Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
    LOl me too--he's really the best Tesla there is, but being an actor myself I know what it's like to get stuck playing the same type of part and it does get frustrating when you know you can play other characters but other people just see you as "that guy/girl who played (blank)."

Although honestly I don't think J-yo minds constantly playing Tesla. He does seem to have a LOT of fun with it

And I had the whole movie project planned out in my head already with J-yo as Niko. It'll be directed by Chris Nolan, be scored by James Horner, and look a lot like A Beautiful Mind except even better than that movie was. Also, all the flashbacks to Niko's childhood will be in Serbian. And there will be pigeons!!

And then J-Yo will win an Oscar and YAY.
    I'm a trained actor to ... Taught by the Alaska Theatre of Youth Summer Conservatory every year since I was 12 and I'm 19 now, so I got six years of training under my belt to go with so .... I know how it would feel to play the same character over and over and if it's one you really enjoy like JY enjoys Tesla then I don't think I would mind either anyway I made another banner for Alex Braithwaithe and please no snurching

On the edge of breaking down
    sigpic
    Banner made by me

Comment

J-Yo is actually one of the main reasons why I'm taking up acting right now There was a video interview of him I watched two years ago and it really inspired me to get back into it again after high school. It was especially helpful since I was a college freshman in danger of failing and had no idea what to do with myself at that point. Needless to say I have good reason to hunt him down and give him a huge hug <3

And btw I love your banners
      "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
      sigpic
      Sig by ME!!!

Comment

get stuck playing the same type of part "

Although honestly I don't think J-yo minds constantly playing Tesla. He does seem to have a LOT of fun with it
        He started out playing Tesla on stage didnt he? I don't know a lot about acting as I'm just a writer. But I think with stage performance you get used to doing the same thing over and over and over. And I remeber in an article or something he was talking about playing Nikola Tesla and having a lot of fun and the more he plays him the more comfortable he is. Something like that *shrugs*
        sigpic
        Wonderful Signature made by the increadible Nikola

Comment

J-Yo is actually one of the main reasons why I'm taking up acting right now There was a video interview of him I watched two years ago and it really inspired me to get back into it again after high school. It was especially helpful since I was a college freshman in danger of failing and had no idea what to do with myself at that point. Needless to say I have good reason to hunt him down and give him a huge hug <3

And btw I love your banners
          I have to admit that although JY's not the reason I got into acting but he is a role model that I look up to. I got into acting when I was really little performing in school plays and stuff, but my uncle was an actor quite a famous one for his time unfortunately I never met him cus he died before my mom was even 20 but she talks about him all the time and I have a handful of pictures and stories, and even though I haven't met him I love him anyway, and thank you I take pride in my banners

Originally posted by Dreamweaver View Post
          He started out playing Tesla on stage didnt he? I don't know a lot about acting as I'm just a writer. But I think with stage performance you get used to doing the same thing over and over and over. And I remeber in an article or something he was talking about playing Nikola Tesla and having a lot of fun and the more he plays him the more comfortable he is. Something like that *shrugs*
          Well his claim to fame was playing Tesla, but he's been acting since he was really little in his father's theatre the Asparagus theatre along with his sister Jenny, not sure about his brother though. *shrugs* We've read all this before Helen don't you remember?
          sigpic
          Banner made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Glitchie View Post
            I have to admit that although JY's not the reason I got into acting but he is a role model that I look up to.
            Yeah but now you have to stop rotating your jaw.

Well his claim to fame was playing Tesla, but he's been acting since he was really little in his father's theatre the Asparagus theatre along with his sister Jenny, not sure about his brother though. *shrugs* We've read all this before Helen don't you remember?
            Yeah he played the mouse in Cinderella. I recall. But the first play he did with his schoolchums when they formed the ECT wasnt it Brilliant?
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah but now you have to stop rotating your jaw.
              Working on it Helen, but you know what they say once you get into a habit it's hard to get rid of it

Yeah he played the mouse in Cinderella. I recall. But the first play he did with his schoolchums when they formed the ECT wasnt it Brilliant?
              Yes ... The first play ever performed at ECT was Brilliant! The Blinding Enlightenment of Nikola Tesla
              sigpic
              Banner made by me

Comment

I just think he is an exceptional actor with such versatility and depth of character. His personality also intrigues me..and how he commands the stage when he is on it..yet he is very private and has a soft side I respect that. He does not put his life on display all over the papers and he does not only think about money..as some actors and actresses do. He does what he does because he is passionate about it..and he loves to make people happy and entertain them. To me that is worth more than money I never really did a lot of acting in high school..just a little bit. I'm extremely shy. I did do a lot of singing and was part of a chamber choir..as well as doing the singing parts for Dorothy and Glinda in my class's production of the Wizard of Oz And he has a sister named Jenny? I did not know that..that's my name
                sigpic
                artwork by the creative genius Glitch

"You won't see me cry, I'm hiding inside
                My heart is in pain but I'm smiling for you.." Stereo Love

"When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
                When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
                And I held your hand through all of these years
                But you still have
                All of me..." Evanes
                cence
                [/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora7783 View Post
                  I just think he is an exceptional actor with such versatility and depth of character. His personality also intrigues me..and how he commands the stage when he is on it..yet he is very private and has a soft side I respect that. He does not put his life on display all over the papers and he does not only think about money..as some actors and actresses do. He does what he does because he is passionate about it..and he loves to make people happy and entertain them. To me that is worth more than money And he has a sister named Jenny? I did not know that..that's my name
                  That's true Twin, I tihnk he puts everything he has into his characters and that's always good because that means the actor is passionately about what they do. Having a private life is always good to, keeps the media from shoving cameras in your face or fans throwing your favorite stuffed animals or whatever they have at you cus that can hurt. I know how that feels, had to learn it in ATY and believe me the screaming from fans is the only thing I'm not looking forward to if I ever get the chance to become famous, but I will respect my fans and yes he has a sister Jenny, and a brother Chris I believe his name is
                  sigpic
                  Banner made by me

Comment

That's true Twin, I tihnk he puts everything he has into his characters and that's always good because that means the actor is passionately about what they do. Having a private life is always good to, keeps the media from shoving cameras in your face or fans throwing your favorite stuffed animals or whatever they have at you cus that can hurt. I know how that feels, had to learn it in ATY and believe me the screaming from fans is the only thing I'm not looking forward to if I ever get the chance to become famous, but I will respect my fans and yes he has a sister Jenny, and a brother Chris I believe his name is
                    People threw stuffed animals at you? LOL and I do think you will be famous one day Just say it to yourself everyday...and it will come true. Never act defeated. That's what I always say to myself
                    sigpic
                    artwork by the creative genius Glitch

"You won't see me cry, I'm hiding inside
                    My heart is in pain but I'm smiling for you.." Stereo Love

"When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
                    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
                    And I held your hand through all of these years
                    But you still have
                    All of me..." Evanes
                    cence
                    [/CENTER]

Comment

That just makes me want to hug him for some reason. lol
                      "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME!!!

Comment

People threw stuffed animals at you? LOL and I do think you will be famous one day Just say it to yourself everyday...and it will come true. Never act defeated. That's what I always say to myself
                        Yea all part of the training I guess IDK *shrugs* I hope to be that would be awesome I keep wishing it don't worry I work very hard on my acting skills, just as Helen
                        sigpic
                        Banner made by me

Comment

Just reading your discussion made me wonder if any of you have actually seen JY perform on stage?
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

How he commands the stage when he is on it..
                            I think thats from dancing
                            That just makes me want to hug him for some reason. lol
                            LOL you need a reason?
                            Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                            Just reading your discussion made me wonder if any of you have actually seen JY perform on stage?
                            Not technically I'm on the wrong side of the continent

I work very hard on my acting skills, just as Helen
                            Dont forget us little people when you reach the top Nikola
                            sigpic

Comment

I've seen the Flannigan Affair

Dont forget us little people when you reach the top Nikola
                              Of course not Helen .... How could I ever forget you?
                              sigpic
                              Banner made by me

Comment

Hmm.. I don't think I mind other people playing Nikola Tesla. The thing is.. we will all still know that J-Yo could have done it better

Great arts Glitch (as usual!) and Dreamweaver.
                                Dreamweaver your's is so colourful! I wish I knew how to colour and animate like that!

! Perfect!

Not me. I want to though, wrong side of the world . My friend and I are planning on going to Canada hopefully next year, we're going to time it at a time when ECT has a play going with J-Yo in it so we can see him though!

Here's the only art I've had time for last few days (another icon, they are actually quite fun to make!) This one is too cluttered but the lyrics seem to fit what Nikola said to Will about love at the beginning of season 2.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X