OT Tesla Campaign
    Spoiler:

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/v...latroopers.jpg

Hey there, Tesla

The minute you showed up on my screen
    I could see you were a man of distinction
    I had to surrender
    Good looking, so refined.
    Say wouldn't you like to show what you can do with that mind...
    So let me get right to the point.
    I don't thunk and squee for every man I see.

Hey there, Tesla
    You... short circuit my tv.

You're charming evil and your fun
    You caused your share of laughs,
    I must say The Hair makes... me rhyme
    I can ruffle that in... no time

The minute you showed up on my screen
    I could see you were a man of distinction
    I had to surrender
    Good looking, so refined.
    Say wouldn't you like to show what you can do with that mind...
    So let me get right to the point.
    I don't thunk and squee for every man I see.

Hey there, Tesla
    Hey there, Tesla
    Hey there, Tesla
    You... short circuit my tv.

(Poem by Nad)

Support Tesla in S2! Come to the Tesla Thunk and Discussion Thread!
    Hee hee! Love Nad and her awesome songs. :3!... and Tesla...

And you used my header too! Sweet!
    Too cool for a signature.

Comment

A Helen/John wallpaper

clicky
      sigpic

Comment

Beautiful wp! Love it

And here's a tutorial for this:

I know it's not Sanctuary, but the effects are pretty cool, so you can use this to make a Sanctuary sig

First open up a new file in whatever program you're using, size 600 by 200. Open this picture in Gimp:

Spoiler:

Duplicate it so you have two of them.

Go onto colours > threshold. Apply it to 63 (right) and 191 (left side of the box ). Scale it so that its width is 600. It should look like this:

Go to the duplicate version of the original. Go onto colours > curves and arrange how you like. Colours > colour balance.
        Red = -8
        Green = -4
        Blue = 23
        Then scale to the same size as before. It should now look something like this:

Ok, now go to your preferred program (I use PSP, because I find it easy! ).

Paste the first version of the cap (I call it the cartoon version) onto the new image (600 by 200). Then paste the second version (the enhanced version, I call it) on top and merge how you want. I use the rubber tool, myself.

Open these two caps in Gimp:
        Spoiler:

Colour balance them and adjust the curves to look something like this:

Open a new image in your other program (if you're using one) 300 by 100. And scale the pics down to fit into it. The Jack one has to go underneath so you can keep the red and green light spots on Sam's pic. Merge them together. It should look like this:

Open this in Gimp. Go to filters > decor > round corners.
        Edge radius = 12
        Shadow X and Y offset = 0
        Blur radius = 0

It should look like this:

Copy this and paste as a new layer into your sig. Move it to the top left. Rub out the white corners. Add in the text, font = monotype. Add in some brushes. Merge all the layers. Go to effects > 3D effects > buttonise. Black colour.
        Height = 5
        Width = 5
        Opacity = 45

And you're done!
        ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

Made this for a request

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
            Oh, Jas! That's gorgeous! I love it!
            sigpic
            The Return of King Arthur
            Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
            acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Made this for a request...

Comment

aww love 'em LiliJ!

Comment

Originally posted by LiliJ View Post
                  Cute!
                  Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Helen sig

Comment

Hey guys! LiliJ requested taht I do a tut for my new Tesla Troopers sig, so here it is! Today we are learning how to make this:

Spoiler'd for pic heavy...
                      Spoiler:

I started by taking this cap and messing around with the curves a bit (layers>new adjustment layer>Curves) until it was a little bit darker, and matched the other caps I use in the next step a bit better.

See? They're about the same shade! To make the image with the two tesla faces, I just found two pictures of him that were shadowy and side-profile-ish, darkened them up a bit (using the curves adjustment layer) and stuck them together where they were the darkest, erasing the bits of the pictures I didn't want. I used a soft, black brush of 50 pixels or so over the dark parts to blend them together a little bit better. So anyway, I added this picture in a new layer.

For this step, I just used a bunch of brushes that I had (in the colour white). The corners are just a texture brush, the lightening is... well.. a lightening brush... and there's a very faint pattern over the whole siggy that is actually a scientific diagram of a circuit! I had it in my brushes folder, and thought it was kind of appropriate, so I added it in on a very low opacity (like 4%) Be sure to put each different brush in a new layer in case you want to change something.

Ok, this will take a bit of typing... for this colour effect, I added a 'selective colour' adjustment layer (layers>new adjustment layer>Selective colour) On the following settings...

Colours: Reds
                      Cyan: -100%
                      Magenta: 100%
                      Yellow: -81%
                      Black: 100%

Colours:Greens
                      Cyan: 52%
                      Magenta: 28%
                      yellow: -88%
                      Black: 0

Colours: Neutrals
                      Cyan: 12%
                      Magenta: 14%
                      Yellow: -21%
                      Black: -21%

Colours: Blacks
                      Cyan: 8%
                      Magenta: 3%
                      Yellow: 2%
                      Black: -1%

Phew! Anyway after that I added an exposure adjustment layer (layers>new adjustment layer>exposure) and just turned up the exposure a tiny bit to make the iamge a bit brighter.

Then I added my text. "The" and "Tesla Troopers" are in two seperate layers of text. I made the "The" layer opacity 48%, and gave it a drop shadow, and a 1 pixel black stroke. (right click the layer- blending options, tick the drop shadow box, and click the 'stroke' box. Adjust the options to 1px, and change the colour to black) The "tesla troopers" layer has all the same adjustments, but on opacity 100% and the "Bevel and Emboss" option is also ticked (again under blending options)

After that I just added a few finishing textures (including a 'spark' texture over the 's', set to blending mode: screen, and a scartch texture, with the blending mode also set to screen. Put both of these in their own layers.

I'm not sure which scratch texture I used, but this one is quite good!

And your done!

Sorry if that was difficult to follow, I'm crap at explaining things unless you are already fairly familiar with PS. :3

None the less, enjoy!

Comment

Awesome hbt123! Reminds me of "Red Alert", hehe

Finally finished my first Sanctuary art I have started another one... it will be silly and ship-less... but this one is Magnus/Druitt:
                        http://nebulan.deviantart.com/art/He...uitt-113810501

oh, and I did add new little sanctuary ships to my multiship sig (one of my rotating sigs) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../gwships-2.jpg (hopefully you can tell *heh*)

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post

Finally finished my first Sanctuary art I have started another one... it will be silly and ship-less... but this one is Magnus/Druitt:

oh, and I did add new little sanctuary ships to my multiship sig (one of my rotating sigs) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../gwships-2.jpg (hopefully you can tell *heh*)
                          *sigh* I really love the artwork you did! (And LOL, I didn't notice it until you pointed it out, but I do see the resemblance between Magnus/Roslin!)

I love your sig as well! I spy Helen/Druitt and Will/Ashley (great choices IMHO! ), any other ships I missed?
                          sigpic
                          The Return of King Arthur
                          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                          acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan View Post

Yay! Finally another person who thinks of red alert when they hear tesla trooper! I think I was the only person in the Tesla thunk thread who saw it...

Red alert 2 was a large part of my childhood (leutennant zofia was my hero... :3 )

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                              *sigh* I really love the artwork you did! (And LOL, I didn't notice it until you pointed it out, but I do see the resemblance between Magnus/Roslin!)

I love your sig as well! I spy Helen/Druitt and Will/Ashley (great choices IMHO! ), any other ships I missed?
                              Yup those two are the only sanctuary ^^;

Originally posted by hbt123 View Post
                              Yay! Finally another person who thinks of red alert when they hear tesla trooper! I think I was the only person in the Tesla thunk thread who saw it...

Red alert 2 was a large part of my childhood (leutennant zofia was my hero... :3 )
                              Yeah, when I saw your sig I said "Tesla Trooper" outloud (a bad habit of mine of reading random things outloud, sometimes before I read them in my head to realize they're not really appropriate for reading out) and my sister said "wasn't there a Tesla Trooper in Red Alert?" ... all I know is that we always pronounced Tesla Coils as "Telsa" coils. O_o

Comment

ok i thought i would share with you guys some stuff i have made... more to come later

Carter: Sir I've been thinking.
                                O'Neill: I'd be shocked if you stopped Carter

Comment

Working...
                                X