No announcement yet.

Helen Magnus/Amanda Tapping Thunk, Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CC - oh, well... It took me about 3 hours to make (I use PS CS3)
    The basic ideas are:
    - crop the screencap and paste it onto black background (I rotated it a little bit, too)
    - create a layer mask using soft brushes with low opacity to make the image blend into the background (I didn't erase anything at all, it was all about masking)
    - using layer mask and burn & dodge tools make the shadows more intense and emphasize the highlights
    - on a new layer, use small hard and soft brushes (I make my own presets for those, setting opacity, angle & shape dynamics so that it looks more... alive) and just add black and white accents and so play with light a bit. It also gives that painting impression. I draw with a mouse, so the lines turn out to be... well, far from perfect
    - in the end, add a couple of adjustment layers (I used Selective Colour option to adjust the way black and yellow tones looked like and added a Gradient Map layer)
    - the very last thig to do - several font layers of different colours and opacity. I used this particular font because it's decorative enough and looks like handwriting... and well, because I just like it
    - merge all layers (I've had about a dozen by this time) and that's it!
    sigpic
    Sig: by me. My DeviantART

Comment

Originally posted by Olwen View Post
      I'm going on with making stuff in PS Here's a 1024x768 Helen wallpaper again. I used a screencap from End of Nights, so it turned out to be a bit angsty. I hope you don't get too depressed with it

http://i653.photobucket.com/albums/uu251/olvven/fangirl/th_helen_angstywallpaper.jpg
      I love the wallpaper Olwen i love what you've done with it! it definaitly fits with that scene and the eps mood and tone wise it's great!
      sigpic
      (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Oh. Thanks. I'm absolutely crazy when it comes to PS and my favourite characters...
        sigpic

Comment

CC - oh, well... It took me about 3 hours to make (I use PS CS3)
          The basic ideas are:
          I still have so much to learn about Photoshop. I just recently got CS4, had Elements before that, so I am new to the whole idea of masks. But am loving what I have been able to do so far.
          sigpic
          || acrazyobsession on AO3 & Tumblr || My DeviantArt ||

Comment

Oh. Thanks. I'm absolutely crazy when it comes to PS and my favourite characters...
            You art work is really well done Olwen i love it! i cant wait to see more!
            sigpic
            (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

I'm not in depression from your artwork Olwen ...
              I'm dead Thanks for that
              The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...
              sigpic

Comment

Tina, sweetie, I don't want you dead! )
                sigpic

Comment

Tina, sweetie, I don't want you dead! )
                  Oh O_o you don't want me dead ? ... but you are killing me with your arts !!!
                  Keep doing that ... I love it
                  Last edited by Martina Magnus; 04 January 2011, 06:49 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Martina Magnus View Post
                    Oh O_o you don't want me dead ? ... but you are killing me with your arts !!!
                    Keep doing that ... I love it
                    Hey, just for the record, we have a special "link" - me and Tina. If she dies, I die too So be careful, Olwen, ok?
                    Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
                    / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha.Majka View Post
                      Hey, just for the record, we have a special "link" - me and Tina. If she dies, I die too So be careful, Olwen, ok?
                      Ou yeah she is right Olwen If you kill me, she dies too ...
                      and suddenly you will became serial killer
                      sigpic

Comment

Wow. I like the idea of Photoshop being a serial killer's weapon... LOL
                        sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Awesome picspam Elaine
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Martina Magnus View Post
                              Awesome picspam Elaine
                              Thanks Tina
                              sigpic

Comment

No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Working...
                                X