Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This may be coming just a little bit late, but

HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND HAVE A GREAT NEW YEAR!

Comment

Not all that late. It's still the holidays, tomorrow is New Year's Eve,at least here it is.

On the edge of breaking down
      sigpic
      Banner made by me

Comment

FromOutside, glad you did well on your test & Glitch33, sorry to hear you don't think you did so well.

Hopefully the holidays went well for everybody otherwise.

I've always wondered about why Tesla used the name Heinrich in 'Sleepers' & if it was because Henry came to his mind. Because it was one of his more regular names for him & I always thought that he was more impressed with Henry's skill then he let on.

Comment

I honestly think it did have something to do with Henry even though he didn't know Henry as well when Sleepers occurred, then again I think it was completely unrelated to Henry period

sigpic
          Banner made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Bonniesrg View Post
            I've always wondered about why Tesla used the name Heinrich in 'Sleepers' & if it was because Henry came to his mind. Because it was one of his more regular names for him & I always thought that he was more impressed with Henry's skill then he let on.
            I wonder why he calls Henry Heinrich. I know it is a cognate of Henry and some other names but why Heinrich? It is a funny word to say but is that the whole reason?

The only way I can link werewolves and Heinrich is Heinrich Himmler's Unternehmen Werwolf (Operation Werewolf). As the names hint, it was a Nazi operation/organization during WWII, and doesn't seem to click. I think there was also a serial killer who was dubbed as werewolf of something, and who had Heinrich somewhere in his name, but memory doesn't serve further. Doesn't seem to click either.

Comment

I think he just picked it to sound more foreign, he couldn't use Nikola Tesla now could he? That would've been a dead give away.

sigpic
              Banner made by me

Comment

Heinrich Baumslager is decidedly German, a language the real Tesla could speak. (Not so sure about J/Y though) and at one point or another in history Germany has been on the brink of some new technology or medical breakthrough. He calls Henry 'Heinrich' for the same reason he calls Will 'Vilhelm' it's just his native tongue. He slips from one language to another quite quickly and easily.
                sigpic
                Wonderful Signature made by the increadible Nikola

Comment

I knew that I wish he actually did though like what we have him do in our rps. I think it would've been funny to see Nikola get so ticked off at one point that he just starts shouting away in Serbian but that would've taken Jon a long time to learn what to say.

Not sure if I can post this pic, but I will, if I can't I'll take it down. Just thought you girls would enjoy it *hides*
                  sigpic
                  Banner made by me

Comment

Happy New Year everyone! Hope your new year starts off WAY better than mine did!
                    sigpic
                    Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Originally posted by Glitch33 View Post

Not sure if I can post this pic, but I will, if I can't I'll take it down. Just thought you girls would enjoy it *hides*
                      Pandering to the masses is a good thing on occasion.

Happy New Year everyone.

Comment

Picspam. Its a pressie for my Koala but I think he'll forgive me for sharing

Knowitall.JPG
                        sigpic
                        Wonderful Signature made by the increadible Nikola

Comment

Unfortunately I spent New Years days in the Emergency Room and now my arm burns from where they put the IV cus they put it in a very unusual place.

sigpic
                          Banner made by me

Comment

Sorry to hear that, Glitch

My new years eve was nice. I dressed in a top that showed the most tasteful amount of cleavage (read: I had two-sided adhesive tape with me so that the top wouldn't reveal something I'd rather not to reveal in public). We had fireworks (the most impressive of which was the stick used to lit them up), and of course, punch (that wasn't very tasty and didn't contain nearly enough celebration spirit imho). So, far from epic, but nice

Btw I hope your hand(?) is feeling ok now. It is surprising how small needles can make skin hurt after the needle is long gone

Comment

Thanks FO, but the IV wasn't in my hand. It was in my elbow which is still bruised and swollen

sigpic
                              Banner made by me

Comment

Ouch! Glitch33 sorry to hear your New Year was spent in the hospital. I hope the bruising & swelling is completely or mostly gone by now.

Serbian speaking Tesla would have been fun, but I loved all the other little words here & there that he came out with in other languages.

Comment

Working...
                                X