No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ARGH!! I will never ever again leave this site for this long!! You guys are insanely productive little Teslenites!!! Gah! This is why I need to just pay the extra money for internet on my cell!

Pan!! Omg! I LOVVVEEDDDD your picture! *SQUEEEE!*
    sigpic

P.S. You look hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
      WELCOME!!!!!!!!! The more shippers, the merrier!

Spoiler:
      I like what you said about crossing a line w/ Niko in terms of hurting Helen. It's so true. We've seen it with that scene you mentioned in "The Five." That was definitely more than him trying to save his potential "partner in crime"--he got REALLY angry. Like, REALLY angry. So angry that Helen actually had to tell him to stop before he went too far.

And then when the Cabal fired that mini-death-ray, he shoved her out of the way so she wouldn't get hit. And of course, in EoN...this was more subtle, but he was SO trying to protect her from the pain of the truth by making the weapon that would only disable Ashley even though he knew right away that it wasn't going to work. Instead of getting right in Helen's face and saying, "Y'know, look...the only way to do this is to kill your daughter," he tried to do what he could with the weapon to spare Helen from having to hear that immediately. So sweet

And especially if it's John hurting Helen...oh, that would just make it 10x worse. Just because it's John. I agree, I don't think the two EVER liked each other, even when they first met. I think it's more than jealousy on Niko's part--I think he has always sensed that uncontrolled "darkness" in John that has NOTHING to do with an entity inside of him but is part of his actual character. I think Niko sensed that even before they injected themselves with the Source Blood. At least he and Watson were just like...whatever...he only teased him, but with John, he gets a bit more harsh and tries to provoke his rage, b/c he knows it's in there and he knows John can't keep good control of it, whether he has some thing in him or not.
      Thanks for the welcome

Spoiler:
      EoN really proved that he does care for Helen (if there was any doubt).

I agree with you about it being more then simple jealousy on Nikola's part. IMO John has that darkness in him, long before the days of source blood and the entity, and the entity made him lost control of it. So I completely agree with Nikola sensing it and distrusting John's seemly charming soft spoken gentleman appearance. Watson and Tesla didn't really have any scenes together but I doubt they close friends in the James/John were nor strongly disliked each other the way Nikola/John. I would imagine they respected each other and playful relationship as you say teasing one another. Tesla seems genuinely upset that Watson was dying/dead. I love that little look JY had in his reaction shot. It said so much and was so small.

I think you're right about Nikola trying to provoke John. He just deals with him in a more harsh manner as you say. It sorta feels like he wants Druitt to lose control so he can go "ah-ha! I was right you can't trust him, now I can safely kick his ass and look like a hero."

Well, Rose already did that in her fic...and needless to say, Niko got VERY, VERY, VERY mad.
      What's the name of the fic? Or Link? I'd love to read it

Originally posted by Pan View Post
      Hey, guys!

I made a gif:
      http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/5179/gifteslen1.gif

Teslen makes me feel creative lol
      That's wonderful! I'm in direr need of Tesla/Helen animations for my LJ sidebar and general internet sig use.
      Last edited by angelfire east; 13 January 2010, 04:46 PM. Reason: add more quotes
      Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

Originally posted by angelfire east View Post
        Thanks for the welcome

Spoiler:
        EoN really proved that he does care for Helen (if there was any doubt).

I agree with you about it being more then simple jealousy on Nikola's part. IMO John has that darkness in him, long before the days of source blood and the entity, and the entity made him lost control of it. So I completely agree with Nikola sensing it and distrusting John's seemly charming soft spoken gentleman appearance. Watson and Tesla didn't really have any scenes together but I doubt they close friends in the James/John were nor strongly disliked each other the way Nikola/John. I would imagine they respected each other and playful relationship as you say teasing one another. Tesla seems genuinely upset that Watson was dying/dead. I love that little look JY had in his reaction shot. It said so much and was so small.

I think you're right about Nikola trying to provoke John. He just deals with him in a more harsh manner as you say. It sorta feels like he wants Druitt to lose control so he can go "ah-ha! I was right you can't trust him, now I can safely kick his ass and look like a hero."
        HEY THERE WELCOME!!! sorry i totally didn't say that sooner

Spoiler:
        Druitt definately has that darkness in him before, and Helen knows it as she stated in the famous "Predilection for killing" line and if Helen knows it then Nikola definately does. I've never really contemplated how Nikola felt about James death, probably since the only person he was ever truly close with in the Five was Helen. The reaction that dear Jonathon did certainly seems to be one of genuine upset but i think it also could also be concern about Helen's state at the moment since Nikola obviously knows what James meant to her.

I love when Nikola gets all snark-fest on Druitt! I totally wish there would be a legit fight between them only because Nikola would own.

Just watched Sleepers with the commentary by Damian and Amanda over it on syfy.com. yup. still cried even though all you could here was those two talking hahaha Im such a Teslen!
        sigpic
        thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Wow folks you've been chatty!

I think so many people missed Pan's wallie because Pan had edited the post or something like this Admit it, Pan!!!

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
          Made these wallies and they are my firsts ever, so I'm not sure if they should make the calander, but I should at least post them

SQUEEEEEEEE!!! Nad, they are amazing! The look on Helen's face in the second one... *hyperventilates* SQUEEE! SQUEEEEEEEEE!

Now the only question is - do you have (even) larger versions?

And I am pretty sure they will make a great calendar!
          "Are you like, a crazy person?"
          "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

i want to piggy-back of of what es just said to Dutch....make them for the calendar!!! or at the very least the second oneee
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
              I think so many people missed Pan's wallie because Pan had edited the post or something like this Admit it, Pan!!!
              I think I'm on moderation.

Comment

LONG LIVE THE TESLENITES!!!
                ^I need to put that in my sig. LOL
                Done and done.

Hey, guys!

I made a gif:

Ahhhh! Best shippy moment to date!

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post

which reminds me, in hit me last night that if anybody besides myself decides to do this fic challenges and its still around in April we should have that months theme be "Helen and Nikola: ON A BOAT!!"
                ...Am I the only one who immediately thought of the Lonely Island song?

Hey, angelfire east the name of the fic is Don't Die Before I Do and here's a link just for you as a welcome present from me!!!!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5633140/...ie_Before_I_Do

P.S. I haven't updated in awhile because i'm trying to write other things at the same time, so if you like this, please be patient and I'll try to update soon! ^_^

Comment

Thanks so much for all the kind words on the WP's, ladies! That's really nice to see for a WP newbie
                  *hugs*

Hey, guys!

I made a gif:
                  http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/5179/gifteslen1.gif

*happy sigh*
                  I love that moment. Love the gif. Love them. Love you too.

Just watched Sleepers with the commentary by Damian and Amanda over it on syfy.com. yup. still cried even though all you could here was those two talking hahaha Im such a Teslen!
                  The podcasts are awesome. Knowing about the music made that last scene even better. I wish they would have explained a little more inside things about the ep, though... Oh well, I have hope for the DVD.

Now the only question is - do you have (even) larger versions?

And I am pretty sure they will make a great calendar!
                  I do. I made them in 1600X1200, but my photobucket won't take them...
                  Any tips and tricks?

I think I'm on moderation.
                  *nods*
                  Keep posting, dear probie! You will get there and we will enjoy the goodness you post in Real Time!
                  (I have to say that I'm glad I joined before the whole moderation thing was going on...)
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I do. I made them in 1600X1200, but my photobucket won't take them...
                    Any tips and tricks?
                    You have to choose 1 Mb file size restriction in the upload options. Now there seems to be a picture size restriction set.
                    "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                    "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Hey, guys! I love all the fics, thanks for sharing!

Tonight I will watch Hautend!

*nods*
                      Keep posting, dear probie! You will get there and we will enjoy the goodness you post in Real Time!
                      (I have to say that I'm glad I joined before the whole moderation thing was going on...)
                      Hope it won't take too long.

I've made another gif.

Comment

Pan thanks for the gif

The podcasts are awesome. Knowing about the music made that last scene even better. I wish they would have explained a little more inside things about the ep, though... Oh well, I have hope for the DVD.
                        i loved the music in that last scene and learning more about it made just that much more amazing. i wish they would release a soundtrack CD for this show, or at least that episode bc i would so put it on my IPod and blast in the car constantly!

....i really need to put Long Live the Teslenites in my signature too...*scurries off to do that!*

hmmm. once this calendar stuff is done (or maybe during) somebody should make a signature pic about the Teslenites for us!
                        sigpic

Comment

You have to choose 1 Mb file size restriction in the upload options. Now there seems to be a picture size restriction set.
                          Alright, I'll give that a go then. Thanks.

i loved the music in that last scene and learning more about it made just that much more amazing. i wish they would release a soundtrack CD for this show, or at least that episode bc i would so put it on my IPod and blast in the car constantly!

....i really need to put Long Live the Teslenites in my signature too...*scurries off to do that!*

hmmm. once this calendar stuff is done (or maybe during) somebody should make a signature pic about the Teslenites for us!
                          Oh yeah! The music is awesome.
                          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

lovely gifs
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks!

i loved the music in that last scene and learning more about it made just that much more amazing.
                              I agree, that music was great! Do you know its name?

Comment

I love Sleepers's podcast. I agree with DutchIndeed about wishing they talked more about the episode. Do they make the new commentaries for the DVD or just use podcasts?

The music used at the end of Sleeper and knowing it ws made for JY only makes it more meaningful. I really love Sanctuary's music. I wish they'd put a CD out so I could listen daily.

Brilliant animation Pan. Would it be okay for me to use it on my LJ? I'd give you full credit and resize it to fit with my other animations. I understand completely if you don't want me too

Rose "Snapjinx" McKnight I'm completely in love with your story!!! It's one of my favorite Nikola/Helen stories I can't wait for the next update and I will try to be patient

Thanks for the welcome guys
                                Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

Working...
                                X