X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NE1e19448Nf42a

Amanda Tapping and Robin Dunne Find Sanctuary

I'm curious how the dynamics are going to change between the characters and that and I don't know if I should say what happened, I don't know if everybody saw it, but how like things are going to be different this year with the characters relationships and everything?

Amanda Tapping: I think because it's our second season you're going to see a lot of changes in terms of the interpersonal relationships. I think Season 1 was very much about introducing everybody - introducing the Sanctuary itself, the creatures, what everyone does and where they come from. And so now Season 2 is just - now we get to play within those parameters. And obviously we start our season with a massive - we ended Season 1 with a massive cliffhanger and start with this very highly intense two-part episode. And not to tease anything up but it, you know, it looks like things are changing at the Sanctuary. Season - Episode 3 will be very much about trying to rectify that situation and I don't know how much we're allowed to say. There are changes and we are bringing in new characters. You'll see a lot more of Henry this year than you did last year. We're bringing in a wonderful new character named Kate Freelander. The relationship between and Druitt and Magnus changes and most importantly the relationship between Magnus and Will becomes, I think, so much deeper and so much more intense.

Robin Dunne: I think it's because like, you know, everything is really falling apart around us. There's going to be, you know, more of blunt relationship more of like a brutal honesty between all of the characters particularly Magnus and Will because really, you know, kind of our lives depend on it. We can't, like, we can't afford to be anything but, you know, brutally honest with each other. And I think there's going to be, you know, definite strains in the relationship over this season. But because of those strains, I think all the relationships will get stronger, you know, because of that.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Another article resulting from the recent conference call.

"Amanda Tapping and Robin Dunne Find Sanctuary"
      http://www.movieweb.com/news/NE1e19448Nf42a

Comment

http://www.cinemaspy.com/article.php?id=3273

Interview: Amanada Tapping and Robin Dunne
        Stars of 'Sanctuary' discuss Season Two; plus watch the preview

EXCERPT: Sanctuary has come a long way since it started life as an Internet series produced out of a crumbling brick building in Vancouver's Gastown district. What was then an independently financed series of eight Webisodes attracted devoted fans ever before they debuted. Those fans were rewarded with a high quality product buttressed by in impressive cast and crew that included creator Damian Kindler, director Martin Wood, executive producer and star Amanada Tapping, executive producer N. John Smith and Tapping's co-stars Robin Dunne, Emilie Ullerup and Christopher Heyerdahl. Several of these personnel were already familiar with each other through their involvement in Stargate, so the ingredients were already in place for a successful and innovative foray into new media.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

http://www.splatterfilms.com/news/NE1e19448Nf42a

EXCERPT: I'm curious how the dynamics are going to change between the characters and that and I don't know if I should say what happened, I don't know if everybody saw it, but how like things are going to be different this year with the characters relationships and everything?

Amanda Tapping: I think because it's our second season you're going to see a lot of changes in terms of the interpersonal relationships. I think Season 1 was very much about introducing everybody - introducing the Sanctuary itself, the creatures, what everyone does and where they come from. And so now Season 2 is just - now we get to play within those parameters. And obviously we start our season with a massive - we ended Season 1 with a massive cliffhanger and start with this very highly intense two-part episode. And not to tease anything up but it, you know, it looks like things are changing at the Sanctuary. Season - Episode 3 will be very much about trying to rectify that situation and I don't know how much we're allowed to say. There are changes and we are bringing in new characters. You'll see a lot more of Henry this year than you did last year. We're bringing in a wonderful new character named Kate Freelander. The relationship between and Druitt and Magnus changes and most importantly the relationship between Magnus and Will becomes, I think, so much deeper and so much more intense.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Heads up to those in Canada. Inner Space on the Space channel is to have a segment on Sanctuary tonight. It will be on after Supernatural. Check your local listings.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              Heads up to those in Canada. Inner Space on the Space channel is to have a segment on Sanctuary tonight. It will be on after Supernatural. Check your local listings.
              Somebody please "tape" that. Put it on you tube or something

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                Some non-luddite (that lets out me and Mandy) please do what kes asked.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

EH-T I copied what you wrote about the Space channel thingy and posted it on Twitter and FB.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                    http://www.splatterfilms.com/news/NE1e19448Nf42a

EXCERPT: I'm curious how the dynamics are going to change between the characters and that and I don't know if I should say what happened, I don't know if everybody saw it, but how like things are going to be different this year with the characters relationships and everything?

REST AT LINK ABOVE
                    Oh boy, only 9 more days!

Ask Mandy? Why not just ask me? I'm the one who gave y'all these after all-

Amanda Tapping at Comic Con-Fidential 2008 In HQ
                    Amanda Tapping on The Circuit- The Final Chevron In HQ
                    Amanda Tapping on The Circuit- Tapping into Sanctuary In HQ
                    Amanda Tapping on The Circuit- Amanda on Ghost Hunters Live 2008 In HQ
                    Robin Dunne on The Circuit- Sanctuary Renewed & Working with Amanda Tapping In HQ
                    Amanda Tapping on The Circuit- Amanda Taps on Fan Outrage In HQ
                    Amanda Tapping's intros to the original Sanctuary Webisodes on TV In HQ
                    Stargate: Ark of Truth Space Promo In HQ
                    Tube Tales- Stargate SG-1 In HQ
                    Stargate: SG-1 Series Finale- Space Promo In HQ
                    Amanda Tapping on Hypaspace 1 In HQ
                    Stargate Movie Marathon- Space Promo In HQ
                    Stargate: Atlantis Season 4: A New Leader- Space Promo In HQ
                    Stargate Atlantis: Season 4 DVD- Space Promo In HQ
                    Stargate Continuum DVD- Space Promo In HQ
                    Amanda Tapping on ET Canada In HQ
                    Sanctuary Season 2- Space Promo 1 In HQ
                    Sanctuary Season 2- Space Promo 2 In HQ

Last edited by Rocky89; 05 October 2009, 10:41 AM.

Comment

You rock!
                      No, no, no, this woman rocks-
                      Spoiler:

Comment

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0965394/usercomments

Canadian TV is on a roll. Sanctuary is a breath of fresh air.

Sanctuary is a fun show to watch. Amanda Tapping and crew do a fine job of telling interesting stories. Many of the story lines came straight from the webisodes. However, the topics were highly compelling, the acting wonderful; especially with all the green screens, and the production may be the wave of the future for most TV series.

I would not be surprised if several of the actors receive awards for their acting. In addition, I expect to see several technical awards for the production of the show.

Christopher Heyerdahl plays a couple of characters that are very different from each other. From the first episode of season one to the last, got to see his range as an actor.

Most of the time when an actor or actress plays a role for a very long time, the way Amanda Tapping played Samantha Carter, it is can be difficult to remove that image from the audiences mind. In Sanctuary, Amanda Tapping proves yet again what a fine actress she is as Helen Magnus. She created a new entertaining character for her public to support and care about.

I know I don't normally post reviews here, but I found this nice review of at IMDb, and I felt like sharing.
                        Last edited by Rocky89; 30 September 2009, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Like I posted elsewhere, Well, it's done, I have it and I'll upload it tomorrow . I won't say anything here either, I'll let y'all watch it for yourselves, but I will say this though, Amanda looked so stunning and Robin hates to wear pants . Now, if only Amanda shared his attitude.

Btw, on Oct 2 on another episode of Inner Space, there's going to be a special behind the scenes look at Sanctuary, which I will also tape and upload
                          Last edited by Rocky89; 30 September 2009, 07:52 PM.

Comment

MAJOR SPOILERS! Pretty much a complete description of the End of Nights pt 1

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/sanct...2/default.html

Comment

MAJOR SPOILERS! Pretty much a complete description of the End of Nights pt 1

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/sanct...2/default.html
                              Wow!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X