No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

apologies for leaving you hanging - Helen had to sleep lol!!! you know - this is 12 125 words long - how did that happen????????

oh well - and let the squee continue

Spoiler:

No mind was paid to Nikola's injuries nor to the logical part of Helen's mind railing against this lapse in judgment. No, she simply moved with him, pushing him back even once his desk stopped their progress. Her hands slid from his face, one remaining poised against the side of his throat, the other threading through his hair.

Helen's tongue moves to greet Nikola's, deepening their heated kiss with fervour. For a few seconds -- and God how they seemed to drag on forever! -- there was nothing else in the world other than the taste of him filling her senses, his hands in her mess of hair (shocking, considering Nikola's aversion to touching hair!), his body against hers... Or so she thought until a great pop sounded and the room went dark. First instinct was that it was one of those parlour tricks he so enjoyed. Helen pulled back slightly, panting softly against his lips.

"Have I short-circuited you," teased she, in a breathless voice.

For once in his life, Nikola’s mind was completely blank.

The feeling of Helen against him, inside him and all around him was overwhelming. A century of desire coursed through his veins – his heart pounding so hard he was sure that she would be able to hear it, pressed up against him like this. Her hands were knotted in his hair and her lips – they were hovering on his as she spoke.

It wasn’t until she repeated herself that his eyes flicked open and he realised that the lab had been thrown into darkness.

His chest pained from the awkward angle Helen had him at – half laid over his desk. Still, he tilted his head and lowered it to the side of her neck and breathed back his response.

“It wasn’t me...” he said softly, revelling in her for just a few more stolen moments.

She made no effort to move away from him. Through the fog of angry passion, the weight of Nikola's words settle over her. At length she blinked, a sudden chill gripping her that has nothing to do with the coldness of his skin.

"... Move! Now!" She insisted as she pulled away. "Get what you can, we have to go!"

He heard a pile of papers fall to the floor beside them, knocked by his hand as he pushed them off the desk.

It wasn’t him which meant it was someone else – and, save the woman trying to pull him out of the room, he had only enemies.

He fell to the floor – half-dragging Helen with him as he searched for his briefcase – discarded in their passion. Eventually he found it and scrambled to his feet.

“This way,” he said, taking her firmly by the hand as he led her through the pitch black room toward the only exit.

Nikola could see but only just as he ran his hand over the door, grasping at the handle and shuffling Helen out from in front of it.

“Tunnels,” he told her, as the lights in the lab momentarily flickered back on – as if someone was fighting for control of them. “Whatever happens, Helen,” he told her seriously, as the room returned to black. “Keep your free hand on the right-side wall. It’s a maze down here – but that will lead you out.”

There's a slight groan from Helen as she's nearly dragged to the floor with the inventor. Helen grasped at his sleeve with the same desperation he'd grabbed at hers before. She may not have had any great love for Tesla, but Helen certainly didn't bear him enough ill will to leave him in the hands of enemies.

In the dark, she staggered behind him, her fingers curling around his if only to keep from being lost in the lab. Her eyes widened at his words, a hand already going for the wall. "Nikola, I'm not leaving you behind."

He was quickly hatching an escape plan as they entered the tunnel. The door to his lab locked behind them. No-one else would be getting into it alive but the longer they stayed here, the less chance they had of getting out of this mess un-captured.

“Leave me behind?” he eyed her scornfully in very low light of the tunnel. It was almost an unnatural ambient glow, barely allowing a differentiation between the stone walls and dirt floor. “I’d be offended if you did. It’s just in case,” he added, releasing her hand for effect, “we get separated.”

Just for the effect, she takes his hand firmly in her own. It may be hard to see in the dim light, though if anyone could see the determination in her eyes, Nikola would be the one. "We won't."

He raises his eyebrow as she re-takes his hand firmly, working her fingers between his until Nikola has no choice but to take hold.

“And there go all my carefully laid plans to vanish for the next century,” he joked, starting off down the tunnel with an air of caution.

These networks of tombs under Rome were positively ancient. There was no sense at all in their haphazard, confused and ridiculously complex design – if anything, it seemed contrived solely to trap unwitting wanderers in an endless tomb. This, of course, worked in Nikola’s favour most of the time. Rome had been his home on and off for nearly sixty years which gave him a decided advantage of any pursuers.

Surprisingly, they continued on for a while without trouble – navigating the occasional semi-collapsed section of tunnel until the floor began to tilt upward as if they were heading to the surface.

elly: "Look dude, talk to the host 'cause the goa'uld ain't listening!"

HELEN: "Do NOT walk blood through my house!"

NIKOLA: "How am I supposed to get to the infirmary then?"

HELEN: "I don't care if you sprout wings and flap there Nikola, as long as you don't wreck my good carpet."

Earth: "S**t happens" BSG: "Pencils break"

Comment

just thought people would like to know that there is a sneak peek of this weeks episode available.
      And it features Nikola for the first 30 seconds or so.

http://community.livejournal.com/san...ll/250646.html
      Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." —
      Charles Schultz

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Angel_Tiriel View Post
        just thought people would like to know that there is a sneak peek of this weeks episode available.

you totally beat me to it -did you see that look helen gave him?

HELEN: "I don't care if you sprout wings and flap there Nikola, as long as you don't wreck my good carpet."

Comment

which one, when she looks him up and down whilst he's talking to the other guy or the one when she okays the wine?
          I like both, and she okays the wine without first restricting the amount Nikola's allowed.
          But i'm still not entirely comfortable with Clara and Will's relationship.
          Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." —
          Charles Schultz

Comment

Spoiler tags guys

Spoiler:
            Loved that awkward end between helen and John ahha
            Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
            Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by ellymelly View Post
              apologies for leaving you hanging - Helen had to sleep lol!!! you know - this is 12 125 words long - how did that happen????????

oh well - and let the squee continue

Spoiler:

No mind was paid to Nikola's injuries nor to the logical part of Helen's mind railing against this lapse in judgment. No, she simply moved with him, pushing him back even once his desk stopped their progress. Her hands slid from his face, one remaining poised against the side of his throat, the other threading through his hair.

Helen's tongue moves to greet Nikola's, deepening their heated kiss with fervour. For a few seconds -- and God how they seemed to drag on forever! -- there was nothing else in the world other than the taste of him filling her senses, his hands in her mess of hair (shocking, considering Nikola's aversion to touching hair!), his body against hers... Or so she thought until a great pop sounded and the room went dark. First instinct was that it was one of those parlour tricks he so enjoyed. Helen pulled back slightly, panting softly against his lips.

"Have I short-circuited you," teased she, in a breathless voice.

For once in his life, Nikola’s mind was completely blank.

The feeling of Helen against him, inside him and all around him was overwhelming. A century of desire coursed through his veins – his heart pounding so hard he was sure that she would be able to hear it, pressed up against him like this. Her hands were knotted in his hair and her lips – they were hovering on his as she spoke.

It wasn’t until she repeated herself that his eyes flicked open and he realised that the lab had been thrown into darkness.

His chest pained from the awkward angle Helen had him at – half laid over his desk. Still, he tilted his head and lowered it to the side of her neck and breathed back his response.

“It wasn’t me...” he said softly, revelling in her for just a few more stolen moments.

She made no effort to move away from him. Through the fog of angry passion, the weight of Nikola's words settle over her. At length she blinked, a sudden chill gripping her that has nothing to do with the coldness of his skin.

"... Move! Now!" She insisted as she pulled away. "Get what you can, we have to go!"

He heard a pile of papers fall to the floor beside them, knocked by his hand as he pushed them off the desk.

It wasn’t him which meant it was someone else – and, save the woman trying to pull him out of the room, he had only enemies.

He fell to the floor – half-dragging Helen with him as he searched for his briefcase – discarded in their passion. Eventually he found it and scrambled to his feet.

“This way,” he said, taking her firmly by the hand as he led her through the pitch black room toward the only exit.

Nikola could see but only just as he ran his hand over the door, grasping at the handle and shuffling Helen out from in front of it.

“Tunnels,” he told her, as the lights in the lab momentarily flickered back on – as if someone was fighting for control of them. “Whatever happens, Helen,” he told her seriously, as the room returned to black. “Keep your free hand on the right-side wall. It’s a maze down here – but that will lead you out.”

There's a slight groan from Helen as she's nearly dragged to the floor with the inventor. Helen grasped at his sleeve with the same desperation he'd grabbed at hers before. She may not have had any great love for Tesla, but Helen certainly didn't bear him enough ill will to leave him in the hands of enemies.

In the dark, she staggered behind him, her fingers curling around his if only to keep from being lost in the lab. Her eyes widened at his words, a hand already going for the wall. "Nikola, I'm not leaving you behind."

He was quickly hatching an escape plan as they entered the tunnel. The door to his lab locked behind them. No-one else would be getting into it alive but the longer they stayed here, the less chance they had of getting out of this mess un-captured.

“Leave me behind?” he eyed her scornfully in very low light of the tunnel. It was almost an unnatural ambient glow, barely allowing a differentiation between the stone walls and dirt floor. “I’d be offended if you did. It’s just in case,” he added, releasing her hand for effect, “we get separated.”

Just for the effect, she takes his hand firmly in her own. It may be hard to see in the dim light, though if anyone could see the determination in her eyes, Nikola would be the one. "We won't."

He raises his eyebrow as she re-takes his hand firmly, working her fingers between his until Nikola has no choice but to take hold.

“And there go all my carefully laid plans to vanish for the next century,” he joked, starting off down the tunnel with an air of caution.

These networks of tombs under Rome were positively ancient. There was no sense at all in their haphazard, confused and ridiculously complex design – if anything, it seemed contrived solely to trap unwitting wanderers in an endless tomb. This, of course, worked in Nikola’s favour most of the time. Rome had been his home on and off for nearly sixty years which gave him a decided advantage of any pursuers.

Surprisingly, they continued on for a while without trouble – navigating the occasional semi-collapsed section of tunnel until the floor began to tilt upward as if they were heading to the surface.

*FLAILFITOFEPICPROPORTIONS* SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
              I LOVE how
              Spoiler:
              Helen refuses to let go of his hand

Originally posted by Dark_Angel_Tiriel View Post

*collapses in shock*
              HOLY CRAP JONATHON YOUNG IS SO FREAKING AMAZING

AND
              Spoiler:
              The way he answered Declan's greeting--OMG Total giveaway there about how he REALLY felt about Watson...I mean "You have big shoes to fill"...it totally confirms the grief he appeared to have shown when Watson died. He really must have looked up to him...maybe almost like an older brother (since he'd lost his real one ), like some people have been suggesting. AAH TOO MUCH ANGST

But the little bit about the wine AHAHA I love how Helen just okays it right away with no argument I really think that is yet again another tiny nod to how close the two of them really were. It's like "yeah, I know he can be obnoxious/demanding but I'll still put up with him anyway" LOL AGH I seriously want backstory even MORE now!!! The two of them have way too many layers underneath the surface...methinks something happened in the past that caused such a rift b/t them (her relationship with John??) b/c given the way they've been acting around each other, it definitely seems like they had a very tight-knight relationship but then something tore it apart...I dunno...

And I also LOVE LOVE how they kept it historically accurate with him refusing to shake Declan's hand AHAHA And how apprehensive he looked when they first met...OMG totally PERFECT

AGHHHHHHH I LOVE JONATHON!!!!!!!

BTW YOU PEOPLE HAVE 16 DAYS LEFT TO SEND ME STUFF FOR THE VID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
              sigpic
              Sig by ME!!!

Comment

hey guys i have two sets of icons!

{{{End of Nights part 1 }}}

and icons from that gorgeous movie on Nikola Tesla

They're both over here at my livejournal

Comment

What the? More fics people, it's so slow, we've been given so much to work with. Lets have some more of Nikolas missuse of the Taperecorder, I love it!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ellymelly View Post
                    hey guys i have two sets of icons!

{{{End of Nights part 1 }}}

and icons from that gorgeous movie on Nikola Tesla

They're both over here at my livejournal

Those are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I <3 the movie ones with him and Katharine AWWW

You've now inspired me to make more of my own

btw, we've been reading Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics in philosophy class, and he uses the word "unruffled" A LOT...and every single time I read it I think of you-know-who <<<definitely says a lot about me
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Oohhhh very nice ficcy teaser.... erm... MORE
                      sigpic

Comment

So...I was bored in philosophy class this time, and so I come bearing more random writings that make absolutely no sense given the fact that they have no actual surrounding context

She stroked her fingers down the side of his face, lingering when she reached the edge of his lips.
                        ^Okay, that was only one sentence, but whatever

The bold part is stuff I randomly decided to add just now because I felt like it
                        With an almighty flick of his arm, John flung Nikola across the room.

"NO!" Helen shrieked in horror as the vampire's body slammed against the opposite wall with a resounding thud and slid limply to the floor. "John, stop! Please!" She struggled in vain against the restraints Nigel had placed her in, desperately trying to find some way to wrench free and put an end to this madness.

If John had even heard her cries, he paid no heed. Instead, he strode swiftly over to where Nikola lay crumpled on the floor in a widening pool of his own blood. Crouching down ominously, he lowered his face next to Nikola's half-conscious one and snickered quietly.

"I'm surprised at you, Nikola," he sneered through a malicious grin. "I expected a vampire with such extraordinary abilities as yourself to have put up a better fight. Even in your...altered condition."

Nikola grunted in pain, heaving each breath with agonizing difficulty. In the distance, he could see Helen's blurred form writhing behind where Nigel and his minions were sitting like gods on thrones. "He-Hel..." He tried to call out to her, but his voice refused to cooperate any longer. He felt a burning sensation twisting inside his throat, squeezing the airway so tightly that he could hardly breathe. "He..."

"She can't help you, Nikola," John suddenly growled, his entire demeanor shifting from one of malicious amusement to one of monstrous rage. "She can't fight for you. You have to fight on your own now, you pathetic dog."

Nikola groaned yet again.

"GET UP!" John roared, quickly rising from the ground and kicking Nikola sharply in the stomach. Nikola howled in pain, recoiling against the blow.

"Ahhh--"

"GET UP!" John screamed wildly, kicking Nikola again. "GET UP AND FIGHT, YOU COWARD!"
                        ^This one actually does have some context to it (in my head) but it would take to long to explain...it's probably going to end up in a longer fic It has to do with my Sanctuary spinoff idea about vampires...

okay last one
                        "Nikola," she murmured groggily. "Nikola?"

"I'm here," he answered softly, placing a hand gently against her cheek.

Helen weakly lifted her own hand to her face and laid it against his. "Nikola?"

His wide eyes searched hers in concern. "Yes?"

"Don't leave."

His heart jumped at her words, a strange array of emotions bleeding together within him. "Leave? Helen--"

"Promise me." She tightened her grip on his hand.

For a second Nikola lost the ability to breathe...
                        ^yeah...random ending...but it'll probably end up in "Falling" or something
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Teasers!

I'm so pathetic, but I need more.
                          You guys make the ship seem so natural...
                          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Such pretty icons!

Here to drop of the rest of my screencaps from EoN pt1:

Spoiler:

Maybe this can encourage ellymelly do more of that rp fic?
                            Or is this not a sufficient bribe?
                            Failing that, maybe you can give us more of that Nubbin one.

I know, I know. I'm greedy. Its just, you're really good!
                            It is natural!! It made total sense to me since the first Tesla ep.
                            Spoiler:
                            Canceling SGU and letting the cast find out via twitter?

image from: http://www.capricatimes.com/imagine-less-web-banners

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                              ^That's because it's meant to be!

Originally posted by OboeTheres View Post
                              Such pretty icons!

Here to drop of the rest of my screencaps from EoN pt1:

Spoiler:

thankies abt icons!

and screencaps:
                              HAHAHA those ones with Will are hilarious! Their facial expressions ROFLMHO EPIC WIN BWAHAHAHA

Although I never noticed the scratches on Niko's chest before

Anyway, yeah...WE NEED MORE FIC
                              I expect there to be tons of stuff flooding this thread when I come back from my sophomore retreat on Sunday afternoon!! lol

Btw, did you guys know I know how to say "I love you" in Serbian now? Using the Roman alphabet, it's Volim te.

I'm SO putting it in a fic.

EDIT: OMG so I am a total nerd and looked up Serbian phrases, and here are some of my faves

I'm looking for John. Tražim Džona.
                              Serbia is a wonderful country. Srbija je predivna zemlja.
                              I like Serbian. Svi?a mi se srpski.
                              Say hi to John for me. Pozdravi Džona u moje ime. (for some reason this particular site liked using the name "John" LMHO)
                              My Serbian is bad. Moj srpski je loš. (this describes me as of now LOL)
                              click here for more common phrases if you feel like being that Tesla-obsessed that you want to learn his native language (aka like ME! teehee) : http://www.linguanaut.com/english_serbian.htm

And here's some really cute ones I found on http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...0144029AAdHyM3

"Dragi" = dear
                              "Moj Dragi" = my dear
                              "Volim te" = I like you/I love you
                              "Ljubavi" = Love (Like Brits say "hello, love")
                              "Moje sunce" = my sun
                              "Moj andjelu" = my angel
                              "Obozavam te" = I adore you
                              "Tako si mi drag" = You're so dear to me
                              "Milovati" = cuddle
                              "Moje Srce" = My heart
                              "Srculence" = Little heart
                              AAAH *squee* Imagine him saying "Obozavam te, moj andjelu" to Helen. *sigh*
                              Last edited by Mimzy; 15 October 2009, 06:18 PM.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME!!!

Comment

You all have lovely pixs and stories. I must admit to the snagging! Must say I looove the teaser for the next episode. Who could possibly deny Nikola only the best of wine and as much as he wants!

(Lovely sig made by hbt123)

Comment

Working...
                                X