This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YAY! Season 4!

I'm really happy, but kinda 'meh' about that 13 episodes thing. Hopefully, we'll know soon if it was a Sanctuary PTB decision or a Syfy one.
    sigpic
    Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
    My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
    Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by antipodal View Post
      Show Patrol is saying it's official now - 4th season pickup.

Edit: Oh, shucks! They're only getting a 13 episode order.
      Originally posted by llp View Post
      Well, apparently it is official. Even the "Sanctuary Series" people are making the announcement.....

SANCTUARY IS RETURNING THIS FALL WITH A 13 EPISODE SEASON!

Glad to hear that but I have to wonder, why 13 episode? Was that a Sanctuary idea or a SyFy idea? I'm wondering if the 20 episodes proved to be too much because it is a "smaller" company or did the SyFy just prefer it that way or what? Plus the PTB of Sanctuary are also coming out with a new show called Sherwood. Coming out in about a year or so I believe, but it still means they are working on it as well. Or did the SyFy people just make an arbitrary decision. Personally, I hope it was a Sanctuary choice!
      Being the "glass half full" type, I am glad we have official confirmation of Season 4. However, I am disappointed we don't get 20 episodes. I wonder the same things as LLP and also hope it was the Sanctuary Team's decision. I also wonder if it was a money issue. We know they have to put their own financing together and as shows go longer, they get more expensive (inflation, raises, etc). Maybe the numbers dictated the 13 episodes.

We now know what the first question will be of AT at AT5. Why 13?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Its anybodies guess but I think S3 must have a been a little too expensive. Rather its production or ratings motivated I'm not sure but my gut tells me it was money motivated
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Actually Jelgate I'd disagree with that. I'm not happy about the 'demotion' to 13 episodes but if I recall right there as interview with Keith Beedie or a comment that Sanctuary is already past the break even point halfway through season 3 so it would now be making money something it did not do in the previous two 13 episode seasons.

If I had to guess from my gut from what I recall and have taken a look at quickly I'd say this change was a Sanctuary powers that be decision due to them developing for supposedly this year according to rumor the SyFy show Sherwood!!! Amanda, Damian and Martin are the executive producers and why it's unlikely it would take up as much time as Sanctuary and that they are not 'starring' in it, at least I don't think, it's probably almost impossible to produce, direct, and perhaps star or guest in not one but two shows for the same network no less all in one year.

Just my thoughts, could be right or wrong honestly.
          Sanctuary RULES!!!!
          Melissa

Comment

Sanctuary renewed for a 4th season, but only 13 eps!

Not too bad! Woo hoo!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MelissaAdams View Post
              Actually Jelgate I'd disagree with that. I'm not happy about the 'demotion' to 13 episodes but if I recall right there as interview with Keith Beedie or a comment that Sanctuary is already past the break even point halfway through season 3 so it would now be making money something it did not do in the previous two 13 episode seasons.

If I had to guess from my gut from what I recall and have taken a look at quickly I'd say this change was a Sanctuary powers that be decision due to them developing for supposedly this year according to rumor the SyFy show Sherwood!!! Amanda, Damian and Martin are the executive producers and why it's unlikely it would take up as much time as Sanctuary and that they are not 'starring' in it, at least I don't think, it's probably almost impossible to produce, direct, and perhaps star or guest in not one but two shows for the same network no less all in one year.

Just my thoughts, could be right or wrong honestly.
              There's a lot of talk on twitter now that it *may* still be unofficial. Some people connected with news and stuff are looking into it, and they make sense of what they're saying. I hope it's not 13, because personally for me, it seems like a step down, and we KNOW they can deliver a great 20 episode season.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                There's a lot of talk on twitter now that it *may* still be unofficial. Some people connected with news and stuff are looking into it, and they make sense of what they're saying. I hope it's not 13, because personally for me, it seems like a step down, and we KNOW they can deliver a great 20 episode season.
                Yes, they definitely can deliver 20 episodes. But the question is, with everything else AT/DK/MW have on their plate, do they really want to commit to that again, or do they want to do Sanctuary and some of the other projects mentioned. That's a heck of a lot of work even for work-a-holics like they seem to be.

Comment

Well all my favorite shows got renewed! I love Syfy!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                    YAY! Season 4!

I'm really happy, but kinda 'meh' about that 13 episodes thing. Hopefully, we'll know soon if it was a Sanctuary PTB decision or a Syfy one.
                    Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    Sanctuary renewed for a 4th season, but only 13 eps!

Not too bad! Woo hoo!
                    Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    Yes, they definitely can deliver 20 episodes. But the question is, with everything else AT/DK/MW have on their plate, do they really want to commit to that again, or do they want to do Sanctuary and some of the other projects mentioned. That's a heck of a lot of work even for work-a-holics like they seem to be.
                    Wow, wow, wow, wow, I can not believe how royally bad I feel. I don't care what anyone says, to me, 13 is a big step down and a bit of an insult. Someone on twitter said- I have the unpleasant impression that 13 episodes is like a punishment, a regression. I'm so upset right now.

I agree with them 200%. The show was getting, bigger and better all the time, and now it seems it's going to go the opposite way. I'm not proud that I feel this disappointed, and I thought when the news about S4 came out, I'd be overjoyed, instead I'm feeling a monumentally disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by MelissaAdams View Post
                      I saw that interview with Keith Beedle too, and he did say Sanctuary is already past the break even point.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        I saw that interview with Keith Beedle too, and he did say Sanctuary is already past the break even point.
                        Syfy's fault then. I saw this tweet on twitter-

@Variety Syfy renews 'Sanctuary': TV News: Series earns 13 episodes for fourth season -- Syfy has ordered a 13-episode fo... http://bit.ly/hfHu9h

I think the title is wrong, "earns"? Really? It should say "Series is demoted to 13 episodes for fourth season..."

Comment

It's great news, there will be another series.I'm so incredibly happy and very looking forward to new adventures.

Comment

i'm really happy we get a season 4, I was beginning to get worried

But like people above are saying, I feel that 13 episodes is kind of a "regression", especially after the quality of season 3 episodes so far

Comment

Originally posted by LEKY View Post
                              It's great news, there will be another series.I'm so incredibly happy and very looking forward to new adventures.
                              Yeah, it's just a shame they'll be small adventures.

Once again, Syfy has managed to disappointed fans, but what else is new? A friend believes season 3 and a half could be the last season, and I wouldn't be surprised. The show was getting bigger, and not Syfy wants to limit it's growth. How nice.

@Syfy Also, most importantly, thanks to the FANS of #Sanctuary for watching! Without you, there wouldn't be another season. You're the best!

And yet they cut back the episodes of a show we love. Why am I still following them?

Comment

Not living in the USA, I don't have Syfy, but I'm wondering what other shows they have? Because they cancelled SGU, and now Sanctuary gets reduced- what are they going to air? Do they have that many new series to air??

Comment

Working...
                                X