X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Samantha.Majka View Post
    You are not alone, Marti.
    We can only speculate about an episode whitch is this picture from
    I know ... but I want s3 NOW NOW NOW !!!
    The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...
    sigpic

Comment

I would ask her for only one thing - "Hey Amanda, will you give me a hug?" LOL
      I think that my heart would beat like mad
      Generally, you don't even have to ask......she's just very generous with her hugs.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
        Generally, you don't even have to ask......she's just very generous with her hugs.
        Did you get one from her ?
        Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
        / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Wow, thanks for these photos. Yes, it seems that she had a good time. Holy moly why I am a czech person .. if I lived in Vancouver, I would be there ..
          Btw, MajorSam, you were there ?
          Yes, I was there! Here's the report I posted on it on the Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping thread

I'll spoiler it if people want to skip.

Spoiler:
          The night was pretty much everything I could have hoped for. There was a good amount of people who showed up, including a big crew of fans from the GateCon convention happening this weekend! They all seemed to have a fabulous time, especially when Ryan Robbins' group finally came on and they all moved to the dance floor

I was able to have a lovely chat with Amanda, who is looking, of course, more fabulous than ever. Very happy to get some more Amanda-hugs. She was very excited to be embarking on her big camping/kayak trip this morning which she twittered about a few days ago... Her husband was there as well, and he was super nice and very easy to talk to. An interesting tidbit from Amanda - she didn't organize a single thing about the concert. It was all done by people on the post-production team at Sanctuary - one of the guys had organized events like these in Australia.

Of course pretty much everyone there either knew Amanda already, or knew of her, so she was wandering around talking/hugging people all night. Guests from Sanctuary included: Amanda, Ryan Robbins, Robert Lawrenson, Lee Wilson, Paul McGillion, Amanda's stand in on Sanctuary, and from Stargate - Peter Flemming, who played Agent Barret. He was out on the dance floor for a while rocking out with the SG fans I also heard several conversations all around of people asking how/who they know on Sanctuary, and there seemed to be a lot of behind the scenes type people, or even folks who just worked on the set for a day or two. Family and friends of workers as well.

At one point, the MC invited Amanda up on stage to talk a little bit about what S4K is, and why we were all there - She explained a bit about what they've already accomplished and what they hope to do in the future. Amanda of course was extremely gracious and thankful towards everyone who came, giving shout outs to the organizers, RyRo, the crew of Stargate fans, etc. They then auctioned off two of the concert posters - one signed by Amanda and all the performers of the night, and the other, SUPER randomly , signed by Jack Black, who is apparently a huge fan of Sanctuary! I know he was in town a little while back shooting a movie, so I guess at some point they talked to him and he wanted to support S4K so signed this poster for auction. I believe both were bought by SG fans... There was also a 50/50 draw. Also on the topic of fundraising, you could buy CD's of the various people, there were official Sanctuary S2 8x10's, concert posters, etc, as well as face-painting by donation All ticket proceeds, of course, were also for S4K.

All of the music was great. I was a bit wary of the label of "Folk" (It's not my first choice of music styles) but in my opinion it was more rock-y than "folk"y to me, although there were definitely slower ballads and such. I'm sorry, I really can't remember any names of specific songs :| Lol. Ryan's group "The Sun" was just him and another guy on guitar/keyboard, but they had the main music track playing in the background - I'm not quite sure how to describe their sound... it was very interesting, I enjoyed it a lot. Ryan also did an encore (thanks in most part I believe to the SG fans - he hadn't been prepared - he brought up music on a stand) and sat in a chair with his guitar. A very nice solo song.

Anywho, that's the basic gist of things. I only got a few pictures of when Amanda was up on stage talking about S4K, but there were official type photographers there so I'm sure good quality pics will be coming at some point - also a bunch of the SG fans got pictures with her and Robin, so if there were any Gateworld reps I'm sure they'll post those up maybe after the whole convention.

It was a wonderfully fabulous night. Great music, greater people, even greater cause - I'm feeling very happy and wholesome and at peace with the world right now Maybe they could make this into an annual charity event! *Crosses fingers*

Btw, I have met Amanda several times before, so I’ve thankfully reached the point I don’t feel like passing out every time I see her, hahah. While I was texting my friend right before I went to speak with her I was shaking a bit, but that’s cause my friend was winding me up!

The first time I met her was quiiite a long time ago, and I almost did pass out – I completely lost all ability to speak or move or think - I literally forgot my own name; took me a few moments of staring at her face stupidly until my name just popped out. I was a wreck!!! I always got slightly better and better each time I see/talk to her, but this was the first or second time I think where I didn’t trip over my words and make a fool of myself at one point or another. I do still have this weird thing though where I avert my eyes from her face a bit too much… I think it’s because I subconsciously feel I’m still not worth to gaze upon her lovely face, buahaha.

It’s very worth the complete loss of all mind/body/talking abilities to meet Amanda Hanging out with her on Thursday will probably keep me in a good mood until… next year? Two years?
          The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
          |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

I would like you to see me now .. I am red from envy. I want to go there too. Oh my God.
            I am speechless. I don't know what to say. I want to meet Amanda at least one time in my life. I am sad ..
            I SWEAR, I WILL GO TO VANCOUVER AND I WILL MEET HER, I have to .. Thanks for the report..

Comment

I would like you to see me now .. I am red from envy. I want to go there too. Oh my God.
              I am speechless. I don't know what to say. I want to meet Amanda at least one time in my life. I am sad ..
              I SWEAR, I WILL GO TO VANCOUVER AND I WILL MEET HER, I have to .. Thanks for the report..
              Haha, trust me, before I met her for the first time I didn't think I would ever be able to - it's 100% fully possible! I find that true Amanda fans just find a way to make it happen they know it's going to be a guaranteed life-changing event!!! I have full faith in you

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
                Haha, trust me, before I met her for the first time I didn't think I would ever be able to - it's 100% fully possible! I find that true Amanda fans just find a way to make it happen they know it's going to be a guaranteed life-changing event!!! I have full faith in you
                I am "happy" that you trust me. I wanted to go to AT5 .. but it won't happen. But I hope that one day I will meet her. It has to be awesome to meet her.

Comment

Originally posted by Martina Magnus View Post
                  To Tapping Tuesday ....
                  Q #3) @TxZodiac - Does Magnus have any tattoos?
                  A #3) Maybe.......
                  Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                  I wounder where Helen's tatto is ? if she has one...lol
                  First time a thought hip too ...
                  but when guys on Teslen thread started to talk about Nikola exploring her tattoo ... butt came to my mind
                  Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
                  I could see her with the hip being the first choice.
                  I'll say very lower back
                  [/B]

We did she has it well hidden..hehehe
                  I thnik she have one .... CC is right ... she 157 year old ... she had to do crazy thnigs sometimes .... like go and have tatto on butt ... !!! xD
                  I still thnik she have it there
                  I can't imagine Helen a tattoo anywhere. Here's a little story on how could feel about it.

"Tattoo You," Sanctuary, Helen/Will

Originally posted by ClassicCouples View Post
                  Wow! I am gone for six hours and there are already two new pages. I have thought about a tattoo. I mean if you lived for 157 years, you had to have done at least one rash thing, other than hang out with Jack the Ripper. So I think maybe she does, but I'm not sure where she would have one. We saw quite a bit of her in Pavor Nocturnus.
                  Yes, quite a bit. Does anyone still find it hard to watch that scene?

Thanks. Well, since this is a Helen Magnus thread, I will post two experimental HM pieces (no angst).
                  They are both the same idea, just different pictures.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...gnus_text1.png http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...gnus_text2.png

The text is a quick biography of HM from Wikipedia.
                  Wicked.

Now Now Now I want season 3 Now !!!
                  Back in history ...
                  I love this pic
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]26688[/ATTACH]
                  Is there a bigger version of this pic?

Hey, I'm sure you'll meet her one day Martina, and you'll meet her again MajorSam. Me, most likely no.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                    Is there a bigger version of this pic?

Comment

It’s very worth the complete loss of all mind/body/talking abilities to meet Amanda Hanging out with her on Thursday will probably keep me in a good mood until… next year? Two years?
                      that is SOOOOOO cool that you got to hang out with her!!

so what did you guys/ladies talk about?
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        that is SOOOOOO cool that you got to hang out with her!!

so what did you guys/ladies talk about?
                        Hahah, well... y'know, stuff Mostly on the more personal side of things rather than Sanctuary and how that's all going - I knew she couldn't really say anything more than the little that's been reported so far. I (blathered) quite a lot about what I've been doing since I last saw her, so lots of discussion/stories came from those things, her upcoming camping trip, talk about how the concert itself came about, the performers. Stuff like that. Eventually other folks arrived/came up to her to chat so conversation sometimes flowed into mini discussions between me, her, other people, her husband, etc. Her hubby, btw, is LOVELY. Very easy and nice to talk to

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Majorsal, welcome here. I am glad you joined us. Yes, we talk about Amanda / Helen .. about meeting her and so on .. there are many topics we discussed.
                          MajorSam, if you meet Amanda again, please tell her, that one girl from the Czech Republic says her Hi and that she loves her

Comment

I can see that we are little stuck in here ... whe need a new theme ... any idea ?
                            sigpic

Comment

I can see that we are little stuck in here ... whe need a new theme ... any idea ?
                              I agree. I have an idea. I was just thinking about this last night, while working on my Sanctuary Artwork Challenge.

Topic to discuss (Might have talked about it before, but we may have new people)
                              What is is about Helen Magnus that makes her such an interesting character? How has living 157 years influenced who she has become.
                              sigpic
                              || acrazyobsession on AO3 & Tumblr || My DeviantArt ||

Comment

I agree. I have an idea. I was just thinking about this last night, while working on my Sanctuary Artwork Challenge.

Topic to discuss (Might have talked about it before, but we may have new people)
                                What is is about Helen Magnus that makes her such an interesting character? How has living 157 years influenced who she has become.
                                I don't remember if we already talked about that but I thnik that we didn't
                                It's great theme to discuss ... and it's hard question to answer ...
                                In opinion well, she is such a great character because she is intelligent, we can just learn hitory but she lived the history ...
                                Her life was influenced by that ... and of course Ashley ...

Ok that's just a bit from my opinion ... what about you CC ?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X