Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate: Continuum / Atlantis / Sanctuary - GateWorld: Martin Wood Video Interview Part 2

From GateWorld:

(Please follow the link to view the video and/or read the transcript.)

MAN OF VISION

GateWorld talks with Martin Wood

Martin Wood has been involved with Stargate since the very first season of SG-1 and has directed nearly a quarter of the franchise. GateWorld has considered itself long overdue for an in-depth discussion with this influential producer. We spoke with him at the Stage 3 Media offices earlier this year.

In Part Two of our video interview, GateWorld talks with Wood about some of his favorite scenes from Stargate Continuum, memorable shows he directed over his decade-long run with the franchise, and his new personal frontiers with Sanctuary.

GateWorld's interview with Martin runs approximately 19 minutes. The video requires QuickTime 7.0 or higher. The interview is also available at GateWorld Play! Rather not view the video? It's also transcribed below!

Check out Part One of our interview here!

A brief excerpt:

W: What do you think are going to be some of your favorite Sanctuary episodes? They're all you, right?

MW: Sanctuary is a different animal because the germ for it started down here, and we built it up together, Amanda and Damian and I, and Sam Egan is a part of that too. There's four of us that will sit in here and start battling it out about what the world is going to be, and the coolest part about creating something is that you're actually talking about what the world is, what the rules are.

I sat in here one day and said "No magic. We don't have any magic." And everybody fought that and came around to the point where you have to have rules like that. You start looking at some of the things I know Brad and Robert and Paul and Joe would love to not be part of the mythology of Stargate and you learn. "No, don't ever shoot anybody three times with a zat'ni'katel. That's got to go out."

Beaming technology, which changes the way that your whole mythology has to move. As soon as you inject something like that in now you have to write around it.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

July 23rd

Sanctuary Bridges Real, Fantasy

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=2&id=57990

excerpt:

Damian Kindler, creator and executive producer of SCI FI Channel's upcoming supernatural series Sanctuary, told SCI FI Wire that he strove to make something that bridged the real and fantastical, with a graphic-novel style that hasn't been seen before.

"I felt there was definitely room for something that bridged the gap between very real ... drama shows on the edge, like The X-Files--which took drama to a new place and said, 'Oh, we can make dramas compelling and character-based, but with a very strange tone to them'--and ... the all-out fantasy stuff, like Heroes," Kindler said in an interview at the Television Critics Association summer press tour in Beverly Hills, Calif., over the weekend.

Kindler, a former writer on Stargate SG-1, added: "I feel like Sanctuary has the ability to be like a really cool graphic novel you've never seen yet. ... It's got [a] graphic-novel feel and look and tone and attitude and visuals, but you've never seen it before. It's not like, 'Oh, they did a crap job at adapting it.' It's not adapted from anything."

Sanctuary, which began life as an online series, centers on Dr. Helen Magnus (Amanda Tapping), who tracks the mysterious creatures that live among us, abnormal offshoots of evolution in the fringes of society. She harbors the benign ones in a Sanctuary and protects the world from the dangerous ones. She is joined in this quest by her fearless daughter, Ashley (Emilie Ullerup); quirky tech whiz Henry; and a new recruit, Will (Robin Dunne), a brilliant psychiatrist/profiler with a knack for finding the strange and unusual.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

SG1/SGA/Sanctuary - SciFi Stream: Exclusive: Interview with Amanda Tapping:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1594

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SciFi.com announced there will be a special sneak peek during EUREKA's season premiere on July 29th (next Tuesday)

Comment

Sanctuary - Sneak Peek during Eureka Season 3 Premiere Tue July 29 at 9pm:

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Stargate / Sanctuary - Amanda Tapping - The Windsor Star:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1609

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post

GAHHH!! I misssed it! I fell asleep! Do you know if anybody out there has recorded & posted the sneak peak? Help!? Please?

(knocks self in head repeatedly, "stupid, stupid, stupid"...)
                sigpic

Comment

As one of its webviewers I am happy that Sanctuary has made it to the TV format, but at the same time I am a little pissed at Tapping, Wood and Kindler for pulling down access to the episodes I purchased. Not a great way to treat the people who were there for them to get this show rolling (I'll get over it). Sorry for the little rant....

Comment

Originally posted by ciri93 View Post
                    As one of its webviewers I am happy that Sanctuary has made it to the TV format, but at the same time I am a little pissed at Tapping, Wood and Kindler for pulling down access to the episodes I purchased. Not a great way to treat the people who were there for them to get this show rolling (I'll get over it). Sorry for the little rant....
                    The whole site is down. Perhaps it'll be back when the site is revamped. They own that material, not Sci-Fi. Give 'em a break, they are busy making sure they meet the dealines needed to get the show out on time. They are operating on a limited budget (as in at least some of the executive producers have waved their salaries to make the budget work). Besides, most of the info in the old site was no longer relevent and *needed* to come down so it didn't cause (even more) confusion.

Have you tried e-mailing them? There's an e-mail address
                    www.stage3media.com

suse
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by sanctuary4all View Post
                      GAHHH!! I misssed it! I fell asleep! Do you know if anybody out there has recorded & posted the sneak peak? Help!? Please?

I think someone has posted it somewhere. But really, calling it a sneak peak was overly generous. Felt like an attempt to get me to watch the commercials during Eureka. I scanned them, that's all.More like a very quick ad. I'd call a sneak peak at least a minute. This was the standard 30 seconds, if that.

suse
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by sanctuary4all View Post

I did....

http://www.4shared.com/file/57163001...on_SciFi.html?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post

Why she dyed her hair burnette? I like her as blonde.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                            The whole site is down. Perhaps it'll be back when the site is revamped. They own that material, not Sci-Fi. Give 'em a break, they are busy making sure they meet the dealines needed to get the show out on time. They are operating on a limited budget (as in at least some of the executive producers have waved their salaries to make the budget work). Besides, most of the info in the old site was no longer relevent and *needed* to come down so it didn't cause (even more) confusion.

Have you tried e-mailing them? There's an e-mail address
                            www.stage3media.com

suse
                            Suse, thanks for the email link, but like I said I'll get over it. I just really wanted to watch those clips again since they re-shot everything for the 2-hour premiere. I know they're all working hard to make things work...too bad they wouldn't have given us mere mortals a chance to buy into the company though.

Comment

Originally posted by Earthgate Ricky View Post
                              Why she dyed her hair burnette? I like her as blonde.
                              She could have decided on the change for several reasons :

( speculation begins ) :

To make it clear she isn't playing a Samantha Carter redux in Sanctuary ?

For comfort ? Wigs are hellishly hot to wear under normal conditions,but studios are hot places .
                              ( Personally,I like the dyed hair much better than the webisode-wig )

Perhaps she just fancied an image change ? Actresses change with the roles they play all the time,right ?

Could be any of these reasons...or none.Just spec on my part .
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-st...0,595017.story

Shanks Loves the Heat on 'Burn Notice'

By Kate O'Hare
                                August 14, 2008

from interview with Michael Shanks………

He has no plans to appear on "Sanctuary," the new Sci Fi Channel series from "SG-1" and "Stargate Atlantis" star Amanda Tapping, premiering Oct. 3. [2008]

"It's Amanda's show," Shanks says, "and she wants to make it very clear it's not 'Stargate.' As much as she'd like to have friends over there, at the same time, she has her own mark to make with that show."

Comment

Working...
                                X