No announcement yet.

Helen Magnus/Amanda Tapping Thunk, Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I was watching Law & Order SVU this afternoon (I LOVE Mariska Hargitay) and realized that I'd put Amanda up against her or Gillian Anderson any day that ends in 'y'. (I'd never thought about it exactly in those terms before.) I think it stinks that sci-fi puts that stigma on actors.

In that vein, I want to know what show that is NOT sci-fi that you'd love to see Helen in? Who would you like to see Helen interact with / Amanda act with?
    Last edited by Feast of the Muse; 12 April 2011, 05:01 PM. Reason: rewording for clarity
    Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
    Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
        I have always thought that Helen's eyes look green. Amanda's eyes are a blue/green but with the brown hair they seem to look darker.
        Steff, your video actually fixed me up with an answer. Correction! MidwifeonBoard's video, that Steff shared.

This is the first bit of Sanctuary that I ever saw, which was before I saw any Stargate episodes of any kind. (I think I was locked in a dungeon or something.) She looks so hot in that little vest and tie... *sigh* But anyway, this is why I thought her eyes were brown. I really just remembered them being dark.
        Last edited by Feast of the Muse; 13 April 2011, 04:29 PM.
        Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
        Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
          That's my vid! Thanks for the rec. Gald you liked it!
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
            So I was watching Law & Order SVU this afternoon (I LOVE Mariska Hargitay) and realized that I'd put Amanda up against her or Gillian Anderson any day that ends in 'y'. (I'd never thought about it exactly in those terms before.) I think it stinks that sci-fi puts that stigma on actors.

In that vein, I want to know what show that is NOT sci-fi that you'd love to see Helen in? Who would you like to see Helen interact with / Amanda act with?
            Grey's Anatomy hands down ahahah XD
            sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
              Grey's Anatomy hands down ahahah XD
              Since I don't watch that show, I'll go with one in the same category. I want to see her go head to head with House. That'd be something to watch IMO.
              sigpic
              Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
              My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
              Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                Since I don't watch that show, I'll go with one in the same category. I want to see her go head to head with House. That'd be something to watch IMO.
                Oooh, I don't like House, but my parents do so I am subjected to it sometimes. I would love to see Helen give him a good dressing down. He might even listen for a second - I can't imagine he wouldn't find her attractive. I'd love to see him at a loss, even more if it's because of a woman whose brain could wipe the floor with him!

Too bad the X-files is off, she could have consulted on any of a myriad of cases as a teratologist. The episodes "Home" (inbred crazy family), "Squeeze" (The liver eating, long-lived man that the Sanctuary might have called type of folding man) and "Jersey Devil" (wild humans eating people near Atlantic City) spring to mind. And now I have a serious craving for some good (and likely non-existent) crossover fiction. Gah.

Comment

Comment

Comment

sigpic
                      (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Comment

Comment

bahah i love her expression in that ^ photo *giggles*
                            sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

Ok, here's a dumb question for you all. AT was wearing a wig in the TV pilot and webisodes of Sanctuary, right???

Comment

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
                                Ok, here's a dumb question for you all. AT was wearing a wig in the TV pilot and webisodes of Sanctuary, right???
                                I think so.

Now for the thunking.

Comment

Working...
                                X