Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
    LOL yes And the Bandersnatch...I'm not sure if he was in the 1st book or the 2nd or the poem "The Jabberwocky" but he was in the movie, b/c it was like a mesh of all 3

OH!!! And there's a part where Alice goes
    Spoiler:
    "I can imagine as many as 6 impossible things before breakfast"

or something, and I was like SIX IS A MULTIPLE OF THREE

lol
    hahaha both Jabberwocky and the mention of the bandersnatch are in Through the Looking Glass....well i know Jabberwocky is but bandersnatch im not positive about...

OMGOODNESS i love those numbers i really really doo
    sigpic
    thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
      hahaha both Jabberwocky and the mention of the bandersnatch are in Through the Looking Glass....well i know Jabberwocky is but bandersnatch im not positive about...

OMGOODNESS i love those numbers i really really doo
      I never really had much interest in Lewis Carroll until I saw The Last Mimzy (hence my name LOL), which was based on a story by Lewis Padgett called "Mimsy Were the Borogroves," which was taken from a line in "The Jabberwocky." The entire story was centered around that theory that the poem was actually some sort of code for a new type of mathematics that Carroll randomly made up or something, that apparently has to do with space-time travel O.o

Anyway, the Mimzy movie was weird, but really good. Niko would probably like all the random math stuff Carroll managed to work into his writing, b/c he felt like it/was on opium ROFLMAO
      "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
      sigpic
      Sig by ME!!!

Comment

My clone just fell asleep, but earlier he was yakking about how his ideas were stolen and he wanted his $50,000. He said and these were his exact words "When I get my hands on that windbreaker, I'm going to tear him apart." I had to give him some wine to calm him down.

I smell revenge.
        "Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine." Nikola Tesla

Comment

I never really had much interest in Lewis Carroll until I saw The Last Mimzy (hence my name LOL), which was based on a story by Lewis Padgett called "Mimsy Were the Borogroves," which was taken from a line in "The Jabberwocky." The entire story was centered around that theory that the poem was actually some sort of code for a new type of mathematics that Carroll randomly made up or something, that apparently has to do with space-time travel O.o

Anyway, the Mimzy movie was weird, but really good. Niko would probably like all the random math stuff Carroll managed to work into his writing, b/c he felt like it/was on opium ROFLMAO
          I never really had much interest in Lewis either but then i had to read both stories for my class and i kinda really love Through the Looking Glass...
          LMAO oh yeah i totally see Niko liking it hahaha oh math, how amazing and yet so beyond my comprehension you are
          sigpic

Comment

Not a big fan of CS Lewis, but I just don't have an interest in reading his stuff. I don't hate him or anything though.
            ~"Often we forget . . . the sky reaches to the ground . . . with each step . . . . we fly."~ From We Fly by The House Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by kivawolfspeaker View Post
              Not a big fan of CS Lewis, but I just don't have an interest in reading his stuff. I don't hate him or anything though.
              we're talking about Lewis Carroll for a change not CS Lewis
              sigpic

Comment

LMAO oh yeah i totally see Niko liking it hahaha oh math, how amazing and yet so beyond my comprehension you are
                HAHAHAHA my sentiments exactly

Originally posted by kivawolfspeaker View Post
                Are you talking about Chronicles of Narnia friend-of-Tolkien C.S. Lewis or Alice in Wonderland everything-he-wrote-is-an-acid-trip Lewis Carroll?
                sigpic
                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

we're talking about Lewis Carroll for a change not CS Lewis
                  Oh, sorry. Not much of a fan of either really. But if you are, more power to ya
                  ~"Often we forget . . . the sky reaches to the ground . . . with each step . . . . we fly."~ From We Fly by The House Jacks

Comment

HAHAHAHA my sentiments exactly

Are you talking about Chronicles of Narnia friend-of-Tolkien C.S. Lewis or Alice in Wonderland everything-he-wrote-is-an-acid-trip Lewis Carroll?
                    slash Lewis Carroll who had a strange relationship with Alice Littell whom he based his Alice off of and if you read those books who clearly was suffering with peter pan syndrome and other freudian aspects before freud even existed?? (can you tell i just had a two weeks of class on him )
                    sigpic

Comment

Lewis (C.S. not Carroll) is my favorite author, so As if the whole "I'm obsessed with Narnia--ooh look a lamppost!" thing wasn't enough of a clue

He is actually quite interesting, though, when you get into reading his stuff in-between the lines. Narnia is so much awesomer when you realize that the entire series is like a treasure hunt where you have to find all the little bits and pieces of meaning in the myth Ah, I love children's literature. lol

like Lemony Snicket...first time I ever heard of Tesla was thru reading his crazy books
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Lewis (C.S. not Carroll) is my favorite author, so As if the whole "I'm obsessed with Narnia--ooh look a lamppost!" thing wasn't enough of a clue

He is actually quite interesting, though, when you get into reading his stuff in-between the lines. Narnia is so much awesomer when you realize that the entire series is like a treasure hunt where you have to find all the little bits and pieces of meaning in the myth Ah, I love children's literature. lol

like Lemony Snicket...first time I ever heard of Tesla was thru reading his crazy books
                        hahaha childrens lit is adorable and useful...as in your case it was the first exposure you had to the King
                        sigpic

Comment

hahaha childrens lit is adorable and useful...as in your case it was the first exposure you had to the King
                          I love Lemony Snicket because

1) his books are awesome
                          2) the books practically shaped half of my childhood b/c my bffs and I were completely obsessed with them
                          3) his self-deprecating humor is hilarious
                          4) he introduced me to Niko in the randomest way possible
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME!!!

Comment

I love Lemony Snicket because

1) his books are awesome
                            2) the books practically shaped half of my childhood b/c my bffs and I were completely obsessed with them
                            3) his self-deprecating humor is hilarious
                            4) he introduced me to Niko in the randomest way possible
                            number four equal best reason everr
                            sigpic

Comment

One of these days I'm writing a crossover fic where the Baudelaires end up at the Sanctuary for some reason and Violet gets to meet Niko b/c he was apparently her favorite inventor. That's where he was mentioned in one of the books ROFLMAO
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME!!!

Comment

One of these days I'm writing a crossover fic where the Baudelaires end up at the Sanctuary for some reason and Violet gets to meet Niko b/c he was apparently her favorite inventor. That's where he was mentioned in one of the books ROFLMAO
                                OMG OMG OMG DOO ITTT I REMEMBER THAT!!! hahaha do itt thatd be adorable she'd totally squee secretly but be all calm and cool infront of him....just like we all would be haha NOT.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X