No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for all of the video links! I shall hop off and go and watch them! I especially love the song.

I just wanted to let you guys know that I've updated LOVE IN THE TIME OF SCIENCE you can find it, and the other fics in the series here at UNTOLD_SANCTUARY

Also, I'm currently re-writing my Nikola Tesla novella and was wondering if you guys wanted to read the parts as I finish them. I'm looking for some feedback or even suggestions as to what I could include. In particular, I'm trying to find out more about the woman that was in love with Nikola in RL. Does anyone have a useful link? lol

Anyway, for those of you who are interested, here it is.

PIGEONS IN THE LIGHT

elly: "Look dude, talk to the host 'cause the goa'uld ain't listening!"

HELEN: "Do NOT walk blood through my house!"

NIKOLA: "How am I supposed to get to the infirmary then?"

HELEN: "I don't care if you sprout wings and flap there Nikola, as long as you don't wreck my good carpet."

Earth: "S**t happens" BSG: "Pencils break"

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
      OMG you know that clip from the movie I posted???? THE WHOLE THING IS ON YOUTUBE!!!!!!! It's called The Story of Nikola Tesla (except in the title it's spelled "Nicola", which made me kind of angry)...here's pt. 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mlEe...e=channel_page (and yes, it is in English--don't be fooled by the beginning credits, which are in Serbian?).

Anyhoo...elly, I have no idea where the pigeons came from. Although the scene where the one flies past the picture of Mary looks REALLY familiar...AGH!

Oh, and I found some more interesting Tesla things...

Hugh Jackman about Nikola Tesla (behind-the-scenes feature from The Prestige)
      Tesla the Superman (weird student film satire about Tesla...trust me, I mean weird...but the end is funny )
      Deleted scene from "Tesla the Superman" (about his nervous breakdown)

And this...
      Spoiler:
      This is one of the tracks from the movie Valkyrie, score composed by John Ottman. It's called "They'll Remember You", and the choral part uses text from the poem "Wandrer' s Nachtlied (Ein Gleiches)" by Goethe (who was one of Tesla's favorite poets). I instantly thought of him upon hearing it. clicky linky below to listen:They'll Remember You

lyrics (German)

Über allen Gipfeln
      Ist Ruh,
      In allen Wipfeln
      Spürest du
      Kaum einen Hauch;
      Die Vögelein schweigen im Walde,
      Warte nur, balde
      Ruhest du auch.

lyrics (English)

Over all the hilltops
      is calm.
      In all the treetops
      you feel
      hardly a breath of air.
      The little birds fall silent in the woods.
      Just wait... soon
      you'll also be at rest.

I highly encourage you to listen to it--it's stunningly beautiful and describes him so well
      wow that Valkyrie one is very powerful, and you're right totally fitting to Tesla

elly; the pigeon clips, are they from Constantine? those clips are so familiar to me also, and for some reason when i see it i think of Constantine
      "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
      "what?"
      *throat punch*
      My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
      LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

AHHH!! My dad is a control freak!!! He took my internet card away!! H ave to sneak on Mom's computer now. NEED my daily dose of JY AND NIKOLA.
        sigpic

Comment

awww that's not fun SC... why did he take it away from you?
          sigpic

Comment

not Constantine...

but it IS a famous movie

HELEN: "I don't care if you sprout wings and flap there Nikola, as long as you don't wreck my good carpet."

Comment

Originally posted by Swimmingcook View Post
              AHHH!! My dad is a control freak!!! He took my internet card away!! H ave to sneak on Mom's computer now. NEED my daily dose of JY AND NIKOLA.
              that sucks!

elly: Face Off?
              "what?"
              *throat punch*

Comment

name your PRIZE rosey! lmao

fic, vid - lol

Comment

Originally posted by ellymelly View Post
                  Thank you for all of the video links! I shall hop off and go and watch them! I especially love the song.

I just wanted to let you guys know that I've updated LOVE IN THE TIME OF SCIENCE you can find it, and the other fics in the series here at UNTOLD_SANCTUARY

Also, I'm currently re-writing my Nikola Tesla novella and was wondering if you guys wanted to read the parts as I finish them. I'm looking for some feedback or even suggestions as to what I could include. In particular, I'm trying to find out more about the woman that was in love with Nikola in RL. Does anyone have a useful link? lol

Anyway, for those of you who are interested, here it is.

PIGEONS IN THE LIGHT
                  By "woman that was in love with Tesla"...you could mean at least 5 different people, b/c there were a whole bunch that were

But the most well-known one was Katharine Johnson, wife (yes, she was already married ) of Robert Underwood Johnson, who was editor of Century Magazine. Tesla became a frequent dinner guest at their home , where they entertained such famous figures as Rudyard Kipling, Anton Dvorzak (sp?), Mark Twain, and I believe Teddy Roosevelt, among others. The other two I can think of off the top of my head were Flora Dodge and Marguerite Merrington (now, I'm not sure if she was actually in love w/ him but I do know that Tesla was definitely interested in her b/c he did ask Katharine to re-invite her to dinner ). There were a lot more, though

Anyhoo, I dunno if Katharine's infatuation w/ Tesla was ever reciprocated--I don't think anyone really knows for sure. They did write to each other frequently, though. But somewhere along the line she gave up or something and then tried setting him up with other people (which is when she started inviting various prominent women like Merrington to dinner).

In the movie that I linked a few posts ago, it's portrayed that the attraction b/t him and Katharine was mutual (the two actors have GREAT chemistry, I have to add ). For example, like in this scene (and yes, she does call him "Nicky" in it, you're not hearing incorrectly ): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjkY_...eature=related

Spoiler:
                  Now, if only he could do something like that w/ Helen on Sanctuary...

By the way, I am obsessed, if you couldn't already tell by all that info

And I LOVE IT, elly!!! OMG *NERD SPAZ* I left a comment
                  btw
                  Spoiler:
                  + + NUBBINS! = EPIC SQUEE!!!!
                  Last edited by Mimzy; 22 April 2009, 09:18 PM.
                  "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME!!!

Comment

omgz thank you so much mimz - ooh that scene is just so - *must not copy film must write original stuff* *twitches with squee*

i don't know where you get all your information from but if you ever just want to email me random tesla information i'd totally squee.

and - *starts to write sam/rodney nubbin stuff*

Comment

Originally posted by mimzy View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      now, if only he could do something like that w/ helen on sanctuary...:d
                      *writes it at once*

Comment

omgz thank you so much mimz - ooh that scene is just so - *must not copy film must write original stuff* *twitches with squee*

i don't know where you get all your information from but if you ever just want to email me random tesla information i'd totally squee.

and - *starts to write sam/rodney nubbin stuff*
                        LOL will do...
                        AND OMG and NUBBINS YAY!!!!!!!! *winknudgesquee*
                        And after that
                        Spoiler:
                        Helen/Niko + Nubbins
                        b/c goodness knows what would've happened had he been in that episode
                        *twitch*

*writes it at once*
                        Spoiler:

Nikola: *to Helen* If I ever did marry, it could only be with someone like you.

*dies of squee*
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME!!!

Comment

name your PRIZE rosey! lmao

fic, vid - lol
                          i am great... though it was my sister who suggested face off. but it's ok, she said i could have the prize!!

i'm gonna have to go with a vid, could you do a love triangle-type thing between helen-nikola-john. but with nikola liking both of them

bows to Mimzy, the tesla genius.
                          "what?"
                          *throat punch*

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
                            bows to Mimzy, the tesla genius.
                            ROFLMHO

Oh
                            I've had this fic idea bothering me for awhile...although it'll probably show up in a longer fic, but whatev
                            Spoiler:
                            Helen watching Nikola swim
                            b/c he rather did like swimming when he was younger
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
                              ROFLMHO

Oh
                              I've had this fic idea bothering me for awhile...although it'll probably show up in a longer fic, but whatev
                              Spoiler:
                              Helen watching Nikola swim
                              b/c he rather did like swimming when he was younger

ohh sounds fun does anyone have a pic of JY without shirt? just for proper visual reference of course. so that i have the proper images to go with the fic
                              "what?"
                              *throat punch*

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post

ohh sounds fun does anyone have a pic of JY without shirt? just for proper visual reference of course. so that i have the proper images to go with the fic
                                OOOOOOOOHHHHHH PICCYS!!! AAAH! *heart attack*

No...if there was a pic of him like that I would definitely already have it Someone tell Damian to, um...write something that makes him have to take it off in the show. YAY.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X