Helen Magnus/Amanda Tapping Thunk, Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new tweet from Amanda

Congrats!!!! RT @BillBriouxTV: Believe it: record smasher #Continuum blasts off to 900,000 Sunday on #Showcase http://bit.ly/KYfkEf
    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Comment

oh man, why didn't I think to volunteer??!!! you're brilliant, MajorSam

On a totally different note, I opened my email to find this today:

"Our session on Tuesday will be led by George Strid and Helene Magus. "

I had to do a triple take to make sure I wasn't reading the clincian's name as "Helen Magnus"

(and who knows, it could be one of the many aliases and alabais that Magnus made for herself whilst reliving the last 113 years or so....Magnus as a music teacher...interesting!)

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
          oh man, why didn't I think to volunteer??!!! you're brilliant, MajorSam

On a totally different note, I opened my email to find this today:

"Our session on Tuesday will be led by George Strid and Helene Magus. "

I had to do a triple take to make sure I wasn't reading the clincian's name as "Helen Magnus"

(and who knows, it could be one of the many aliases and alabais that Magnus made for herself whilst reliving the last 113 years or so....Magnus as a music teacher...interesting!)
          Haha when I read your post I first thought you wrote a mistake until I read further and it all started making sense

Magnus as a music teacher! I could totally see that happening!

sigpic
          Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

sigpic

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post
              Haha when I read your post I first thought you wrote a mistake until I read further and it all started making sense

Magnus as a music teacher! I could totally see that happening!

Exactly, and seeing as she can't doesn't do anything second-rate, it stands to reason that she'd be successful and invited to do workshops, right?

Comment

Comment

sigpic

Comment

that picture could totally be taken out of context

In other news, I was watching torri higginson (dr.weir) in a tv movie called "stonehenge appocalypse" and while torri's acting is good as usual, her english accent (she's an English scientist) is nowhere as good as Amanda's.

It's not bad, actually I'd say it's decent, but there are definate inconsistencies once in a while that kind of jar you into thinking...is this dr. Weir? Also, the placement of her voice is simply too far forward - English people tend to talk with their voices placed slightly further back in the mouth.

Normally I wouldn't notice such things but Torri was acting opposite....Mr. Peter Wingfield, who just so happens to have a fantastic English accent, which we well know from his work as Dr.James Watson

It really makes me appreciate how awesome Amanda is. She was completely sam or completely magnus - there were moments of doubt, especially when it came down to the accent!

Comment

I recall reading that Torri acknowledged the problems with the accent and said that there hadn't been much time to practice.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                        I recall reading that Torri acknowledged the problems with the accent and said that there hadn't been much time to practice.
                        That sounds about right. I mean, it wasn't a huge issue but it was noticeable, probably because Peter Wingfield was so good with his.

Comment

Wow, thanks for the pics, SamJack the orange dress is h-o-t.........

So... Amanda didn't win the award for tempus after all, huh? I followed the leos on twitter but couldn't stay up so late so I missed the final categories, but if nothing is being mentioned here, I suppose....

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by For_All_Eternity View Post
                              Wow, thanks for the pics, SamJack the orange dress is h-o-t.........

So... Amanda didn't win the award for tempus after all, huh? I followed the leos on twitter but couldn't stay up so late so I missed the final categories, but if nothing is being mentioned here, I suppose....
                              no she didn't win. :/

i did stay up, and was a bit bummed when she lost. but such is life, eh?
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                no she didn't win. :/

i did stay up, and was a bit bummed when she lost. but such is life, eh?
                                yeah.... life sucks sometimes... So, who did win? Was is someone who deserved it?

Comment

Working...
                                X