car then 10 min later from my car across into the building and up the stairs to get back before the David Hewlett panel. All while lugging the camera gear I use to take pics at the races.

Comment

youre welcome auries star, and call me kat

have you now caught the con bug?

yeah, gw is a great place to discuss what went on at cons, the guests and their shows... we all love hearing everyones stories and seeing their pix
                        "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Yes kat think I have!!

All the guests seemed so approachable - it just makes you want to go back in the future (and now of course it seems such a long wait to future ones). There was an older lady who briefly lined up behind me before realising she didnt have a token for an autograph so instead she headed off saying she wondered if she could just go and talk to them (there were a few who were not busy at the time). And the one she went up to was so welcoming and happy to talk.

Have since found out Ryan Robbins sang Delicate before morphing into Hallelujah too.
                          And now I've ordered a heap of DVDs to fill the gaps I had in SG1, SGA and Sanctuary (that VIP panel sold me on Sanctuary after I missed the start of the second season on paytv here).

Comment

I know I have I believe I know have post convention depression, I miss Rainbow (I got to hang out with him for like an hour or so) and Karyn was mega nice, they liked my Spongebob bag as soon as I'm not @ school I'll post the link cause they have Wormhole Riders blocked

Comment

auries star haha join the club... my first con was melb arma in 2009 and i have now been to 6 conventions and met most of the major (and some minor) cast from sg1, sga & sanctuary... they are such friendly, down to earth and approachable people...

ive also had my fair share of convos with the guests when they arent busy in the auto lines... so awesome

hope someone filmed that and it goes on youtube with his sydney performance!

oh yay, cause sanctuary is an AMAZING show!!

andy arent the post con blues a pain karyn was heaps nice, my friends and i got to chat with her a fair bit how'd you get to write a piece for wormhole riders?

Comment

Working...
                              X