X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    Actually it is a 1.1 Coverage rating.
    is that syfy's coverage rating, and the 0.9 is national?

it's a 'bit' better.

but still... i figured it would fall a bit (most eps after premiers do), i just don't like seeing it fall 33 percent.

wrestling lost some too... do you really think this was baseball related?
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

it's a 'bit' better.

but still... i figured it would fall a bit (most eps after premiers do), i just don't like seeing it fall 33 percent.

Yup, see you are getting good at this.

As per Baseball, It got around 12 million viewers. So I think there was an impact. If there is an uptick this week. then it was likely baseball. But I also think it was also coming off a premiere episode as well. I think this week should see over 1.5 Million viewers.
      sigpic

Comment

I admit I'm not one to understand ratings worth a 'toss' and honestly I rarely follow them but why I admit I'm a 'little' disappointed with the drop it's really not that surprising. Not just the baseball game but we had nice weather most places in the US this week and Friday night also starts the 'official' weekend, I would imagine a lot of folks record it and watch it later and then of course there are those of us that do 'both'...LOL I'm even staying up till 3am this morning to watch the repeat of Firewall

Why I definitely hope Sanctuary does better I've got to admit I feel it's really even the only truly science fiction show on SyFy anymore and Sanctuary has gotten me to watch a half hour of wrestling as I always tune in but never pay attention cause I don't want to miss a second.

I'm just saying a drop is worrisome but truthfully from what I recall, and I admit my memory isn't that good, isn't a 1.1 or whatever it was about what Sanctuary was doing pretty steadily and it's it a pretty good overall number or am I just delusional?
        Sanctuary RULES!!!!
        Melissa

Comment

As per Baseball, It got around 12 million viewers. So I think there was an impact. If there is an uptick this week. then it was likely baseball. But I also think it was also coming off a premiere episode as well. I think this week should see over 1.5 Million viewers.
          well, ppl like you help to teach me. (you're nice and patient )

crap happens, and ppl chose something else to watch over sanctuary. :/
          sally

sigpic

Comment

We have to wait and see a trend. 2 eps is not enough data, once we see like 4 or 5 we can get an idea where the season is heading.
            sigpic

Comment

it's a 'bit' better.

Sally pay attention to what the drop was in - that drop of 33% was the A18-49 rating from 0.6 to 0.4 - any change from 0.6 was going to be a fairly decent one.
              The drop in total viewers was 22.8%.
              -

Comment

We have to wait and see a trend. 2 eps is not enough data, once we see like 4 or 5 we can get an idea where the season is heading.
                thanks, brian.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                  Sally pay attention to what the drop was in - that drop of 33% was the A18-49 rating from 0.6 to 0.4 - any change from 0.6 was going to be a fairly decent one.
                  the ratings numbers are hard for me, rox. (i'm better with word puzzles )

but *thank you* for clarifying what that 33% drop represented, and that the viewers loss was 22.8%.

sally

sigpic

Comment

I can also see SGU going up tomorrow as well as Sanctuary on Friday. We shall see what happens.
                    http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/10/25...uch-more/69588

Sanctuary fell 33% from its premiere to a 0.4 rating with adults 18-49 and 1.38 million viewers (last week a 0.6 and 1.79 million viewers). Perhaps it was hurt by Yankees/Rangers which rated higher than the previous Friday (game 1 a week earlier averaged a 2.7 adults 18-49 rating and 8.1 million viewers). Friday Night Smackdown! was also down a touch from a 0.9 rating to a 0.8 rating with adults 18-49 and from 2.9 million viewers to 2.7 million.
                    I like you, you always show facts, hope, and scientifically explain why something we don't like may have happened, but how it can be undone.

it's a 'bit' better.

I don't really follow the ratings for most shows, but from what I've seen, a lot of shows are down this week. I had a feeling baseball would do something like this.

She just needs tutoring and patience.

A lot of people were worried about baseball, and they said it could impact not just Sanctuary, but most shows, and it seems it did. IF only Sanctuary went down, I'd be really worried, but others went down too, and Sanctuary is still pulling respectable number, better than others I've seen.

Originally posted by MelissaAdams View Post
                    I admit I'm not one to understand ratings worth a 'toss' and honestly I rarely follow them but why I admit I'm a 'little' disappointed with the drop it's really not that surprising. Not just the baseball game but we had nice weather most places in the US this week and Friday night also starts the 'official' weekend, I would imagine a lot of folks record it and watch it later and then of course there are those of us that do 'both'...LOL I'm even staying up till 3am this morning to watch the repeat of Firewall

Why I definitely hope Sanctuary does better I've got to admit I feel it's really even the only truly science fiction show on SyFy anymore and Sanctuary has gotten me to watch a half hour of wrestling as I always tune in but never pay attention cause I don't want to miss a second.

I'm just saying a drop is worrisome but truthfully from what I recall, and I admit my memory isn't that good, isn't a 1.1 or whatever it was about what Sanctuary was doing pretty steadily and it's it a pretty good overall number or am I just delusional?
                    Wow, well said. The thing that makes me feel better is, and I just said this, Sanctuary is *still* doing better than other shows on Syfy, and not only that, but Sanctuary did, IN FACT, have lower numbers in S1 and S2, so 1.4 is better than episodes it did in the past 2 years.

We need a LOT of patience with you.

Sanctuary, like all shows, have ups and downs, look at S1 and S2. I saw 1.2 or 1.1 in S1 and S2, and what happened? They went up. It may not happen next week, maybe it will, but I like to believe it will at some point.

You're super smart, duh, can you show us a graph or chart of the numbers for S1 and S2 so we can sorta compare?

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                    Wait... so the overall drop was 22.8%?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post

She just needs tutoring and patience.

and

We need a LOT of patience with you.
                      Spoiler:
                      i have a feeling that a short time after you're married, you'll be sleeping on the couch quite a bit, honeybuns.
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Considering how awesome the episode was and how well it premiered last week, I'm a bit bummed that it didn't hold on to more of those numbers, even though a drop was almost certain. However it is true we'll need to see how it does for the next few weeks before we see a trend. It is still doing ok, better than many syfy productions and hopefully will increase again soon.

Comment

If I remember right, the second half of Season 2 was around 1.4 million so I am guessing that this is where it will level out.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samcartersg1 View Post
                            If I remember right, the second half of Season 2 was around 1.4 million so I am guessing that this is where it will level out.
                            The one thing I like knowing is that Sanctuart HAS seen lower numbers, again with the 1.1 and 1.2 examples, and it always bounced back.

Comment

i'm still thinking this 2nd ep dip was primarily related to the baseball playoffs (even wrestling lost a bit). i'm hoping for an uptick next week, even if it's a small amount.
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

OK, after doing a little digging, I found these-

S1:
                                Ep 1&2 - 2.2
                                E3 -1.6
                                E4 -1.6
                                Ep 5-1.5
                                Ep 6 - 1.5
                                Ep 8 – 1,746,000
                                Ep 9 – 1,538,000
                                Ep 10 – 1,703,000
                                Ep 11 – 1,520,000
                                Ep 12 – 1,850,000
                                Ep 13 – 1,990,000