No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If vampires were immortal, how'd the Cabal manage to Kill them??? Just because someone can heal from something doesn't make them immortal. *ok, my logically side is rambling again*
    ~"Often we forget . . . the sky reaches to the ground . . . with each step . . . . we fly."~ From We Fly by The House Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by kivawolfspeaker View Post
      If vampires were immortal, how'd the Cabal manage to Kill them??? Just because someone can heal from something doesn't make them immortal. *ok, my logically side is rambling again*
      well my point was just that i really dont him to *shudders* die. so if they can re-vamp him, have him like Helen and age really really slowly or make him "legit" immortal either way just cant let him...*shudder shudder shudder shudder and grabs clone and hugs tightly to ruffle him lovingly*
      sigpic
      thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

no one wants their favorite character to die, but alias death is part of life. Also, I personally think re-vamping Tesla, defeats the prepose of "Sleepers" which opened up the character historically, if that makes any sense. I not saying I want Tesla to die either, I'm just saying that everyone including Helen, dies eventually
        ~"Often we forget . . . the sky reaches to the ground . . . with each step . . . . we fly."~ From We Fly by The House Jacks

Comment

no one wants their favorite character to die, but alias death is part of life. Also, I personally think re-vamping Tesla, defeats the prepose of "Sleepers" which opened up the character historically, if that makes any sense. I not saying I want Tesla to die either, I'm just saying that everyone including Helen, dies eventually
          well i think that re-vamping tesla would negate certain Shippy things that i wont discuss here bc this is the thunk thread
          sigpic

Comment

Well, I do think that him being mortal would allow the PTB to bring out the real Tesla's hyper-sensitivity (the pigeon thing, the effect or affect his brother's death had on him, etc. just because he isn't immortal, but that's just my opinion.

Comment

Well, I do think that him being mortal would allow the PTB to bring out the real Tesla's hyper-sensitivity (the pigeon thing, the effect or affect his brother's death had on him, etc. just because he isn't immortal, but that's just my opinion.
              i think thats actually a pretty accurate idea, since none of that was mentioned while he was vamped up. i would love to see them play on things that happened to the real Nikola ie. the pigeons and the tradegy with his brother. i think that would make for some interesting scenes with him (and Helen ofcourse )
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
                i think thats actually a pretty accurate idea, since none of that was mentioned while he was vamped up. i would love to see them play on things that happened to the real Nikola ie. the pigeons and the tradegy with his brother. i think that would make for some interesting scenes with him (and Helen ofcourse )
                And Watson comes to mind just because, as far as I can tell, the Source Blood gave Watson the real Nikola's ability of vivid visualization (Revelations, when they were at Ba'alesom). Which, to me just deepens their relationship (younger/older brother)

Comment

And Watson comes to mind just because, as far as I can tell, the Source Blood gave Watson the real Nikola's ability of vivid visualization (Revelations, when they were at Ba'alesom). Which, to me just deepens their relationship (younger/older brother)
                  im not really sure those two really had a relationship beyond mutual distrust, and probably disdain. as Helen so well, unkindly, pointed out that at oxford everybody thought he was an "obnoxious ass" and "nobody really liked him" or something to that effect, i havent watched the five in awhile. Helen was the only one that it seems Nikola really got along with at Oxford and so the way ive always seen it has been that Helen and Nikola were friends and then Helen met the others and while Nikola didnt get along with them they put up with him because he was Helen's friend.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
                    im not really sure those two really had a relationship beyond mutual distrust, and probably disdain. as Helen so well, unkindly, pointed out that at oxford everybody thought he was an "obnoxious ass" and "nobody really liked him" or something to that effect, i havent watched the five in awhile. Helen was the only one that it seems Nikola really got along with at Oxford and so the way ive always seen it has been that Helen and Nikola were friends and then Helen met the others and while Nikola didnt get along with them they put up with him because he was Helen's friend.
                    But, what if that supposed mutual distrust was really a cover (for example my fic "Brotherly Love")? i *really* don't think he could have kept his brother's misfortune from Watson (being the detective that he is), but could see Watson keeping it from the other members of The Five @Nikola's request. Those issues seem to me, something Nikola would want to put aside and/or burry deep within him unless cornered by someone about it. I'm not saying that they wouldn't annony each other at all, but I still think there was something deeper to their relationship.

I get that you'd rather have that person be Helen, but I can see Nikola actually being able to keep it from her.

Also, what Helen said in The Five, could have very well been a "heat of the moment thing" and Tesla soon let her believe it because he didn't want to go into the issues his brother's death gave him.

Again, these are just my opinions.

And Edit more pic spam:

Comment

But, what if that supposed mutual distrust was really a cover (for example my fic "Brotherly Love")? i *really* don't think he could have kept his brother's misfortune from Watson (being the detective that he is), but could see Watson keeping it from the other members of The Five @Nikola's request. Those issues seem to me, something Nikola would want to put aside and/or burry deep within him unless cornered by someone about it.

I get that you'd rather have that person be Helen, but I can see Nikola actually being able to keep it from her.

Also, what Helen said in The Five, could have very well been a "heat of the moment thing" and Tesla soon let her believe it because he didn't want to go into the issues his brother's death gave him.

Again, these are just my opinions.
                      i agree that nikola wouldnt have been able to hide things from Watson, especially after watson took the source blood, but i think that while he could hide them better from helen not really sure that he could have hidden them from helen if she was his only real friend. i also think however, if you look at watson and druitt together in one room the atmosphere is just so different than what either of them are like around Nikola individually. druitt and watson, altho they continue their banter, harsh at times yes, there was still an air of friendship and brotherli-ness around them to a degree. but them with Nikola, well druitt and them just bicker and fight because druitts a *enter choice words here * and they have never really gotten along. i'll admit Watson and nikola seem less "grr i want beat the crap outta you and hate you for all eternity" around each other but they still dont seem to be on as agreeable terms as were you to put druitt and watson alone together....and thats my spiel and im totes done talking about that haha
                      sigpic

Comment

assuming she was his only real friend though and don't forget we don't know very much about Griffin either.

I'm still not so sure the distrust isn't an act, but I guess time will tell.

Comment

assuming she was his only real friend though and don't forget we don't know very much about Griffin either.

I'm still not so sure the distrust isn't an act, but I guess time will tell.
                          im actually thinking time may not tell, technically Helen is the last of the five. druitt is gone *cheers all around* and Nikola wont be alive as long as she which is something i think we can all agree she was kinda counting on so really i cant see more of the five, meaning im not sure that watson and griffin will really come up haha so we may never have an answer, though i would love to see some flashbacks of them all at Oxford...even if im not a Jon with a mustache fan
                          sigpic

Comment

Remember my question about seeing more of The Five in S3 and a deepening of those relationships?? DK's answer was "YES!", so I think in season 3 they will go back, to more backstory.

And I think Nikola's reaction to Watson's death in Revelations 2 says there's something more than mutual distrust. i mean why would Tesla react the way he did, if it was just that??

EDIT: trying to re-size pic so it's not soo big, we'll see if this works.

Last edited by kivawolfspeaker; 28 January 2010, 05:19 PM.

Comment

id love backstory <3
                              but i think we have to keep in mind with Watsons death that it was sudden rapid and a little horrifying, for anybody, whether or not there was distrust. to suddenly see Watson rapidly aging out of nowhere is shocking. now, am i completely dying the idea that there could have been some level of friendship between Watso and Nikola, no. but im skeptic about it if only because it seems watson and druitt got allong so dang well and we all know that druitt and our dear King are enemies for enterity
                              sigpic

Comment

which is perhaps why Watson wouldn't be so open about a friendship with Nikola since he knows Druitt doesn't like him.

Oh, btw, I'm reading the comments on the video posted the latest quote from and there's some interesting (and not so interesting) discussion going on there.
                                Last edited by kivawolfspeaker; 28 January 2010, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X