Why did they do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
    I've noticed it too. In Sleepers, Telsa looks yellow not tan, and everyone has obnoxiously pink lips. It's not my tv or my eyes as they're working just fine when not watching Sanctuary.
    I'm curious about this too. Is Tesla like this all the time or only certain scenes?
    -

Comment

I noticed the pink lips on Tesla, but I just thought that was Jonathon (the actor who plays Tesla), not anything done by production.
      ~"Often we forget . . . the sky reaches to the ground . . . with each step . . . . we fly."~ From We Fly by The House Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
        I'm curious about this too. Is Tesla like this all the time or only certain scenes?
        In Sleepers, the problem occurs often. Tesla, Will ,and Helen all look too pink in the eyes (particularly the corners) and lips, and Tesla's skin looks yellow, but the worst scene is when Tesla spreads his arms welcoming them to the clinic. It's like the makeup was overdone to contrast with the background. Another bad example of this is Tesla's super pink lips while pulling the devamper from Helen's coat. The only scenes where he looks "normal" are where he gets hit by the car, calls Bram Stoker a hack, and when he finds his new skills.

I'm pretty sure it's also in the season 1 finale somewhere, and I find at least one instance in most episodes. I've also seen other makeup issues. Will also looks like he is usually wearing a shade of pink lipstick.

It may be that some HD sets focus on detail at a "higher" level (if that is possible). In The Five, the foundation used on Druit's scar on his face isn't blended well, and I can see the makeup flaking off of his face. Every close up makes me go, "oh that scar isn't real," sometimes impacting the effect of a scene.
        "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

I've noticed the same thing, in Veritas ( i think) Will is very Simpsonish, but I haven't gotten time to watch the S1 DVD yet to see what the colour is like on them to see if it was the tv/transmission or other.
          sigpic

Comment

YES! I noticed that quite a while ago. It's really annoying and it makes the show look cheesy and a bit off.

I'm seeing it on my laptop, desktop, 2 TVs all with different configurations and over a friends house. Its deffinatley in post. In the one scene I've noticed one person be orange and then the other person normal. I most notice it on Amanda because it makes her look less attractive.

The one scene I can think of is in sleepers where Will and Helen see Tesla at the resort and they are on the balcony. The colour in that whole scene is just messed up.

I'm thinking of mentioning it to Amanda when I see her in December to see if its on purpose or what.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidwizz View Post
              YES! I noticed that quite a while ago. It's really annoying and it makes the show look cheesy and a bit off.

I'm seeing it on my laptop, desktop, 2 TVs all with different configurations and over a friends house. Its deffinatley in post. In the one scene I've noticed one person be orange and then the other person normal. I most notice it on Amanda because it makes her look less attractive.

The one scene I can think of is in sleepers where Will and Helen see Tesla at the resort and they are on the balcony. The colour in that whole scene is just messed up.

I'm thinking of mentioning it to Amanda when I see her in December to see if its on purpose or what.
              I noticed that to , thats a good idea
              sigpic
              (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Working...
              X