Sanctuary Hiatus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanctuary Hiatus

So I found out today that Sanctuary's mid season hiatus extends all the way until April. I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed by this. I'm a huge fan of the show and I dunno... having to wait 3 months to finish the season just sucks in my opinion...

What do you all think?? Smart move on their part, Or are they gunna lose fans??
    sigpic

Originally posted by TeslaFan View Post
    So I found out today that Sanctuary's mid season hiatus extends all the way until April. I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed by this. I'm a huge fan of the show and I dunno... having to wait 3 months to finish the season just sucks in my opinion...

a representative from sanctuary (on twitter) explained something...

isn't it better to have 20 eps split into two half seasons, and each mini season not having as long a wait in between, instead of playing all 20 eps and then having a much, much longer wait until a new episode starts?

both ways kind of suck (b/c we're still waiting), but the splitting the season makes the wait in between new eps not as long. so i guess the second way is better.

as for losing fans... it could. but if someone's really interested in the series, they'll come back.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Minimal. Every other show on SyFy does it. You have a finite amount of episodes. You can multiple short breaks or one long break between the seasons. I prefer the former.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

i reckon that its a crazy idea personally... breaks are for the end of the season not the middle... i wasnt even aware of this mid-season break phenomenon until syfy

imo its season, break, season... not half season, mid-season break, back half of season...

as to the tweet: before australia started fast tracking shows from the states the typical break between seasons here was 3 months... so sanctuary's mid season is longer then what im typically used to for between seasons...

as to viewers; while the die hard fans will stick around no matter what and impatiently wait out the 4 months, there will also likely be casual or new viewers who just give up and cant be bothered because they arent invested...

it also better not mean dvd 3.0 and 3.5... i want my seasons in one boxset, not two for twice the price...
        Last edited by katjoy; 07 January 2011, 08:17 PM.
        "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

trust me now that we're in 2011, the break is going to go by like *snaps fingers* that

Comment

I think it's cruel and unusual Punishment doled out by SyFy!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
              hehe, you said it right And it is worth to wait for Sanctuary
              Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
              / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

I don't know whether it bleeds off fans or not. Certainly the diehards (like us) will wait (and hate) however long it takes but it may lose some casual fans.

Wasn't the original idea behind the longer break between seasons (over the summer) because the theory was that people watch less during the summer because the are out doing more because the weather is better, on holiday, etc.? Not sure of the thinking behind the two breaks. Maybe someone who studies the ratings can give us an idea of whether this helps the ratings.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
                  Ahaha too true it is!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha.Majka View Post
                    hehe, you said it right And it is worth to wait for Sanctuary
                    Oh yes! this is just plain MEAN and WRONG. I mean Seriously?!! Leave us hanging like that.... LOSERS!!

You better believe i am waiting!!

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                    I don't know whether it bleeds off fans or not. Certainly the diehards (like us) will wait (and hate) however long it takes but it may lose some casual fans.
                    Currently not a fan of SyFy because of this LONG LONG LONG LONG wait!

Ahaha too true it is!!
                    Very CRUEL!!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

About losing fans; well look at Caprica and SGU ratings. They both seemed to have a drop between seasons. Even if you're hooked on part 1.0, a lot can happen in your life in 3 months, by the time 1.5 comes on you might have forgotten about it or be too busy to make sure you watch it... or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Julian View Post
                        About losing fans; well look at Caprica and SGU ratings. They both seemed to have a drop between seasons. Even if you're hooked on part 1.0, a lot can happen in your life in 3 months, by the time 1.5 comes on you might have forgotten about it or be too busy to make sure you watch it... or something.
                        I took the Friday shift at work to make sure I was watching Sanctuary... lol!
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X