Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
    Welcome tinnec! She is super cool.

So cool that when I get bored doing telephone interviews at work, I find myself trying to recreate the "Magnus voice". Usually I end up with something just shy of "bedroom voice"---- but it's definitely improving!
    Thanks!
    Her Magnus voice is really unique! It has that strong fearlessness to it. And she always sounds confident.
    Do you attempt her voice when answering calls? Haha.

Comment

Well, see, I usually end up losing my voice after a full day interviews, so I thought the softer delivery of her voice might be easier on my vocal cords. That and I need something to keep me from zoning out. I'm a chronic multi-tasker, so it's easier for me to pay attention when I've something else to focus on.

I mean, Magnus does have a gentler voice compared to Sam. You can hear the difference the most in Sanctuary's Season 3 "The Bank Job", where she lets her accent slip into her Americanized voice.

For the record, I love "The Bank Job" because as I was watching, I heard the accent slip when she was supergluing the gunshot wound on one of their "hostages", and was like Ew! Really?! I watch this show because she *doesn't* let it slip! but then I started giggling when Walter was like "told you she wasn't really British!!"

I think it says a lot about AT's dedication to the role when I can spot a slip so easily, only to be chastised when they hang a lantern on it later in the show. She's precise, and it shows that she puts so much effort into her role(s).

Comment

sigpic
        Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
            Well, see, I usually end up losing my voice after a full day interviews, so I thought the softer delivery of her voice might be easier on my vocal cords. That and I need something to keep me from zoning out. I'm a chronic multi-tasker, so it's easier for me to pay attention when I've something else to focus on.

I mean, Magnus does have a gentler voice compared to Sam. You can hear the difference the most in Sanctuary's Season 3 "The Bank Job", where she lets her accent slip into her Americanized voice.

For the record, I love "The Bank Job" because as I was watching, I heard the accent slip when she was supergluing the gunshot wound on one of their "hostages", and was like Ew! Really?! I watch this show because she *doesn't* let it slip! but then I started giggling when Walter was like "told you she wasn't really British!!"
            Yes, her doing an exaggerated American accent when Magnus has to turn "bank robber" was fun. I may be overreading it, but I always thought that was to show Magnus had to concentrate a bit to try to stay "American."

Comment

sigpic

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Found this on the Stargate section

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                Just thought I'd mention that AT is nominated for a Portal award for Sanctuary:
                http://airlockalpha.com/specials/por...ards-2012.html

Comment

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Interesting. Who is she smiling at?

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                            Interesting. Who is she smiling at?
                            She's smiling at a rich German guy who's trying to persuade her to take a few days to come visit him. That's her "you're sweet, and I'm tempted, but it would be very irresponsible, so I really really shouldn't" smile. She's on a webchat with him.

The episode is Next Tuesday, if you'd like to watch it.

Comment

Poor Olivia

My little one is going through a nasty bout of tonsillitis and strep. We are both sleep deprived and quite loopy! Sorry for my absence. Xo

I made medicinal popsicles. They're good! RT @sheikah: @amandatapping best wishes and all the popsicles for the little one and naps for you.

Blueberries, pomegranates, vit c,b and d and lots of love. Tomorrow she gets the yogurt ones. RT @majorsal: you made them? what flavor?

Teaspoons of manuka honey too. Thank you NZ! Ah, the joys of the mothers homeopathic medicine cabinet. And penicillin. And therefore yogurt.

Thanks baby! Have a Manhattan or 3 for me! Enjoy NY! RT @mouthnoize: @amandatapping ugh! Been there... Hope all gets better soon. Xo

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X