Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're welcome Yamii
    Spoiler:

Tinnec I agree and you're welcome for all the pics. That's my job as thread elf , but I miss my assistant thread elf
    On the edge of breaking down
    sigpic
    Banner made by me

Comment

Here is my next entry for the current AFA thread challenge, A Niko set that is snurchable.

Enjoy!
      sigpic
      Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

I just spent days at summer cottage,without Internet... It is good to be back (There wasn't running water either but who cares about that)

yamiinsane, I think I am past the point where any kind of tutorial would do any help But if you'd like to help me, it'd be great!

tinnec, welcome It is nice to see new nicks, even after the show was not renewed

Comment

Thanks!
          So sad about the show! I think I read somewhere that AT was hoping for at least five seasons to wrap up the series, but it did have a nice ending with a new beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
            Here is my next entry for the current AFA thread challenge, A Niko set that is snurchable.

Enjoy!
            Pretty! *snurches*

Originally posted by tinnec View Post
            Thanks!
            So sad about the show! I think I read somewhere that AT was hoping for at least five seasons to wrap up the series, but it did have a nice ending with a new beginning.
            welcome tinnec. I'm still sad that Sanctuary is over, but I agree TPTB did give us a decent ending, which in a way wasn't an ending.

FromOutside: I admire your persistence. Learning to do sigs is something I want to learn to do but never seem to find enough time to sit down and actually get started. I need a "quick & easy for dummies" version.
            sigpic
            Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

I'm sure that I can create an in depth tutorial for you FO. Choose which piece of art that you would like to write up and I'll type it up. I'll even include pics for you to follow, if you think those will help

Thank you Six! All you need is patience/time when learning about a program. I've downloaded Blender and I still haven't got the slightest clue on how to use it. I've downloaded books, etc and I still can't figure it out..... This means that I don't really have patience...
              sigpic
              Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Yami: You're welcome. I actually downloaded Gimp months ago, but I have yet to get it up and working and try it out! I've just got too much going on to take time to learn it. BTW *virtual green* and thanks, since I still can't green you.
                sigpic
                Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                  welcome tinnec. I'm still sad that Sanctuary is over, but I agree TPTB did give us a decent ending, which in a way wasn't an ending.
                  I've been seeing this a lot and cannot for the life of me figure it out. I've guessed "the people/producers that..." and then I'm lost. What does TPTB stand for?

Comment

yamiinsane, I am one of those people who understand stuff in depth or not at all :/ Maybe I'll take time to learn after my thesis is history...

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post

FromOutside: I admire your persistence. Learning to do sigs is something I want to learn to do but never seem to find enough time to sit down and actually get started. I need a "quick & easy for dummies" version.
                    To be honest, I am somewhat happy with the ending. It was a new beginning for Helen, and beginnings are always good parts for the story to end. I wished there were more, sure, but I can't say the series ended like it shouldn't have There was closure with many things; with John, with different governments... The series is called Sanctuary, and I am happy that the story of Sanctuary network was told as it was. Helen, Nikola, Will, Kate... They will continue on, and it bugs me I will never know how it all ends. But it is how life goes, if I think about it. Stories end, others begin. Personally, I don't like ending that answer all of the questions. Life doesn't work like that, and even if (when) the fiction isn't supposed to work like real life, I like it when things like that imitate life.

(Lol, I think even quick & easy for dummies is too difficult for me The problem is, the software does what I tell it to do, not what I think I want it to do xD )

I've been seeing this a lot and cannot for the life of me figure it out. I've guessed "the people/producers that..." and then I'm lost. What does TPTB stand for?
                    The Powers That Be In short, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_pow...at_be_(phrase)

Comment

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
                      yamiinsane, I am one of those people who understand stuff in depth or not at all :/ Maybe I'll take time to learn after my thesis is history...

To be honest, I am somewhat happy with the ending. It was a new beginning for Helen, and beginnings are always good parts for the story to end. I wished there were more, sure, but I can't say the series ended like it shouldn't have There was closure with many things; with John, with different governments... The series is called Sanctuary, and I am happy that the story of Sanctuary network was told as it was. Helen, Nikola, Will, Kate... They will continue on, and it bugs me I will never know how it all ends. But it is how life goes, if I think about it. Stories end, others begin. Personally, I don't like ending that answer all of the questions. Life doesn't work like that, and even if (when) the fiction isn't supposed to work like real life, I like it when things like that imitate life.

(Lol, I think even quick & easy for dummies is too difficult for me The problem is, the software does what I tell it to do, not what I think I want it to do xD )

The Powers That Be In short, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_pow...at_be_(phrase)
                      Ohhh! Thanks for clearing that up!

The ending was...bittersweet. It wasn't totally depressing or totally happy; it was hopeful. It closed so many doors yet opened so many others. I guess some things in life will still remain a mystery.

To stay on topic, I wonder if Tesla helped with the Sanctuary...or do you think he'll stay with Helen in New Sanctuary?

Comment

Ohhh!
                        To stay on topic, I wonder if Tesla helped with the Sanctuary...or do you think he'll stay with Helen in New Sanctuary?
                        You mean if Tesla helped building the new Sanctuary? I don't think he did, not knowingly anyway. Helen wouldn't risk chancing the history for his help, no matter how much she wanted it. If he'll stay, that is more difficult question. I think he wants to stay, and Helen wants him there, but he'll leave anyway. It is difficult to explain... I think they are either too old to live under the same roof, of way too young. They could have grown up together, but they didn't, and now the are waiting to grow old alone. When the centuries chance, maybe they'll belong just because they are the only ones to remember the good (or bad) old times, but now they are too restless, too consumed by their own agenda. Helen had her Sanctuary, Nikola... Well, he used to have his the wish to resurrect the vampiric race, but it seems like the thought has passed. Maybe his true poison is science, wish to accomplish even more.

Comment

Wow it got active without me .... Do you not need my picspam any more
                          Spoiler:

only joking .... Snurched your newest art Yamii
                          sigpic
                          Banner made by me

Comment

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
                            You mean if Tesla helped building the new Sanctuary? I don't think he did, not knowingly anyway. Helen wouldn't risk chancing the history for his help, no matter how much she wanted it. If he'll stay, that is more difficult question. I think he wants to stay, and Helen wants him there, but he'll leave anyway. It is difficult to explain... I think they are either too old to live under the same roof, of way too young. They could have grown up together, but they didn't, and now the are waiting to grow old alone. When the centuries chance, maybe they'll belong just because they are the only ones to remember the good (or bad) old times, but now they are too restless, too consumed by their own agenda. Helen had her Sanctuary, Nikola... Well, he used to have his the wish to resurrect the vampiric race, but it seems like the thought has passed. Maybe his true poison is science, wish to accomplish even more.
                            Mmk, that makes sense. Helen wanted things to remain the same (excluding the addition of New Sanctuary, which leads me to wonder what she did to earn enough money to build it...perhaps she studied and revisited the Praxians?).

But since Helen and Nikola are the only two left of the Five, would that draw them closer together? They only have each other for eternity because both won't die of natural causes (at least Helen won't for a very long time).

Actually I think I understand what you mean. Nikola, no matter how much he and Helen hit it off and have fun, does not seem to stay in the same place long and would feel enclosed there (unless Helen builds him a magnificent lab). Restless is a great word to describe both of them. They chose their paths and their paths are the ones that they like and bring them happiness. They intertwine a lot (and should more often) which brings them together, but...is it destiny that drives them apart? Fear of commtitment? Restlessness? Could they actually work out if they tried?

I could see Nikola changing over time if he stayed connected with Helen. She's always giving him lectures and making him think of others and not just himself. Sometimes it works, so it seems there's a spark of hope for him to be a better person?
                            I totally admire Nikola (and Helen, too, of course) for keeping busy all these years. He doesn't just use his powers to gain all the pleasures in life; no, he works and keeps thinking and inventing and wants to put his name in history again. I give him props for that. An active, curious mind that is isn't always sated is what the world needs. He does what he enjoys for a living. Though his actions are performed for himself, Jonathon said it best that Nikola "loves ideas above all else," which is prime for this character and scientists in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Glitch33 View Post
                              Wow it got active without me .... Do you not need my picspam any more
                              Spoiler:

only joking .... Snurched your newest art Yamii
                              This page definitely needs more pics

Comment

This page definitely needs more pics
                                I can fix that
                                Spoiler:

Glad to be of service .... And I have pics from Stockholm but haven't uploaded them yet. I'll get to that
                                sigpic
                                Banner made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X