Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
    Thank you!!! I want to go see a movie today (either Bright Star or Where the Wild Things Are, but I have to do homework first ). But at least I now have money to buy Tesla's biography, autobiography, and that fiction book about him, The Invention of Everything Else by Samantha Hunt

Anyhoo...MORE POTENTIAL FIC IDEAS!!!
    Spoiler:
    I got this idea last night after watching "Eulogy" to write a fic about Ashley still being alive but near death and in a sort of coma, and Helen & co. finding her randomly somewhere. They bring her back to the Sanctuary and Nikola decides to try to find a way to "revive" her, if only to make Helen happy again...plus, he's reminded of his brother and can't stand to see Helen go through the same kind of pain he did as a child. Meanwhile, Ash's spirit is stuck hovering between life and death, and while wandering in limbo, she meets Tesla's dead brother Dane, who stays with her until it's time for her to "go back" and return to her life on earth. During this time, Ash learns a lot about Nikola from Dane, and Helen and Niko sort of bond while they both try to help Ashley wake up. It's a really weird idea, but I thought it could make for an interesting connection between Ash and Niko.

The other idea I got was more for Halloween--I really want to write at least one horror-type fic for the holiday, and I got the idea to write a fic somewhat based on Edgar Allan Poe's short story "Ligeia". Basically, the story is about this guy's wife who dies, but then comes back to life by feeding on the life of her husband's second wife and inhabiting her body (creepy, huh? oh, lol..."Disturbia" just started playing on my mp3 haha what a coincidence ). Anyway, I was going to tweak the plot of the story to fit with Niko and Helen, since I love the ship and since gothic romance seems to fit them anyhow I'm not telling you how I plan to tweak it, though. Wait for the fic. lol

The last idea I have has to do with Nikola finding Ashley dying somewhere and deciding to try and build a device that can revive her before she dies, because he can't stand the idea of Helen being ripped apart by losing her daughter. So he tries to build something (like that thing Casper's father tried to build to bring him back to life in the movie ), but then it turns out that he might have to use his own electrical powers to revive her, since it's part of his "life-force" or whatever, and the only way to fully revive Ashley is to do so with something that has a human element to it. But it could prove fatal to him, so when Helen finds out, she begs Niko not to sacrifice himself and insists that there has to be another way, but Niko keeps saying that it's already too late and they have to act immediately or Ash will die...

Anyhoo...I was just listening to the theme from Edward Scissorhands, the Ice Dance? And I thought of Helen and Niko waltzing to it.
    Awesome ideas, Mimzy. Can't wait to read them!

(Lovely sig made by hbt123)

Comment

Thank you!!! I want to go see a movie today (either Bright Star or Where the Wild Things Are, but I have to do homework first ). But at least I now have money to buy Tesla's biography, autobiography, and that fiction book about him, The Invention of Everything Else by Samantha Hunt

Anyhoo...MORE POTENTIAL FIC IDEAS!!!
      Spoiler:
      I got this idea last night after watching "Eulogy" to write a fic about Ashley still being alive but near death and in a sort of coma, and Helen & co. finding her randomly somewhere. They bring her back to the Sanctuary and Nikola decides to try to find a way to "revive" her, if only to make Helen happy again...plus, he's reminded of his brother and can't stand to see Helen go through the same kind of pain he did as a child. Meanwhile, Ash's spirit is stuck hovering between life and death, and while wandering in limbo, she meets Tesla's dead brother Dane, who stays with her until it's time for her to "go back" and return to her life on earth. During this time, Ash learns a lot about Nikola from Dane, and Helen and Niko sort of bond while they both try to help Ashley wake up. It's a really weird idea, but I thought it could make for an interesting connection between Ash and Niko.

The other idea I got was more for Halloween--I really want to write at least one horror-type fic for the holiday, and I got the idea to write a fic somewhat based on Edgar Allan Poe's short story "Ligeia". Basically, the story is about this guy's wife who dies, but then comes back to life by feeding on the life of her husband's second wife and inhabiting her body (creepy, huh? oh, lol..."Disturbia" just started playing on my mp3 haha what a coincidence ). Anyway, I was going to tweak the plot of the story to fit with Niko and Helen, since I love the ship and since gothic romance seems to fit them anyhow I'm not telling you how I plan to tweak it, though. Wait for the fic. lol

The last idea I have has to do with Nikola finding Ashley dying somewhere and deciding to try and build a device that can revive her before she dies, because he can't stand the idea of Helen being ripped apart by losing her daughter. So he tries to build something (like that thing Casper's father tried to build to bring him back to life in the movie ), but then it turns out that he might have to use his own electrical powers to revive her, since it's part of his "life-force" or whatever, and the only way to fully revive Ashley is to do so with something that has a human element to it. But it could prove fatal to him, so when Helen finds out, she begs Niko not to sacrifice himself and insists that there has to be another way, but Niko keeps saying that it's already too late and they have to act immediately or Ash will die...

Anyhoo...I was just listening to the theme from Edward Scissorhands, the Ice Dance? And I thought of Helen and Niko waltzing to it.
      Wowowowoww, amazing! Are you going to write these 3???

Comment

Originally posted by MissCheerfully View Post
        Wowowowoww, amazing! Are you going to write these 3???
        I hope she does! They're amazing ideas.

Comment

Oh yeah, I'll write them...at least the first two; I'm not sure about the 3rd, but we'll see
          "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
          sigpic
          Sig by ME!!!

Comment

I can't wait to see some good Niko fic.
            I usually only read completed stories, but really...
            Who can resist?
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Oh yeah, I'll write them...at least the first two; I'm not sure about the 3rd, but we'll see
              Ooh, SQUEE!

I can't wait, there's not enough Niko fic out there.
              Anything we can do to help your creative process?
              Spoiler:
              Canceling SGU and letting the cast find out via twitter?

image from: http://www.capricatimes.com/imagine-less-web-banners

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OboeTheres View Post
                Ooh, SQUEE!

Massage? poetry? Contribution for the JY tribute fic?

The last is in the works, BTW
                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Ooh, SQUEE!

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                  Massage? poetry? Contribution for the JY tribute fic?

The last is in the works, BTW
                  Do my homework for me so I can get that out of the way? lol

btw, you have 6 Days
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME!!!

Comment

hi everyone! i haven't been able to see the latest two sanctuary episodes, how awesome was niko on a scale from 5-10, five being normal awesome and 10 being OMFGhe'ssoawesome!!11!!!!1!!!
                    i don't think we need any numbers from 1-4, coz there's no way he'd be that low on the scale
                    "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                    "what?"
                    *throat punch*
                    My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                    LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
                      hi everyone! i haven't been able to see the latest two sanctuary episodes, how awesome was niko on a scale from 5-10, five being normal awesome and 10 being OMFGhe'ssoawesome!!11!!!!1!!!
                      i don't think we need any numbers from 1-4, coz there's no way he'd be that low on the scale
                      Nope, 1-4 not necessary.
                      He'd break any scale as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandria's_Dreaming View Post
                        Nope, 1-4 not necessary.
                        He'd break any scale as far as I'm concerned.
                        Yup, seriously awesome. On a scale of 5-10, I'd say about 13.
                        Spoiler:
                        Canceling SGU and letting the cast find out via twitter?

image from: http://www.capricatimes.com/imagine-less-web-banners

sigpic

Comment

Yup, seriously awesome. On a scale of 5-10, I'd say about 13.
                          NO, it has to be a multiple of 3!!! Niko loves only multiples of 3!

so...that would put him at a 15.

Anyhoo, I just got back from seeing Where the Wild Things Are. It was seriously one of the most beautiful movies I've ever seen. Really sad, though... Max made me think of what Niko might've been like as a kid--less wild, but still sad, scared, and wanting everything to be perfect in an imperfect world...
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME!!!

Comment

NO, it has to be a multiple of 3!!! Niko loves only multiples of 3!

so...that would put him at a 15.

Anyhoo, I just got back from seeing Where the Wild Things Are. It was seriously one of the most beautiful movies I've ever seen. Really sad, though... Max made me think of what Niko might've been like as a kid--less wild, but still sad, scared, and wanting everything to be perfect in an imperfect world...
                            Awesome. I totally want to see that!
                            Yes, forgot, multiples of 3....mmmm 21? I've always like that no myself.

Comment

Happy birthday mimz!!!!!!!

this is for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g_IflAeDMI

elly: "Look dude, talk to the host 'cause the goa'uld ain't listening!"

HELEN: "Do NOT walk blood through my house!"

NIKOLA: "How am I supposed to get to the infirmary then?"

HELEN: "I don't care if you sprout wings and flap there Nikola, as long as you don't wreck my good carpet."

Earth: "S**t happens" BSG: "Pencils break"

Comment

Originally posted by ellymelly View Post
                                Happy birthday mimz!!!!!!!

this is for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g_IflAeDMI
                                THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! *huggles* that was hilarious

btw
                                I am now writing a Niko fic somewhat based on WtWA, because Max really did make me think of him. But it's sad
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X