Sanctuary Artwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Glitch33 View Post
    That sucks. I think a lot of people did when the series ended. I haven't yet though and hopefully I won't for a long time. Although I have noticed that I can't stand Robin Dunne now that the series is over.
    I fell out of love with the show at the beginning of S4... well after NORMANDY of in S3 because of what the writers were doing to John..... I was not happy and I am still not happy.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Glitch33 View Post
      That sucks. I think a lot of people did when the series ended. I haven't yet though and hopefully I won't for a long time. Although I have noticed that I can't stand Robin Dunne now that the series is over.
      I sometimes feel incredibly disappointed that we don't get to see new material. But then I pop in my DVD, or break out my new Blu-Rays, and I see something new in every episode I rewatch. Sometimes it's a new fic idea, or something new I catch in the delivery in a certain line, or a glance between characters I hadn't seen before.

There's so many layers to every single scene that I'm not sure I'd ever fall out of love with Sanctuary. The possibilities of where they could have gone and where they might have been, what we almost saw on the screen were endless. It's mindblowing, and I'm so glad I found it when I did.

All I know is that if it is ever resurrected, in film or miniseries, or even just a media tie-in novel or two, I won't hesitate to return to it.

Comment

I only discovered Sanctuary about six months ago and so the love is still burning strong. But I agree with what Selene said, there is so much to each episode that every time you watch it, there is something new. I see that a lot whenever I re-watch Out of the Blue!
        I love watching them with the commentaries! Especially the ones with Amanda, Martin, Robbin and Damian! They make me laugh so much!!
        sigpic
        "For All Eternity"
        The Five | Multi-shpper
        SamxJack | JohnxHelen
        Currently watching: Stargate SG1 Season3. Currently reading: Broken Wings by L Stoddard Hancock.
        Banner courtesy of couplechemestry.livejournal.com

Comment

Finally managed to get something made in PS today, RL has been very bad for me right now...

sigpic
          Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

I love it!
            On the edge of breaking down
            sigpic
            Banner made by me

Comment

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
              Finally managed to get something made in PS today, RL has been very bad for me right now...

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j439/yamiinsane/th_teslen-wallpaper-985-yami.png
              That's beautiful! How did you do that cascading light effect around the screen caps?

Comment

Thank you Glitch and Selene

Selene: All I did was hide all the layers except the caps and created a stamp then brought the stamped layer to the top of all, unhide all the other layers, and used a Radial Blur. I think the settings were: Radius: 100, Zoom, Best. I don't have Photoshop open right now so I can't tell you if there are anymore parts to the blur. Then I took a soft round brush with an opacity of about 50 and erased the blur on the caps, blending the radial blur into the caps. I hope that makes sense...
                sigpic
                Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

The only thing I'm not familiar with is the stamp. Is it the same as making a duplicate layer?

Comment

No, hit Shift+Ctrl+Alt+E and you will make a stamp of your work. I use it all the time.
                    sigpic
                    Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Ah, yes, I see! Thanks! I'll be using that in my next round of arties!

Comment

No problem!
                        sigpic
                        Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

yamiinsane, that is absolutely gorgeous! Well done I wish I could make things like you Also, I hope things get better for you RL
                          sigpic
                          "For All Eternity"
                          The Five | Multi-shpper
                          SamxJack | JohnxHelen
                          Currently watching: Stargate SG1 Season3. Currently reading: Broken Wings by L Stoddard Hancock.
                          Banner courtesy of couplechemestry.livejournal.com

Comment

Thank you! And things might be looking up a little.
                            sigpic
                            Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Okay, so I've been playing around with yami's trick with the radial blur, and came up with this:

ManyLooks.jpg

What do you think? Too blurry? Does it make it look messy?

Comment

Cool! Not blurry but I feel like it's too busy but it does get the point across
                                sigpic
                                Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Working...
                                X