No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, somehow I had a post and it disappeared on me. So I'll post again.

I'm so very sorry I'm late for the Tesla parade. I've bot 116 pages to read through! Though it's very fun. I love all the pictures.

I'm not able to do avatars yet, so that'll have to wait. I have the one I want though, I like the one about running out of wine. LOL

It's funny, I know I've seen The Five, I just don't remember. I guess I was in a different place then. I'm a ridiculous fangirl now, LOL.

Elly, I liked your fic! I'll need to find the earlier installments.
    "Nature and nature's laws lay hid by night. God said 'Let Tesla be' and all was light."

Comment

People like my caps? Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's some more. (sorry no more wet tesla)

Spoiler:

I love the end of this scene!
      Henry: If you think working with you is a party, think again- Vlad.
      Tesla: Good, you finally showed up. Quit your whining and get to work.

Really loving that RP fic, Ellymelly!
      Spoiler:
      Canceling SGU and letting the cast find out via twitter?

image from: http://www.capricatimes.com/imagine-less-web-banners

sigpic

Comment

AAAHHHH OMG new members, AWESOME icons (<3 u elly...and I love the ones too! hehe ), and PICCIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!! *does Tesla dance*

Anyhoo...what shall I say? Um...I have more random fic teaser? lol I dunno if I'm actually going to use this in a fic, but I've had the idea for awhile, so I'll just post the little scene here (spoilers for EoN pt. 2):

Spoiler:
        "Helen...really...you shouldn't..."

He was powerless against her wild emotions, however, his words dissipating uselessly into the surrounding air. She was sobbing relentlessly as she shakily downed glass after glass of wine, shuddering more with each gulp. He had a mind to seize the bottle and swipe it away from her, but then again he'd already tried that and she had nearly smacked him across his face for it. The only thing left to do now was to try and talk some sense into the woman, no matter how despairing she might be at the present moment, although engaging in serious conversation had never been one of Nikola's strong points.

"Helen--" he cautiously began again, but she cut him off with a glare so acute that it practically stabbed him through the heart.

"Don't. Don't even start, Nikola," she spat fiercely, those eyes painfully twisting their daggers through every fiber of Nikola's being.

"Helen, downing an entire bottle of wine is not going to make matters any better--"

"And you're one to talk!" she suddenly half-shouted at him, stunning him into silence yet again. "You do it all the time--"

"Yes, but last time I checked, you weren't half-vampire!" he retorted, stepping forward boldly, the concern emanating from his heart masking itself as heated rage. "Helen, you cannot drink yourself into oblivion just because of what happened to Ash--"

"And what would you know about it?!" she shrieked violently through a rich cascade of tears. "You don't know what it's like!"

Nikola froze.

"I don't know what it's like?" he suddenly asked in a quiet voice, after a long silence.

Helen shuddered beneath his gaze, the breath momentarily suspended in her throat at the abrupt change of expression in his eyes.

"You think I don't know what it's like?" he half-whispered yet again, his eyes darkening, the strange emotion pervading them with every word he spoke. He stepped even closer to her, and Helen grabbed her desk in sudden apprehension.

"Nikola--" she started, but without warning, he exploded, a fury she had never once witness sweeping through him, causing her to jump against the side of her desk.

"Don't tell me I don't know what it's like!" he screamed furiously, the blood rushing to his face. "You think I don't know? YOU THINK I DON'T KNOW? Do you know what it's like to see your brother fall off a horse and hit the ground so hard that you still hear the sound of it vibrating through your mind even now? Do you know what it's like to be a little child standing there listening to your mother screaming, screaming over and over again because her precious baby is gone, GONE...and you stand there, staring, knowing it was ALL YOUR FAULT because you spooked the horse? You made him fall?"

Helen just froze, gaping at Nikola in shock as his angry shouts gave way to tearful shrieks of abject pain.

"You don't know what it's like! To pray every night and beg God to please kill you because he shouldn't have died, you should've died, it should've been you! To try to make up for a hole that could never be filled, to look into your parents' eyes and only realize that they see the absence of him in everything you do?! That nothing you do will ever be good enough because Dane's gone, he's gone, and you can't replace him?! And that every godforsaken night you're haunted by memories of it all that you can't escape because they keep replaying themselves before your eyes?! And that every time you've suffered, every time someone has hurt you or cheated you, that no matter how much it hurts you, you still find consolation in the fact that at least it's repayment for what you did to your brother all those years ago?" He staggered backward suddenly, his entire body quaking with the deluge of emotion.

Helen, still floored in utter shock, tried to take a step toward him, but he lashed out again, thrusting a pointed finger in her direction.

"I know what it's like more than you realize," he uttered in a cracked whisper. "So don't...don't you dare say that I don't. Because you...you have no idea." And with that, he abruptly turned on his heel and fled the room, leaving Helen alone in shattered silence.
        "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
        sigpic
        Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OboeTheres View Post
          People like my caps? Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<snip>
          Really loving that RP fic, Ellymelly!
          I loved that scene.
          Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ellymelly View Post
            LMAO i don't have one here either and i've been here since 2003 - i think ... omg

EDIT:HAHAHAH if only i could read my own stats - 2005 - i was at sg1-database before gateworld *FAILS AT LIFE*
            You are not allowed ti fail at life!
            2005?!?! Now, I am afraid!

(Lovely sig made by hbt123)

Comment

[QUOTE=OboeTheres;10723263]People like my caps? Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll forgive you, because they're all great. The wet ones are just greater!
              Keep up the good work!

Spoiler:
              I just hope that's not all til ep 11

Comment

Okay, so I have now 2 fic teasers for today including the one I posted earlier. I really hate not being able to put most of my random ideas into a larger context, but I can't stand not writing them down anymore...it's a good thing you guys like this stuff. LOL

"Helen...really...you shouldn't..."

He was powerless against her wild emotions, however, his words dissipating uselessly into the surrounding air. She was sobbing relentlessly as she shakily downed glass after glass of wine, shuddering more with each gulp. He had a mind to seize the bottle and swipe it away from her, but then again he'd already tried that and she had nearly smacked him across his face for it. The only thing left to do now was to try and talk some sense into the woman, no matter how despairing she might be at the present moment, although engaging in serious conversation had never been one of Nikola's strong points.

"Helen--" he cautiously began again, but she cut him off with a glare so acute that it practically stabbed him through the heart.

"Don't. Don't even start, Nikola," she spat fiercely, those eyes painfully twisting their daggers through every fiber of Nikola's being.

"Helen, downing an entire bottle of wine is not going to make matters any better--"

"And you're one to talk!" she suddenly half-shouted at him, stunning him into silence yet again. "You do it all the time--"

"Yes, but last time I checked, you weren't half-vampire!" he retorted, stepping forward boldly, the concern emanating from his heart masking itself as heated rage. "Helen, you cannot drink yourself into oblivion just because of what happened to Ash--"

"And what would you know about it?!" she shrieked violently through a rich cascade of tears. "You don't know what it's like!"

Nikola froze.

"I don't know what it's like?" he suddenly asked in a quiet voice, after a long silence.

Helen shuddered beneath his gaze, the breath momentarily suspended in her throat at the abrupt change of expression in his eyes.

"You think I don't know what it's like?" he half-whispered yet again, his eyes darkening, the strange emotion pervading them with every word he spoke. He stepped even closer to her, and Helen grabbed her desk in sudden apprehension.

"Nikola--" she started, but without warning, he exploded, a fury she had never once witness sweeping through him, causing her to jump against the side of her desk.

"Don't tell me I don't know what it's like!" he screamed furiously, the blood rushing to his face. "You think I don't know? YOU THINK I DON'T KNOW? Do you know what it's like to see your brother fall off a horse and hit the ground so hard that you still hear the sound of it vibrating through your mind even now? Do you know what it's like to be a little child standing there listening to your mother screaming, screaming over and over again because her precious baby is gone, GONE...and you stand there, staring, knowing it was ALL YOUR FAULT because you spooked the horse? You made him fall?"

Helen just froze, gaping at Nikola in shock as his angry shouts gave way to tearful shrieks of abject pain.

"You don't know what it's like! To pray every night and beg God to please kill you because he shouldn't have died, you should've died, it should've been you! To try to make up for a hole that could never be filled, to look into your parents' eyes and only realize that they see the absence of him in everything you do?! That nothing you do will ever be good enough because Dane's gone, he's gone, and you can't replace him?! And that every godforsaken night you're haunted by memories of it all that you can't escape because they keep replaying themselves before your eyes?! And that every time you've suffered, every time someone has hurt you or cheated you, that no matter how much it hurts you, you still find consolation in the fact that at least it's repayment for what you did to your brother all those years ago?" He staggered backward suddenly, his entire body quaking with the deluge of emotion.

Helen, still floored in utter shock, tried to take a step toward him, but he lashed out again, thrusting a pointed finger in her direction.

"I know what it's like more than you realize," he uttered in a cracked whisper. "So don't...don't you dare say that I don't. Because you...you have no idea." And with that, he abruptly turned on his heel and fled the room, leaving Helen alone in shattered silence.
                #2 (I actually wrote the majority of this DURING astronomy class today...I'm sick of paying attention to that boring substitute teacher. I gave up and have decided to just read the book till my real professor gets back from Chile. ROFL ).
                "Helen?"

She shifts against him, nuzzling his neck. "Mmm."

Nikola smiles gently and kisses Helen's forehead. She stirs again, and this time her eyes flutter open and she tilts her chin up to gaze sleepily at him.

"Ah, she awakes, andele moj," he murmurs, "my angel."

A tiny smile crosses her face as he lifts a thumb to softly caress her lips. "What time is it?"

He doesn't answer but instead leans in and presses his mouth against hers, reveling in the little moan he elicits from her throat as his tongue teases the edge of her lower lip. Her lips begin to part just as he pulls away, grinning broadly.

"Just like you to leave me hanging," she whispers breathlessly. She leans in to finish where they left off, but he stops her by laying a finger across her lips.

She quirks an eyebrow at the gesture as if challenging him. He smirks at her expression, but is suddenly caught by surprise as, with a mischievous gleam in her eye, she lets her tongue barely peek out and slowly brush across his fingertip. Her sly smile grows even wider in victory as a shudder of electricity ripples through his body and his eyes suddenly glaze over, drinking in her image.

Without another word, he pulls her into him once more, their lips colliding in a sudden wave of heated passion. His fingers entangle themselves in the dark mass of curls and slide gracefully over her waist as hers shove through his own chaotic mess of hair and clutch desperately at his collar. For a few blissful moments they are locked in yet another rapturous embrace, pulses pounding against one another as a century's worth of emotion floods their senses. His lips are so adept at asking that she grants him every wish, parting hers and letting him drown himself in the taste of her as she moans yet again into his mouth. She can taste him too--it's so familiar now, the distinct sensation of him as she runs her tongue between his lips. It's ingrained into her memory, as the same sensation of her is ingrained into his, and no amount of time can ever wipe it from her mind. In fact, every blissful sound, every soft caress of fingertips against skin, every intoxicating taste upon lips, every enticing smell has been burned so deeply into each other's mind that everything is second nature to them now. They can walk this road together blindfolded, knowing each step and each place without looking, without doubting. It's as if the two of them have already become one, forever intertwined in each other, forever inseparable.

Breathless, they finally extricate themselves from each other, pulling apart reluctantly and each leaning a forehead against the other. Neither of them needs any words--their embrace and the way their eyes search their souls are enough to speak through a thousand years of silence. She is his angel and he her stronghold, holding her protectively and shielding her from the cruelty of the past while she lights his way through the darkness that sometimes shrouds him. There is nothing earthly that can sever their bond, for their love is deeply embedded in the world beyond, enshrined in eternity, consecrated and blessed by nothing less than heaven itself.

"Volim te," he murmurs softly, although his eyes alone speak the words he says.

"I love you too," she replies in a whisper, granting him a final brief kiss before leaning her head against his chest and drifting back into a world of dreams.
                sigpic
                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
                  Okay, so I have now 2 fic teasers for today including the one I posted earlier. I really hate not being able to put most of my random ideas into a larger context, but I can't stand not writing them down anymore...it's a good thing you guys like this stuff. LOL

#2 (I actually wrote the majority of this DURING astronomy class today...I'm sick of paying attention to that boring substitute teacher. I gave up and have decided to just read the book till my real professor gets back from Chile. ROFL ).
                  Ohhh! *flails* That was Awesome!And of the stories I write, the majority of them are written in all my classes too.
                  sigpic

Comment

Please, please help me stop obsessing over Niko and Helen will ya?
                    *blinks*
                    No, wait... Never mind.
                    *enjoys the wonders of this thread*
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by shel View Post
                      Ohhh! *flails* That was Awesome!And of the stories I write, the majority of them are written in all my classes too.
                      Thanks! I have a bunch up on fanfiction.net and sanctuaryfiction...my penname is "Miss Pookamonga" And yeah, pretty much all of my Sanctuary fanfiction so far has been about Nikola. LOL
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
                        Thanks! I have a bunch up on fanfiction.net and sanctuaryfiction...my penname is "Miss Pookamonga" And yeah, pretty much all of my Sanctuary fanfiction so far has been about Nikola. LOL
                        I've read some of those! They're really good!

Comment

I was having a really crappy night the other day and I just was so overtired I couldn't sleep. And all of the sudden I was thinking of Tesla and ended up having a conversation about him with my dad, lol.

And after that I fell sleep! Looks like Tesla is good for all kinds of things. Like sleep-problems, lol. I think I even dreamed about him, lol.

Just wanted to share that little story with you all!

*Jade waves to Elly*

Comment

so telsa is now a cure for falling asleep as well hmmm.... well thats good
                            sigpic

Comment

Wow. I just realized this thread is only second is replies to the spoiler thread!
                              That, and the sad realization that there is no Niko thread on the syfy forum. How sad is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandria's_Dreaming View Post
                                I've read some of those! They're really good!
                                Aw, thankies

Originally posted by SciFiGeek17 View Post
                                I was having a really crappy night the other day and I just was so overtired I couldn't sleep. And all of the sudden I was thinking of Tesla and ended up having a conversation about him with my dad, lol.

And after that I fell sleep! Looks like Tesla is good for all kinds of things. Like sleep-problems, lol. I think I even dreamed about him, lol.

Just wanted to share that little story with you all!

*Jade waves to Elly*
                                LOL that's cute I dream about him...often... meheh

btw 11 DAYS!!!!! for vid submissions!! If you're new and have no idea what I'm talking about, here it is:

Spoiler:
                                I got this idea today about potentially making a JY fan support video with footage of different random fans just saying how much they love him (in the non-awkward, you're-an-awesome-actor way ) and putting it up on youtube or something...and on fb, obviously, on the group page. Especially since with what happened 2 months ago with his daughter I think it would be nice to just show GENERAL fan support b/c he so needs it and he already deserves it anyway. Something like "You rock, you are the best Tesla EVER" or something like that

The only thing is if I want to make a compilation vid, I'd have to get clips of people via e-mail attachment or something, and it would only work if the clips are in wmv, mpg, mpeg, or avi or something compatible with Windows b/c that's what I have and the movie maker is just a pain in the butt.

So...yeah. If you're interested, let me know. My email is

[email protected]

Just as an example of what I want to do, this is the vlog compilation vid SOSGA did for their "Save SGA" campaign some months ago:
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBMFNKzF0V0

^ours would just be ppl saying how awesome JY is.

If you CAN'T get yourself on video, just PM or email me a general message of what you'd like to say w/ a pic of you or something, or maybe make a little piece of artwork with the message if you'd like, and just send that to me. I WANT AS MUCH STUFF AS POSSIBLE!! I'll make sure to work in whatever people can send me!

Thanks!

~Amanda aka "Pooka"

Hope you guys can participate...
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X